Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Hunter Wolff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Incoming Transmission

[Image: Rk6UzpF.jpg]

To: Hunter Wolff
Encryption: Exceptional
Subject: Diplomatic efforts

Greetings.

I am afraid that we have not managed to make use of the information provided before the situation escalated. Nevertheless, we would like to express our gratitude for your help, regardless of the outcome. We will continue to monitor the situation, but as Corin Frei requested that the Union deals with it on their own, our options are currently limited.

Goddess' blessings,
Zealot, Adept of the Emerald Order

Transmission Over
To: Adept Zealot, Gaian Guard
Subject: Information
Encryption: Absolute

Zealot:

Thank you for reaching out to me. I too wish that something could have been done to stop yesterday's atrocity. I feel my humanity slipping away by the moment. I was there, and I saw the blast, and I cannot put into words the effect that it is having on me at the moment. Had I known what was coming...

In my limited role, I remain open to all options. I do not believe such horrors are a requirement of war. If the Guard chooses to intervene in any way that would prevent such a thing from happening again, please keep me informed. I will do everything I can to prevent further loss of life.

Not all of us are willing to be heartless killers, ready to sacrifice everything for victory.

Sincerely,
Hunter Wolff

Incoming Transmission

Subject: Lane Hacker involvement

Mister Wolff.

The Matriarch is curious about the Union's stance regarding Lane Hacker interference with a recent engagement, where hired aid paid by their operatives gave Harmony the upper hand against your forces. She would also like to inquire whether this was an isolated incident, as it directly contradicts Lane Hackers' supposed stance towards the conflict.

Goddess' blessings,

Transmission Over
Subject: The Hackers

Zealot:

I can give you no "official" word on the Hackers' involvement in that particular conflict, but I can say they were involved, they definitely were not on the Union's side, and the Arbeitsdirektor's attitude toward them has not changed at all.

Whether any response from Union command is coming or not in regard to their participation, I cannot tell you yet.

That being said, I do have further information we need to discuss, but I'm not willing to do it over an open comm. We need to arrange another meeting. Please advise a date, time and location suitable. I advise we stay away from Bering, to ensure we are not overheard.

Sincerely,
Hunter Wolff

Incoming Transmission

Subject: Meeting

Mister Wolff.

I would propose today, at 19:30 sirian time. My ship is currently located onboard Freeport 2, so I can easily reach a location of your choice, should you wish to meet deeper into rheinland space.

Goddess' blessings,

Transmission Over
Subject: The Hackers

Zealot:

Your time is agreeable. We will meet roughly 2 hours 30 minutes from now.

Find me at Krefeld Base in Cologne. We will travel from there to a secure location where we will not be interrupted.

I will see you then.

Sincerely,
Hunter Wolff

Incoming Transmission

[Image: RBv4G64.jpg]

Subject: Assurance

Greetings, mister Wolff.

Zealot has informed me of your request. It intrigues me. I would be willing to give you that assurance, yes. I do, of course, reserve the right to act should any unforeseen circumstances arise, I hope you can understand. Before that, however, I would like to ask you something first.

Why do you wish for the Guard to take no action?

Regards,
Caroline Ross, Matriarch of the Emerald Order

Transmission Over
To: Matriarch Caroline Ross
Subject: Assurances

Matriarch Ross:

it is a pleasure to hear from you. Zealot, the only of your people I've gotten to know thus far, speaks highly of you. I'm pleased that you and I are finally in direct communication.

As I would for the Union, I would expect the Guard to act for its own protection, regardless of any prior pledge. I would never begrudge your defense of your people, as I am sure you do not begrudge me mine.

To provide you with a full detailing of the reasons for my request would require me to share information I cannot until I have your pledge, and the pledge of your Warden. What I can tell you right now is that I need to ascertain the willingness of several parties to allow the Union to resolve its own affairs. The Gaians proved themselves the most diplomatic and most reasonable during the peace discussions, and Zealot has proven your people's willingness to communicate and speak openly, and to hear as much as they talk. This is why I approach you first.

I realize this will come across as a bit vague and nebulous. It is not my intention. Right now, my primary goal is to protect the Union's interests and prevent further loss of life. All I can ask is that you trust those are my goals. If you need demonstration to earn such trust, let me know. I will do what is necessary to prove to the Guard my intentions are good.

Thank you for reaching out, Matriarch. I hope we can continue to remain in communication.

Sincerely,
Hunter Wolff

Incoming Transmission

[Image: RBv4G64.jpg]

Subject: Assurance

Mister Wolff...

The main purpose of the Emerald Order is to act upon information we acquire, not the other way around. It is my duty to make informed decisions, and you leave me anything but informed. I need to know more if you want me to pledge myself, and I certainly need to learn a lot more to convince the Warden as well.

I'm afraid there is no way around that.

Regards,
Caroline Ross, Matriarch of the Emerald Order

Transmission Over
To: Matriarch Caroline Ross
Subject: Lack of Information

Matriarch Ross:

I understand your hesitation. Please, give me some time to contemplate my options. I will reach out to you as soon as a decision is made.

Sincerely,
Hunter Wolff

Pages: 1 2