Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Core |Secure|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[DATA SECURED--....
[PARCEL FOUND - TRANSMITTING].........

---- -- -{ INBOUND TRANSMISSION }- -- ----

[Image: iS6Z5u4.png]

COMM ID----------Jonathan Kalh
-------------------------------Battlegroup Scarabeaus

RECEIVER ID----The Core High Command
-------------------------------Core

ENCRYPTION
Impenetrable

*Unreachable unless you are the recipient*

Its been a long time since we have spoken or even saw each other in the battlefields of Omicron Delta, Minor, back when I was an Order Agent. Since I left The Order I havent heard or seen so much as a whiff of Core vessels anywhere, which means your not really in the business of hunting me or rather an opportunity has never arisen. Regardless I come to you now for your help and support. War, the true War is here. I ask you put aside your hatred for past Order Agents such as myself and allow me free passage and your word your Men will not shoot me while I do all I can to suppress Malta and those infected by the plague that is Nomads. After all, one way or another we are all on the same side. Should we fail to unite our forces and all we can bear, It will be our downfall. Are you with me?

Jonathan Kalh
Captain of the Scarab|CV-Amenhotep

---- -- -{ TRANSMISSION TERMINATED }- -- ----

[PARCEL TRANSMITTED - CLOSING].........
[BEACON LOST]

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Acting Frumentarii "Caladrius"
Subject: The True War
ENCRYPTION: V1GI1L4NT

Captain Kalh,

I've been authorized to directly negotiate with you and work out an acceptable set of terms that will be mutually beneficial and fitting for both our respective goals. Your former service record does call into question whether or not you can actually be trusted, but I'll wager that we can at the very least reason with you, after all you're being rational and reaching out to us rather than spewing propaganda like the other terrorists employed by the Overwatch.

Let's start simple, Captain. What changed? Why, after everything you're taught about us, after how strongly you are indoctrinated into hating us, do you now wish to pursue cooperation against existential threats and mutual foes? As much as I believe in epiphanies, I would prefer to hear your logic and rationale behind this change.

As I said, the question of trust still remains. And I would prefer that we cleared up these doubts before proceeding. Perhaps you have been given a fresh perspective on the reality of things. And let's assume that's true. The Core is a determined force and has the strength to endure the opposition presented before it, but we are always willing to seek new partners to cooperate with against the scum that plagues the denizens we seek to shield. How would you help us do this?

Clear these things up for me and we can proceed. Until I hear from you again, Captain.

- Acting Frumentarii "Caladrius"

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[DATA SECURED--....

RECEIVER ID----Acting Frumentarii "Caladrius"

ENCRYPTION
Impenetrable

I first wish to thank The Core for the opportunity to really show my true colors, I can say as of late people are quick to judge and assume. A few years ago I found the Amenhotep floating in Omicron Minor, Badly damaged from the War of Toledo, It was a massacre. The Order Overwatch, in the beginning, seemed to be fair and just and I ate it up. I repaired the Amenhotep on The Overwatch Shipyard Fort Carthage and was sent to the houses to find and eradicate any Nomad forces that slipped by. The Amenhotep was one of the Capital Warships to destroy the Hyper Gate in Coronado effectively blocking the Nomad and their Thralls from overrunning the Crayterian Republic. After this event, everything changed. The Order Overwatch for whatever reason abandoned me and I was left to fend on my own. Forced to align myself with The Republic of Liberty or run out of supplies. The Crayterians couldn't support me indefinitely and The Junker Stations in the area are not equipped to handle an Osiris.

It was at this moment I started to see the sham that is The Overwatch. For a short time they didnt know I survived and once word got back to them That I was serving Liberty it all went downhill from there. I have been stricken at by those who called me friend, and I have struck down those I called my friends, being brainwashed is a horrible thing, they follow Golanskies orders without question or hesitation.

I have come to the realization that If the Overwatch can act like this, what other lies could have been told to me? I have been lead to think The Core was an abomination to Man Kind, a human plague sent out to try and reap the rewards of researching Nomads and not care about Humanity. I decided to give this a shot and see where it can lead.

You ask me what I can do for you, The Amenhotep and its crew are seasoned veterans who can overcome any obstacle Nomad or otherwise. My ship is capable of sneaking behind enemy lines and wreaking havoc upon those who prey on the innocent. We are ready and capable.

