Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: All Rheinland Law Enforcement Forces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: kvcK9gD.png]

To: All Rheinland Law Enforcement Forces
Subject: Base Defense

Guten tag!

I come to you in time of need, Kruger estabilished an Trade outpost in the Bering System, and a "Separatist group" from Liberty now treaten it with Destruction if we dont pay them a fee and give them full access, something that Kruger cannot do.

Kruger have a long historic of denying to pirates docking or acess rights, we lost bases in past to Hessians and others, and still we keep same theory: paying today just make the enemy stronger tomorrow.

Bering isnt "Battlegroup Harmony" sovereign space, nor we have any obligation with said group, we have obligations with the law in southern part of Bering and that is Rheinland, its polizei and its mighty Rheinlland Military fleet.

So we are requesting all possible help on defense of the base.
base name und location: Salvage Depot, Bering system, sector 5d north.
Link to "Battlegroup Harmony" threat

Mit freundlichen grüßen,
Vorsitzender, Heinrich Stuhl

[Image: l9rJoLS.png]
[Image: ZGMnNb2.png]

[Image: 73QS1wE.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
ENCRYPTION: High - open to all channel participants
IDENTIFICATION: Polizeidirektorin Laura Carsten
SOURCE: RFP Direktorium Büros, Brandenburg Base
SUBJECT: Re: Base Defense

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter Vorsitzender Stuhl. My name is Laura Carsten and I am polizeidirektorin of the Rheinland Federal Polizei.

On behalf of the Bundespolizei I must say this is quite strange situation. We received your request for base registration less than hour ago - which does not even contain all mandatory requirements, by the way - and suddenly there is a call to defend this base. I would expect that management of the primary department of the fine Rheinland corporation know our laws and know that paragraph one of Article Seven clearly state that "all modular bases within Rheinland have to be registered in the Outpost registry before the construction begins."

Basically, you are right now asking law-enforcement to protect illegal base constructed in violation of Rheinland laws, do you realize that?

Polizeidirektorin Carsten out.

END OF THE MESSAGE

To: Laura Carsten, polizeidirektorin of the Rheinland Federal Polizei.

Guten tag!

Indeed it seems my legal advisor that ive consulted before Base construction started isnt trustable, and will be dealt with in due time, as he assured me that registering a base constructed in Bering wasnt needed.

That is my fault, and for that, i apologize, surely i need stop relying in less than trustable advisors, regardless of that, still is a Kruger base, under treath from a group that is unlawful in Liberty (defectors and traitors), wide know for dealing and being associated with criminals and terrorists.

If The Federal Polizei will help on defense or no, that is up to you, dear polizeidirektorin, whatever Kruger need abend to make that happen, will be done.

Danke for he quick reply anyway.

Mit freundlichen grüßen,

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter Vorsitzender Stuhl.

Well, like I said, the mistake of your legal advisor puts Rheinland law-enforcement in quite strange position. Anyway, the Bundespolizei was contacted by the high representative of the Separatists with inquiry about the base and it seems that whole threat is based on assumption that your base is actually used or even owned by the Unioners, what is obviously not possible when mentioned group is listed as enemy of the Rheinland. They mentioned they tried to contact the administration of the base but did not received any reply. So it appears to me that the whole threat to your base may be a result of simple misunderstanding and unfortunate interplay of circumstances and can be averted once you get in contact with Separatists, what I recommend to do as soon as possible to clear everything out. Did you received this contacting message from them?

Also, I would like to verify exact location of your base, because that is quite important in Bering system, which is under joint administration of both houses according to the peace treaty, to determine jurisdiction about it.

END OF THE MESSAGE

The Base is located in sector 5d North, Bering system.

I will inquire base manager about any comms, althought the Base identificaton is very clear about its origin and allegiance, lets say it was a misundertanding.

Danke again both for the swift answers and for the support.

Mit freundlichen grüßen,

Danke for the information. I am glad that we managed to prevent the completely unnecessary bloodshed of civilians. Like I said, I recommend to get in touch with the Separatists as soon as possible to prevent any more misunderstandings, they even offered help to defend the base against unlawful forces if such situation would happen.

However, due to circumstances, I also must ask you to not continue with construction of the base or any facilities onboard until the whole situation will be examined by the Bundespolizei and the registration procedure will be finished.

END OF THE MESSAGE

SUBJECT: Law violations related to your base

For the purpose of processing your request to register your base, I flew personally to examine the situation in the area and inspect the installation yesterday evening. And I must say that what I found was very unpleasant surprise for me. I am shocked that management of the primary department of the fine Rheinland corporation committed not only the one already mentioned law violation, but two or actually probably even -three-. To be honest, whoever is in charge of this base construction does absolutely lousy job when it comes to arranging legal issues.

