Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Dr. James Erzie |Secure|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[DATA SECURED--....
[PARCEL FOUND - TRANSMITTING].........

---- -- -{ INBOUND TRANSMISSION }- -- ----

[Image: iS6Z5u4.png]

COMM ID----------Jonathan Kalh
-------------------------------Battlegroup Scarabeaus

RECEIVER ID----Dr. James Erzie
-------------------------------IRG

ENCRYPTION
Impenetrable

*Unreachable unless you are the recipient*

My friend, James, It has finally come. The Terror I have seen in my dreams, The creeping chills I feel down my spine. War, the real War is here. We go back a long way but I head to The Omicrons to face this threat. I firstly wanted to let you know that I have always valued our friendship and your advice. I have come to ask you for a favor, a favor that can tip the scale for me and my crew. I ask your permission for unrestricted Docking and Repairs, on Livadia Shipyard. We have to unite against The Nomads and their Thralls. Policies that would normally not even allow me to do this must be put on hold during this very real conflict. Are you with me James?

Jonathan Kalh
Captain of the Scarab|CV-Amenhotep

---- -- -{ TRANSMISSION TERMINATED }- -- ----

[PARCEL TRANSMITTED - CLOSING].........
[BEACON LOST]

[Image: 568NS0m.jpg]

Encryption: High
Recipients: Associated Parties in Channel
Document Subject: War Efforts

Jonathan Kalh,
What you ask for is not difficult, especially with the dissolve of the Confederation, I don't imagine we'd have any issues, as long as it was a level playing field with interested parties. I'll work with the administration to open at least one of the dry-docks for your use, and any other independent users that may wish to get involved. I cannot, at this time, make any sort of allegiance to your cause directly, but I will do what is in my power to support those on the right side of this conflict until further tools of Ingenuus are available.

Don't forget that my crew members of the Itherael are willing to support yours should you suffer casualties, and that our previous deal is still in effect. Respite is a huge part of remaining vigilant. Beyond that, the rest will take time.

Dr. James Erzie
PhD, Theoretical physics, Thermodynamics
University of Cambridge

Jonathan Kalh,
We have secured temporary administrative rights for a partition of Livadia shipyard capable of servicing your vessels and any other light class in need of field servicing. Please document your visits for our convenience, and refer anyone in question to me should they bar your access temporarily, or require temporary access.

Best of Luck.

Dr. James Erzie
University of Cambridge

[DATA SECURED--....

[Image: iS6Z5u4.png]

COMM ID----------Jonathan Kalh
-------------------------------Battlegroup Scarabeaus

ENCRYPTION
Impenetrable

James, You never fail to come through in my times of need. I will do as you ask and document my visits. This will for sure allow me and The Amenhotep to operate In the Omicrons against this new and highly dangerous threat more aggressively. I will keep you informed on my progress. Until next time.

Jonathan Kalh
Captain of the Scarab|CV-Amenhotep

[BEACON LOST]
[DATA SECURED--....

[Image: NGiYsHN.png]

COMM ID----------Lilly Shield
-------------------------------Battleship Amenhotep

ENCRYPTION
Impenetrable

Doctor,

Captain Jonathan Kalh has for the time being given me command of the Amenhotep, during his leave I will spear head all operations and ensure Captain Kalh's timeline stays on track. He has asked me to get with you on plans for the Amenhotep. It is his wish that The Amenhotep be modified in favor of heavier Armor and fire power. Though we understand being heavier has its consequences, I was hoping you could tell us how it would affect us.

On a side note, since you did secure that spot in Lividia Shipyard I expect us to make use of it should you give us the go. We have schematics that I would like you to take a look at when you have the time.

May The Light of Humanity Never Fade
Lilly Shield
Acting Captain of The Amenhotep

[BEACON LOST]

Lilly Shield,
This is quite the endeavor. Such a task would like take your vessel out of commission for some months, and you would have to find a place for your crew in the meantime. While the Itherael can support a portion of them, we're already at a carrying capacity for our current operations near the houses; quite some distance from your location should you choose for us to undergo this procedure. That being said, it is certainly within our capability, but you wanted to be made aware of the physical consequences of this sort of thing.

Adding additional armor is only effective up to a point. You can make a flying brick loaded with armor, but its maneuverability and acceleration get hindered the more mass you add, so it's best to add armor to where you will be struck most. I'm sure you have combat diagnostics to offer us that could better explain where the reinforcements would be best spent. As for your firepower, I believe that was something we previously discussed. While strictly, Ingenuus doesn't like to enable arms races, should your efforts be focused against Nomad threats, we can incorporate the power system overhaul with the armor reinforcements. This is where logistics gets tricky, because coolant-heat channels run best to places near exhaust ports and something like the Osiris was never designed for open combat operations. This means armor improvements would likely strictly limit coolant channels, and thus power generation to an extent, but is certainly something that can be dealt with.

Fortunately, the advantage of additional armor is more room on the hull for larger weaponry, which would be a considerable tactical bonus, as with proper placement, you may have threatening coverage of your heavy weaponry and artillery. This would, however, contribute additionally to complicating the internal systems with more power channels and cooling systems, as well as loading systems, ammunition, or canister storage; not to mention that, yet again, more mass.

None of this is impossible, it would just take careful planning and swift execution to perform. One thing I do know is that for armor reinforcements, iridium may come as a key material, which is fortunately in large store in the Omicrons, however, I can make a full material list after some planning and calculations based on your schematics.

Let me know your intentions.

Dr. James Erzie
University of Cambridge

[DATA SECURED--....

[Image: IdkWPZ2m.jpg]

COMM ID----------Asmodeus
-------------------------------The Amenhotep

ENCRYPTION
Impenetrable

Heavy steps can be heard as Asmodeus approaches the live feed.

Doctor,

After the disastrous attack on the Amenhotep I have decided that its time to finish what I started a few years ago. Lividia shipyard played a huge role in repairing my damaged Osiris, I think its time to move forward with this plan to completely upgrade the Amenhotep and give the Nomads and those who would fight against us a new face on the battlefield. I understand the Amenhotep will be taken out of commission for several months but it is a sacrifice I am willing to make for the greater good of Humanity. I have opened this transmission to Auxesia in the hopes they can lend some of their fine engineers on this project, should they be willing to.

The Inner Phalanx is officially patched into this communique

Asmodeus
Captain of the Amenhotep

[BEACON LOST]

Asmodeus,
While we are currently building assets of our own at Livadia, we've also recently completed expansions to the station, to supply an additional dry dock, allowing us to enter this process. This may take longer, depending on the movement of supplies to the station, as well as putting certain assets in a holding moor should immediate repairs and service be needed on another vessel. Livadia currently has two docks in full service, however, with your project, we will be using both docks, and thus slowing our capabilities overall until the last dock expansion is finished.

To put it plainly, to support your request we will require either significant material or monetary compensation. Should you somehow contract out materials to be delivered, and the influx doesn't impact our other contracts, then you will likely find a lower cost to you overall - however, should Ingenuus take this on and do the deliveries ourselves, then it will require much more, as we would be re-directing resources away from our immediate goals. Either way you approach it, it doesn't matter - I'll have my logistics staff run a composition requirement for aforementioned retrofits.

Best of luck.

Dr. James Erzie
University of Cambridge