Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Senior Agent Tracer | From: Ezrael Vertiga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: XNOnMEW.png]
[Image: Hqz1Ftu.png]

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] receiving transmission
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] identifying encryption
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] applying available decryption keys
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] processing transmission
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] format: text
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] checking transmission for hazardous content
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] status: trusted
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] tracing neural net ID
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] trusted neural net ID recognized
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] loading neural net avatar
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] playing transmission

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

Good evening, Senior Agent. This transmission contains the first part of the report you requested.

Report: Cultist Warhead Technologies
Filed: Leon Isley & Noel Bäker
Authorized: Ezrael Vertiga
Date: October 9th, 825

Since our first contact with the Cult of Technology, which according to the Apahanta's archive is dated back to November 24th, 823 A.S., we identified four different types of missile/torpedo-type Cult of Technology weapons.

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] ANC-2 "Nova" Antimatter Torpedo Launcher
‣ equipped on Bomber-type Cult of Technology Drones

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] "Nightmare" Battleship Missile Silo
‣ equipped on Carrier-type Cult of Technology VS-0074 Command Carriers

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] "Heavy Torpedo" Launcher
‣ equipped on Gunboat-type and Explorer-type Cult of Technology Combat Vessels

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] "Titan" Missile Turret
‣ equipped on Carrier-type Cult of Technology VS-0074 Command Carriers

After reviewing our archived footage on all marked Cult of Technology encounters, including footage from our Rovers and the Captain's personal gunboat, it became apparent that the Cult of Technology seems to be in the process of developing new weapon technologies and test them in battle. Certain weapon types have shown to be rather promising for their cause, whatever that might be apart from causing enormous damage to their targets. Alternative weapon technologies like shotgun-like short-range particle weapons similar to the PPAC Battlecruiser Turret and the Volley Cannon of our weapon blueprint catalogue; Manticore Beam Cannons that work similar to the sirian Zapper technology; Dark/Anti-Matter Bomber Cannons; Heavy Mortar-type Battleship Turrets and last but not least previously mentioned missile/torpedo-type weapons. In chronological order, the missile/torpedo-type weapons are by now the most frequent used weapons next to the beam cannons, which might hint to further developments from the Cult of Technology on that topic.

The Cult of Technology equivalent to our sirian ANC-2 "Nova" Antimatter Torpedo Launcher is mostly if not exclusively used on Cult of Technology Bomber Drones, which mostly resemble Roc-class bombers. They probably deemed this open-market design as one of the most effective ones and upgraded it for their purposes. These bombers are usually deployed in high amounts, ranging from at least four to up to a dozen. The Nova-like torpedos they use are, apart from a higher payload, not much different from our sirian Novae.

The Cult of Technology Heavy Torpedo Launcher is commonly found on their Condor-class Replica Heavy Drones and their Corvo-Class Replica Heavy Drones, usually combined with extremely unforgiving Manticore Lance Beam Turrets. In comparison with the latter, the Heavy Torpedo is dealing nearly no damage to capital ships and they are probably mostly effective against other medium-sized vessels like gunboats and cruisers. Both ship types have been witnessed to launch up to three Heavy Torpedos at max, while their range is rather limited to less than 10K.

The Cult of Technology "Titan" Missile Launcher is something we seem to have only encountered during their invasion of the Dublin system in November, 824. This highly dangerous missile launcher proved to be extremely effective against snubcraft as they seemed to have the tracking ability of known cruise disruptors paired with the lethal kinetic payload of gunboat/cruiser anti-snub missiles. VS-0074 only launched them against snubcraft coming too close to itself, so we can assume the range of these monsters is highly limited. Generally, it was a bad idea to charge VS-0074-type Command Carriers regardless of shiptype.

The Cult of Technology variant of the sirian Nightmare Ballistic Torpedo poses the greatest threat of all these. So far, only VS-0074-type Command Carriers have been witnessed using these, and hell, they use plenty of them. The first times these were brought to the battlefield, VS-0074 had eight of them mounted, almost perfectly covering the all sides of the Bustard-resembling carrier. In following encounters the amount was reduced to seven and later six launcher silos, while VS-0074 became more dangerous in short-range combat.

While any o̠t̯̤̽ɥɛ̟ɾ ˡC˞̴̃ʊ̘l̙̘̥̜̊̈̃˞t̴˞ˡ˞ ɔɸ̟̻̠̻̺̺̙̞̪̽̃̽̈̃̈̃ˠ ̈̽T̰̽̽̃ḛ̰̩̻c̜ʜ˞̰̽̃ñ̪̼̼̼̻̺̘̞̪̽œ̻̽˞̃ɮ̴ɒ̴˞̽̃ɣɤ̊̈ ɰ̴̯̰̃˞̽i̴˞s̤ʃ̯̼̃̽ɨ̽̃̊˞ˡɮ˞̴̜̙e/ [Reading Error]

Second half follows once you do your part. It will contain our footage and scans on the Cult of Technology.

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] attachments: 0

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

Senior Agent, you didn't forget about this, didn't you?

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

Report: Cultist Warhead Technologies
Filed: Leon Isley & Noel Bäker
Authorized: Ezrael Vertiga
Date: October 9th, 825

Since our first contact with the Cult of Technology, which according to the Apahanta's archive is dated back to November 24th, 823 A.S., we identified four different types of missile/torpedo-type Cult of Technology weapons.

