Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Claire Delune - Flight logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
10/07/741 A.G.S.

When I started my flight to get my head free from all those problems I had in the past, I did not expect what would happen today.

Starting from Kepler, I quickly made my way through Kusari into the Taus, looking for traders or anyone else who might be of my interest.
After a little trouble with an GMS train, I decided that I should see my old home once again, so I took the gate to Languedoc and went deep into the heart of Gallia.
Now that I think about it, it was once again one of my reckless and emotional decisions. I barely dodged the law around Paris and found myself in the hotspot of gallic commerce, the Picardy system. This is the place where I met a very special person, who was flying an Gallic Metal Service train. He said his name was Marcel.
Even though I just tried to get some spare money out of him, as he was sitting right near Amiens in a superior position, I somehow ended up accusing him for his choice of lifestyle. A working member of the gallic society. I presume he must be living in the upper class, as he seemed quite happy with his work at the metal service. The GMS workers I met before usually were demotivated, exhausted and most of the time rather quiet. But this person seemed to be very happy with the system he's a part of, something I can't understand.
We then had a very long discussion, in which I told him about my ideology, believes and plans. I actually told him a lot more than I wanted to, but sometimes, if a person is up for a good discussion, I just loose myself in it. Even after hours of discussing, he still had his point of view and I had mine. But he gave me a lot to think of.

I know archieving my goals would in no way be easy, but actually keeping them up for a longer time will be a very difficult problem too. I can't do it alone. I need to get some help.

But that's the goal for another day. I will leave some important information in this folder, so I will never forget what I learned today. I still think the houses must fall, but it's a long way to go.

I am not willing to give up like this!

Visual of the ship at Amiens

10/09/741 A.G.S.

A rather eventful day for me. I somehow found the way to the Omegas this time. A region I rarely visit, and I think it should stay this way. There is just too much going on there. After I had a little situation with two Interspace transports, I decided to fly to the Freeport and call it a day, when suddenly a Hessian came by. Right as I wanted to start a talk with the Hessian, we recieved our first topic: Two Nomads who appeared behind Freeport 1. They tried to communicate with us, but all I heard was some idiotic talk about light and darkness. Maybe I should've listened more carefully but... Well I didn't care. After a while of coming closer and going further away from each other the Nomads went in on attacking the Hessian and myself. Oh, and there was a Freelancer who... Uhm, how do I say this?... He fell asleep in space... And the Nomad made sure he wouldn't wake up. Some people are a bit too careless if you ask me. Anyways, I had different worries at the moment, as a heated combat between the Nomads and our small force of humanity broke out.
The Nomads brought a medium-sized ship, most likely some sort of gunship, and a heavier, fighter sized ship. In a close fight we managed to kill the smaller Nomad, while the bigger one left the fight before we could distrubt it. Oh, and there was a Bounty Hunter doing some Bounty Hunter stuff. Not sure what role he played in that fight though.
After the fight was won by our side, the Hessian and me sat outside of the Freeport and had a little talk. I've learned much about their organization in this talk. Not only about their history and goals, in which I had... Some sort of interest, maybe... But also that parts of the Hessians do not like the Coalition as much as they pretend to do. That makes them quite interesting as an potential friendly force for me. I will see if I can find some more of them while my future flights through the Omega sector. As usual, I'll put all the obtained data below.

Destruction of one Nomad ship

That however, was not the only person I met today. Right after the Hessian left, I ran into an person named Finlay Rowe, who I also quickly got into a talk with. Unfortunately, my ship suffered some damage from the bigger Nomad ship in the fight before, and the Zoners somehow found a reason to not let me into their base at this moment. So this person offered that he'd show me a place where I could get my ship repaired and also find a hideout until the Zoners would calm down again. We went to the Omega-7 system. That is basically just an yellow cloud, but I heard there are some natural ressources floating around, so I might have to visit that system from time to time. Anyways, he showed me a well hidden base, which was located in the western part of the cloud. The base was called "Ithaca Base". So I got myself some ammunitions and repairs, and had a little talk with the guy. We didn't talk about much interesting stuff, but he mentioned once that he is looking for a job. He did not say what kind of job, but I suppose if the pay is right, he will do what his orders say. I should definitely keep that in mind, if I need manpower for an future project. I will leave those logs in here aswell. That was all for now.

10/10/741 A.G.S.

There was not much to write about today. I was flying through the colonies, looking for Navy and Police patrols, without any succes.
I also went back to Gallia again. Maybe I got a bit too bored in the Sirian houses, but Gallia wasn't really active either. The only thing which got me very curious was an station which I found in the Picardy system. It seemed to be a prison station which I have never seen before. It showed the name "La Fere Prison Station". It did not show an affiliation and the docking bays were closed. I wasn't too eager to dock there anyways. Also one thing that suprised me, it was not marked on any of the Navmaps I had with me. It must either be new, secret or long forgotten. I will keep the location in my data collection, maybe I will need it one day.

Visuals of the found station
10/17/741 A.G.S.

I started my flight from Allentown in Pennsylvania. It didn't take me more than a few seconds before I saw the first trader. Surprisingly, it was an Outcast train, which was fully loaded with food rations. I tried to get some informations from him, but he was just a hauler hired by the Maltese. There wasn't much he could tell me, but the pure fact that he was in Pennsylvania means that the Outcasts are getting an increased influence in the Liberty systems. That will mean that the cardamine problem will get even worse. I'll be around Liberty for some time, maybe I can get some drug traders. I have to try it at least. Those drugs are causing too many problems to the Libertonian people.

Some hours later, I was having a little rest in the Freeport 10 bar, as I had an exhausting chase with two Rogues before, when a woman suddenly offered me a deal. She said she knew of an old battleship wreck in an dangerous system. For "just" 10 million credits she told me where it is. I'm still not sure if it was worth it... So, I got the basic supplies I needed for such a long flight and went on my way. She told me the system was called "Drake", and that I could reach it from the eastern cloud in Newcastle. I found the entrance rather easily, so I quickly jumped in. The wreck itself was located around 70K above the jumphole, in an small ice asteroid cloud. It was an really impressive view, seing such an majestic ship, almost cut in half. I scanned it for valuable materials, but all I found, besides Hull Panels and Engine Components, was a codename weapon called "AHRIMAN". From it's size and shape I suppose it's meant to be mounted on bombers. Even though I'd like to fight with such special weapons, I prefer having a full set of guns and not some random mix of stuff I found. Maybe someone will have a use for it, and hopefully this person will be paying me some nice money for this gun, so this trip wasn't completely useless. As I wasn't really keen to go back to Bretonia, I decided I should search for a different route. It all went rather quiet, until I encountered a few strange looking objects, which were located in the lower half of the system. Immediately a group of ships got to my location, one of them looked like a gunboat shiptype, which I've never seen before. They didn't say a word, they just opened fire on me. Now I know what that woman meant with "dangerous system"... I blowed the big ship up and got out of there as fast as I could. A jumphole nearby led me to the Inverness system. I have only heard some rumors about this system, so I was rather happy to see a Junker base just a few minutes away. Here I'll try to plan my way out of here and back to the Taus. Oh, and I will try to sell that weapon. I'm sure some Junker will have a use for it. I'll put in some pictures below, it will help me to remember what I just wrote in here.

The "Nottingham" wreck

Unidentified attackers