Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Construction of Adv. EMP Flak Turret
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dreadnought Weaponry Experiment #6

It wouldn't be the first day i was a target of missiles, and surely not the last one. Current flaks i use on my ship didn't always protect me enough. And as of now, i'm sure of them being based on long-established Emp tech with some scattering ability.

Taking the covering away first, it uncovered quite some mess within the device itself. Control device had its own reinforced housing. So i had to cut delicately through it using high power and precision lasers.

Uncovered circuit board showed electronic parts similar to a typical small scale computer. And signs of service port were there, except, it was not soldered on the board. This problem ate several days until i came across some pictures that resembled a port with pins suitable for the board over neural net.

Once the ordered spare port came, i had to solder it on the board and plug the debug interface. For a change, this weapon had somewhat new operating system which was not ancient like in the case of cerberus guns. But then, there was the problem with getting the password for console access. Maximum amount of chars was 12, which is 3.2262668e+21 possible combinations with only latin upper/lower case alphabet and numbers.

Eventually,..... after few days, my servers were able to crack the password. Giving me finally an access to the main console. There i copied the entire disk into system ram and unmounted the disk in order upload every byte over the console, which was horribly slow, and there were no other registered interfaces i could use to go through.

Again, after about an hour i got the entire mirrored copy of the operating system to work with and have not damaged it like last time with Autopulses, haha.

Thankfully, no emulation software was needed and inside the files i could change the way the projectiles behave quite easily. Which after some tweaks didn't make the wall of charged "smoke", instead, making one big ball of electrically charged plasma that exploded upon impact. Much like SNAC's, but those are antimatter.

Gun seems stable enough to be used on a battleship. Yet some electronic tweaks might increase the overall rigidness of the gun, which now requires a better cannon structure to support the supercharged bolt of plasma.

~Shadowwalker