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] ANC-2 "Nova" Antimatter Torpedo Launcher
? equipped on Bomber-type Cult of Technology Drones

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] "Nightmare" Battleship Missile Silo
? equipped on Carrier-type Cult of Technology VS-0074 Command Carriers

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] "Heavy Torpedo" Launcher
? equipped on Gunboat-type and Explorer-type Cult of Technology Combat Vessels

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] "Titan" Missile Turret
? equipped on Carrier-type Cult of Technology VS-0074 Command Carriers

After reviewing our archived footage on all marked Cult of Technology encounters, including footage from our Rovers and the Captain's personal gunboat, it became apparent that the Cult of Technology seems to be in the process of developing new weapon technologies and test them in battle. Certain weapon types have shown to be rather promising for their cause, whatever that might be apart from causing enormous damage to their targets. Alternative weapon technologies like shotgun-like short-range particle weapons similar to the PPAC Battlecruiser Turret and the Volley Cannon of our weapon blueprint catalogue; Manticore Beam Cannons that work similar to the sirian Zapper technology; Dark/Anti-Matter Bomber Cannons; Heavy Mortar-type Battleship Turrets and last but not least previously mentioned missile/torpedo-type weapons. In chronological order, the missile/torpedo-type weapons are by now the most frequent used weapons next to the beam cannons, which might hint to further developments from the Cult of Technology on that topic.

The Cult of Technology equivalent to our sirian ANC-2 "Nova" Antimatter Torpedo Launcher is mostly if not exclusively used on Cult of Technology Bomber Drones, which mostly resemble Roc-class bombers. They probably deemed this open-market design as one of the most effective ones and upgraded it for their purposes. These bombers are usually deployed in high amounts, ranging from at least four to up to a dozen. The Nova-like torpedos they use are, apart from a higher payload, not much different from our sirian Novae.

The Cult of Technology Heavy Torpedo Launcher is commonly found on their Condor-class Replica Heavy Drones and their Corvo-Class Replica Heavy Drones, usually combined with extremely unforgiving Manticore Lance Beam Turrets. In comparison with the latter, the Heavy Torpedo is dealing nearly no damage to capital ships and they are probably mostly effective against other medium-sized vessels like gunboats and cruisers. Both ship types have been witnessed to launch up to three Heavy Torpedos at max, while their range is rather limited to less than 10K.

The Cult of Technology "Titan" Missile Launcher is something we seem to have only encountered during their invasion of the Dublin system in November, 824. This highly dangerous missile launcher proved to be extremely effective against snubcraft as they seemed to have the tracking ability of known cruise disruptors paired with the lethal kinetic payload of gunboat/cruiser anti-snub missiles. VS-0074 only launched them against snubcraft coming too close to itself, so we can assume the range of these monsters is highly limited. Generally, it was a bad idea to charge VS-0074-type Command Carriers regardless of shiptype.

The Cult of Technology variant of the sirian Nightmare Ballistic Torpedo poses the greatest threat of all these. So far, only VS-0074-type Command Carriers have been witnessed using these, and hell, they use plenty of them. The first times these were brought to the battlefield, VS-0074 had eight of them mounted, almost perfectly covering the all sides of the Bustard-resembling carrier. In following encounters the amount was reduced to seven and later six launcher silos, while VS-0074 became more dangerous in short-range combat.

While any other Cult of Technology missile/torpedo technology seemed to work with extreme tracking accuracy, the VS-0074 Nightmare Torpedos seemed to be experimental, rather frequently not targeting anything or suddenly ceasing to track. This was observed to have been improved in later encounters. Capital ships, whenever VS-0074-types were deployed, were in the desperate need of snubcraft to disrupt incoming torpedos.

Firing cruise disruptors at these torpedos worked as expected as the kinetic disruption caused the warhead to become unstable, conveniently blowing up the entire torpedo.

Another mentionworthy aspect of the Nightmare Torpedo is their huge area of effect. The explosions of these monsters are not only lethal to even heavy armored capital ships but even more so to their turrets. One VS-0074 adapted to one of the Apahanta's most effective moves against the otherwise mostly long-range-effective carriers, a very close fly-by to prevent their Nightmare torpedos from aiming at the Apahanta. What proved to be a working strategy against VS-0074 resulted in a horrible surprise in Omega-3, when the VS-0074 launched a wave of Nightmares exactly when the Apahanta passed by, resulting in two of six warheads instantly colliding with the Apahanta, creating a huge explosion that damaged all turrets, broke our shields and by doing so also inflicted heavy damage to themselves.

We conclude that VS-0074's Nightmare Torpedos are not equipped with tracking systems but rely on remote control by VS-0074 itself. According to our scans, the payload of Cult of Technology-brand Nightmare Torpedos is so high that they are unlikely to offer enough space for an appropiate tracking system - which would also be rather expensive, when all they need is remote-control by the Command Carrier.

Sources:
823-11-24: New London
824-05-27: Hudson
824-11-02: Dublin
825-02-09: Omicron Sigma
825-02-11: Cortez
825-03-10: Omega-3
825-03-14: Omicron Delta
825-05-31: Hudson
825-09-18: New London

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force
Dept. of Tactical Operations

Sr. Agent 'Tracer'

Ezrael Vertiga:

Of course I hadn't forgotten about the transmission. I was involved with an operation planetside, and was unable to return your message until recently.

I, as well as the whole of the Security Force, am exceedingly appreciative of the information you've provided. Once we return to [REDACTED], our intelligence teams will fully review the data for further use. We will contact you if additional assistance is needed.

Consider yourself the proud owner of my gratitude.

Senior Agent 'Tracer'
Agent in Command
Dept. of Tactical Operations

Attached files: None

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.