Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »TO: Oracles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

[Image: H6YWpNb.png]

»COMM-ID: Keeper Revenant
»ENCRYPTION: Secure

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Hello, Aquintas. I bet you weren't expecting to hear from me, not after all this time.

But I've about heard you. Your people. I heard that your people have been having a little issue with the Maltese, is this true? Didn't your people live on Malta and operate from there?

»ENDING TRANSMISSION«
BLACK CHANNEL INJECTION. ENCRYPTION FIXED. SOURCES MASKED. FEED BEGINS.

Three Winds
Master Teacher

[Image: 500c89f6-2ee4-4200-84c6-cda941545b7c.jpg]

My people have endured much over the years. When I was a boy the Dons would have clergy and members of my family killed.

They were convinced that we were hiding nomads on the planet from them. As if they could ever be found. As if they could ever get them to leave.

Brutish thugs and bullies fearful that intellects cold, cool, and unsympathetic watched them and all they stole with envious eyes.

No matter what conglomerate of families and political fools attempt they will always fall short. Because looking powerful is more important then the simple reality they will never have it.

We will never leave our home.

That aside My dear how are you? Made sense of things? yourself?

How may I help you?

Orin is still with you I hope.

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Orin is still around, yes, they seem to be doing well, although I haven't personally heard from them.

Are you sure you wish to stand your ground? There is no shame in seeking safety for your people, though I assume they haven't gone that far with their claims to remove you throughout this time?

I would like to inquire how indepth the Oracles knowledge is when it comes to ailments - mainly mental - that are caused by the Nomads - intentionally or not. Perhaps you could help me?

»ENDING TRANSMISSION«

»BOOSTING TRANSMISSION«
[Image: IxzDoLp.png]

Honorable Keeper.

The "ailments" you are referring to are psychic disturbances which affect the mind.

The affected person is constantly in agony and while they are not fatal, without proper treatment the patient will suffer from reality misconception and chronic pain which may descend into madness. In some other cases the patient remains comatose which some consider it to be a kinder suffering.

Modern medicine will not be able to assist you. Over the centuries the Church has studied the effects and developed some potions which combined with specific ultra-sound effects was able to cure a number of affected persons.

While I cannot guarantee success, what I can tell you with certainty is that the Church's healers are the only ones who can help with this rare case.

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Brother Junius, I presume? I have heard about you and I've heard from my lessers that you attended the Omega 49 summit. I hope all has been well for you. It truly is a pleasure to meet you.

I intentionally did not go into the subject of the issue, as it's a bit more complicated than that. A broken minishare, a broken link, a rip in the mind, this occurred with one of the K'Hara Nomads that forcefully connected me and said Nomad was lost, deceased, disconnected from their main hive and died in action, leaving a giant wound in my mind. As to what caused it to be disconnected, I believe the Nomad began to degenerate, became too 'corrupted' and was destroyed.

We have... attempted to study the issue, but it is far too erratic to properly control and contain. It is a most interesting phenomenon as it can sometimes interact and 'echo' psionic energy or even try to read traces around the area, sometimes enabling short range telepathy with the right 'tool', although it has been noted that entering their home, Iota, induces chronic pain and possibly death if exposed for too long, if I carry the experimental node that tries to act as a network node. That is how I have fought and resisted degrading over time, artifacts of theirs.

I have conversed with the great hybrid, the one known as Harbinger - as the Order hilariously attempted to paint me in a bad light in their article as they intruded on the meeting - but from heeding his words, I could not find answers at the Shrine.

Does any of this make sense to you? I apologise if something seems out of the ordinary, my memory isn't quite the best, I have fought too many battles and met too many faces, you can only remember so much.

Although, I do wonder, what do you know of the Vagrants? Do you think that they are able to do something about this? I must admit, I am getting quite desperate, I need to protect my people and the temple of knowledge - from pests such as the Order - more than ever now.

»ENDING TRANSMISSION«
[Image: IxzDoLp.png]

Indeed Keeper, but the honor is all mine.

At first I thought you were referring to curing a person suffering from a telepathic attack, which is far more common ailment than what you describe.

The merging of two souls, a human and a spirit, inside a single body is one of the toughest challenges the Church has taken upon Herself to solve. The Master Teacher is the one who successfully accomplished such feat after decades of pain, chemical experimentation and endurance.

Fortunately your case is quite different. Based on your description the consciousness that resides within your mind is small, weak and broken. It does not possess thoughts or perception, it is only guided by its primal instincts, one of them being of course self-preservation. Furthermore, you seek to remove that consciousness instead of seeking to unite with it into a single body which is a far more difficult task as previously explained.

I am able to perform this operation by ending the consciousness' torment and suffering while also curing your mind in the process. Of course this is not a routine operation and I cannot beforehand promise you success. Also you will have to find me in The Shrine which due to its positive psychic properties as well as its vast distance from our galaxy and the Mindshare will ease the process and increase our chances of success.

As for the Vagrants, I cannot know if they have knowledge on your condition, and if so, the willingness to help you. While their knowledge and wisdom cannot be compared with the primary Mindshare, I have the outmost respect and admiration for their community.

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Before I go further, I will investigate first with the Vagrants. I have my ways of making an understanding with them. I do not believe that it is another 'conscious' but rather a connector without a port. Anyhow, I will inform you about what the Vagrants know concerning this, if they respond at all. I may be gone for an extended amount of time from the Sirius Sector. When I am able, I will get back in touch.

I truly do appreciate your offers, but I wish to learn a bit more before attempting anything, even if it will continue to hurt. If it appears that I am out of options, I am more than willing to provide compensation for your assistance.

»ENDING TRANSMISSION«