I know this question will come up so I will answer it now. I still hold strong feelings against the Overwatch and if any of them threaten our operations together I will not hesitate to strike them down.

Jonathan Kalh

[BEACON LOST]

ID: Acting Frumentarii "Caladrius"
Subject: The True War
ENCRYPTION: V1GI1L4NT

A man of action?

We can work with that. And I'm prepared to offer you a Non Aggression Pact and the offer of cooperation against mutual foes. Your origins are inherently shady to those that are unfamiliar with your story, but if you continue to work with us, I'm sure we can set the record straight and legitimize you in the eyes of the Houses, at least if you wish to go further than just conditional cooperation, if not I wager that would be understandable.

Core forces will not engage you or initiate any actions against you that could be interpreted as hostile. We will treat your ship as just that, yours. But we expect you to reciprocate the gesture - Rho is ours and as such access to it is off the table. Leave the enforcement of order at the seat of the Omicronis to us. Vermin like the Outcasts, the Nomads and their assortment of thralls and the inevitable scourge that is the Order are all avenues for us to cooperate against and appropriately eliminate wherever and however possible.

Additionally, given your expertise in operating behind enemy lines and striking them where most vulnerable, I would also propose cooperation in terms of intelligence and not purely force, it's no secret that knowing is half the battle, the other half is merely acting on the knowledge you have on hand. For whatever reasons I look forward to us working together, you seem like a capable and resourceful man. For the time-being at least, let's keep our arrangement between just you and our pertinent personnel.

Should anything worth discussing come up, my ears are always open, simply report to this channel. And remember Captain, Tyranny is temporary, but Justice is eternal. Seek to embody that.

- Acting Frumentarii "Caladrius"

[DATA SECURED--....

ENCRYPTION
Impenetrable

I Captain Jonathan Kalh of The Amenhotep Agree to your terms and conditions listed in the Non Aggression Pact. I look forward to working with you in any possible instance that I am needed. May our forces keep Humanity shielded from those who would seek to destroy it.

Jonathan Kalh

[BEACON LOST]
[DATA SECURED--....

ENCRYPTION
Impenetrable

I come before you to report my breach of our agreement, I entered Omicron Rho in pursuit of a Corsair Gunboat attacking Interspace Commerce Transports delivering Iridium to Alabama Shipyard. I will take any fine or repercussions you deem worthy for my actions, Note that the Corsair gunboat was destroyed with the Help of Core|WV-Herschel. After the threat was destroyed The Captain of the Donau thanked me then asked me to leave immediately and so I did. So to sum it up, I breached our contract to save IC Transports delivering Iridium, and I am sorry for my infraction.

Jonathan Kalh

[BEACON LOST]

»ID: Christian H. F. Albrecht
»Location: Dagger Outpost , Omega-55
»Subject: Subject: Breach
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Mister Kalh

I appreciate your honesty in this matter, however as I am sure you know, we cannot simply take your word for the events that have transpired and will required supporting documentation, as well as the name of the interspace commerce vessel that you claim to have protected.

After we receive the supporting documentation, then we will review your case. Until then I would avoid Rho, as to avoid anymore mishaps like this.

-Christian H. F. Albrecht
Director of Frumentarii, The Core

[Image: YIzA476.png]
[DATA SECURED--....

RECEIVER ID----Christian H. F. Albrecht

ENCRYPTION
Impenetrable

The IC Transport is IC|APM-Richest and I have attached the Amenhoteps black box recording to verify my story. I look forward to hearing your response.
Jonathan Kalh

[BEACON LOST]

»ID: Christian H. F. Albrecht
»Location: Dagger Outpost , Omega-55
»Subject: Subject: Breach
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Mister Kalh

Upon reviewing the evidence I have concluded that while you were, strictly speaking, in breach of your agreement, you have provided enough clear evidence to show that you were indeed protecting the transport and you did leave the system immediately after all hostilities had concluded. Taking this and the fact that you have admitted your fault to us in person and in a reasonable amount of time, I do not see a reason to pursue this line of investigation any longer and I will waiver the usual fines for your cooperation.

-Christian H. F. Albrecht
Director of Frumentarii, The Core

[Image: YIzA476.png]