So not only the base was constructed without proper registration beforehand, thus in violation of paragraph one of Article Seven. On the site, I also found out that I do not have docking rights with the properly tagged RFP| ship, what constitutes violation of paragraph 8.1. of the same article, and on top of that your base is equipped with the weapon platform, despite that paragraph 8.3. states that "construction of weapon platforms must be approved by at least one of the official law-enforcement authorities before construction begins" and as far as I can check, Bundespolizei did not approve it nor was informed about approval of some other authority.

Can you explain this situation to me, Vorsitzender Stuhl?

END OF THE MESSAGE

The base was/is being built in an active warzone, it been treatened by group that are presenting themselves as "The law" in Bering. If when they realized with who they where messing with they backed off with tails between their legs, it dont change that they are, in fact, acting as pirates in Bering, the same kind of message we receive from Hessians in Omegas.

As it seems that you and the organization you represent are more concerned in pleasing foreigner defectors, traitors of their own navy, that are defacto claiming part of Rheinland space as their own than protecting a Rheinlandic base and its workers, and taking into consideration that NO POLIZEI SHIP been spotted there since base construction started, i dont think theres doubts about what are polizei priorities nowadays.

We have there plenty of that so called "Battlegroup" allies, only nice folks: pirates and terrorists that attack Kruger transports unhindered by anyone but some RM patrols, a small detachment of BDM that appeared too, and Polizei standed out for complete absence.

You not offering security, but you want to hinder our own defenses.

I cant deny that at each day, at each decision we get to know from the parliament, seems that the Federal Republic dont represent the interest of the Rheinlanders, but of some other people... other interests.

Maybe is time for some changes, time for Kruger to support who represent better the volk, rather than who represents the pirates, the foreign corps, the outcasted criminals.

Polizei apparently chosen a side already, its time for Kruger to do same. And Kruger always stepped up for The Volk.

Thats all the explanation i can offer:
We need defend our people from pirates, as Kruger need to do by itself since long; While Omega-7 is the major source of Rheinland Minerals, rarely it gets honoured with the sight of a Polizei patrol, while pirates are rampant there, and Rheinland Military patrols are the (rare) opposition that pirates meet except by corporations own defenses.

I have declared that whatever would be required to be done by Rheinland law, would be done.

If the polizei docking rights met any problem, that must be some kind of programming error, as it have the same docking rights as all Kruger Stations.

And you cannot really expect that Kruger will have a base under direct threat of multiple groups and will wait until your burocracy is fulfilled, is very less costly build the defenses and pay any possible fine, than wait base get destroyed, pay indenizations for families of our dead employees and mourn our losses while your burocracy decide if we can or not build our defenses.

Source: Schlachtschiff Strausberg, Neu-Berlin-System, Bundesrepublik Rheinland
Encryption: port RM-MC-R2R-RIET-ET

[Image: nynUvMM.jpg?1]

Submitter: Major Franz Westerwalt
Recipant: Kruger
Subject: Problems in Bering

Herr Stuhl,

my Name is Major Franz Westerwalt of the Rheinland Military, we recieved your transmission and are already sending Kampfgruppe Fuchs towards your station, hopefully your station is already ready to supply the Kampfgruppe with the needed materials they need for their daily patrols.

We agree with you, that the transmission of the Battlegroup Harmony is indeed a harsh way to open a conversation, but at least they took their dirty... I mean, they said sorry.

Polizeidirektorin Frau Carsten,

we also agree with you that the station Bauleiter had some minor issues with the laws, but is it really worth to waste your time here? At the end, the station got constructed in a heavily armed system full with pirates and other scums like Har... Unioners and so on, some weapon platforms to protect the loyal Kruger personal and Rheinlanders shouldn't hurt, right?

In the end, you don't want to have Rheinlander blood on your Hand, don't you?

Hochachtungsvoll
Major Franz Westerwalt

SUBJECT: Law violations related to your base

I must say I am genuinely surprised by your message. Also quite insulted by some parts. Yesterday, you thanked me for "both for the swift answers and for the support". One day later, you slander me of being "more concerned with pleasing foreigner defectors than protecting Rheinland base and its workers", question priorities and interests of the Bundespolizei and on top of that even try to involve me into the dirt of politics. Obviously just because I dared to confront you with the violations of law you or your employees committed.

How the hell dare you?! After all those years I fought criminals, terrorists and even nomads to protect Rheinlanders and foreign civilians in our space! Seems you do not know me enough to be aware that I am no paper pusher but I had to climb up the ranks from the kadett and I even still take my part on patrols, where I spent hundreds of hours in total so far, to stay in touch with everyday duty. Mein Gott, I sacrificed to duty a lot of sweat, blood and basically dedicated my life to the protection of common people!!! Try to repeat what you said once again and we will have a talk in person which...

*Carsten suddenly stops for a few moments and breathes deeply in and out few times while literally biting herself in her tongue*

Obviously, recapitulation with some explanation is needed, Vorsitzender Stuhl. You contacted Bundespolizei and requested registration of your base. Twenty minutes later we suddenly received your call for help what obviously meant that the base is constructed already. By the way, in - as you stated even yourself - an active war zone, what I really do not think is a gut idea and I cannot understand how would this endangering of your employees mean "better representation of the volk" or "stepping up for it", as you claim.

Anyway, I noticed it and another fifteen minutes later, I asked about it, because as I mentioned before, it meant that you were asking law-enforcement to protect illegal base constructed in violation of Rheinland laws. You apologized, explained it was a mistake of your legal advisor and stated that Krüger Mineralien is ready to remedy the issue. I accepted that, let the paperwork be handled later - because the safety of the people was in question - and started arranging what I could. Thankfully we received a message from the representative of the Separatists and once the whole matter was clarified and explained as a simple misunderstanding because they thought that your base is actually used or even owned by the Unioners.

Thus just an hour after your emergency message, I was able to report to you that the threat is called off and your employees are safe. And despite it was my instant involvement, so the action of the member of the Bundespolizei, you now complain that it is not our priority to help you?!

By the way, when we are at that. Ja, you are right, we do not send many of our ships into Bering, but you mentioned the reason actually. It is an active dangerous war zone and polizei is not equipped nor trained properly for such an environment. We are sorry but we have our limitations. But you would know that if your legal advisor would bother to contact us before the construction of the base began, like the Rheinland laws demand. We would have told him that our presence in Bering is quite limited, unfortunately. We try what we can, but we are not military.

Anyway, back to my summary. At the moment when the threat to your base was averted, I could return to the paperwork related to the registration of your base. Considering I knew that the base is constructed already, I was obliged to examine the situation to make sure there are no issues which could prevent registration. And then I found the other two law violations. Naturally, I went again back to you and asked about them. I fail to understand why it warranted the reaction you displayed.

All I needed was the explanation you actually offered after all that unwarranted criticism and insults. That the docking rights issue was just an error which you are going to fix immediately, what as I checked was done already. And regarding the weapon platforms, I again really don´t understand how you reached the conclusion that my point is to "hinder your defences". The reason why I was asking was very simple - to verify if you really violated the laws or not. Like I stated, Bundespolizei did not approve it nor was informed about the approval of some other authority, but I could not exclude the option that you actually obtained approval from someone else and we just were not informed about it.

Basically, I just do my job here. I am processing your request, gathering information and also investigate the law violations, which unfortunately took place from your side. But to reach the decision and make the judgement about appropriate punishment, we need to know all the information and mitigating or aggravating circumstances, otherwise we may even punish you for something you actually did not commit. Hence my questions.

Also, it would be gut if you could stop complaining about bureaucracy. It is not our fault that your legal advisor failed to arrange legal issues. If he would do it, we would be able to sort everything in advance without the time pressure we are in now. We are obliged by the law to follow the standard procedure just as in any other case of base registration or violations of laws related to them. If you expect from law-enforcement to protect your base, do not be surprised that the same law-enforcement will care if you follow the law yourself or not. My job is to uphold the law, but it works both ways, you should not expect from me to turn a blind eye just because Rheinland corporation is involved.

So, now that I hopefully explained everything, I would like to return to the matter at hand. But to proceed with it, I really need to get the information regarding the weapon platform and if it was approved properly by one of the official law-enforcement authorities before construction began or not. If it was, submit the copy of the approval to me, bitte. And if not, it would be gut to tell me if you plan to construct any more weapon platforms in near future.

END OF THE MESSAGE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Re: Problems in Bering

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter Major Westerwalt.

I believe I addressed and explained the whole issue in the message to the Vorsitzender Stuhl, to which you have access, thus I will not waste the time of both of us to repeat myself. I will reiterate just my main point - Bundespolizei is obliged by the law to follow the standard procedure just as in any other case of base registration or violations of laws related to them. If anyone expects from law-enforcement to protect his base, he should not be surprised that the same law-enforcement will care if he follows the law himself or not. My, as well as your job, is to uphold the law, but it works both ways, no one should expect we turn a blind eye just because Rheinland corporation is involved. It is not my or Bundespolizei fault the legal issues were not solved in advance, all I am trying to do hier is to get the situation back to be in accordance with the Rheinland laws.

Rest assured that in no way is my intention to endanger civilians aboard the station in question. Though in my opinion that was done more than enough just by the chosen location of it, which I personally consider as highly dangerous and not a wise choice at all.

END OF THE MESSAGE
Pages: 1 2