Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shadow's mindstream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Even Maltese are fragile. Death, is what we all share, and makes us even. From birth to death, organism passes many phases of its life. Getting older, and "wiser" as they would say. What point has life if we gather information to loose it upon our death? It's just madness. Honour? Just honey strings. Everyone follows their basic instincts. Kill, or be killed. Whatever the means. Politics? Just a way to confuse and control people. Also to gather them under one flag. War, is what everyone understands. And is forever written in human history.

Deceit
Nomads, both sides lying to each other in order to establish peace. Yet Guards know the truth. The Order, folks with good intentions. Except when a corrupted mind governs them. AI, still a crazed force that needs more resources than human brains. Maybe i'm just bad at explaining my ideas to them.

Experiments
Thousands of slaves from Planet Pittsburgh have been used and dumped in Tau-37' Bermejo Cloud. Hours and hours of practice, debugging, optimizing and watching my robots. All of this in order to move me into a more versatile body with longer lifespan and better control. Something i had taken keen interest over the last few years.

Body
Artificial muscles that regrow when damaged. Neutron power generator. Network, sound, pressure and electro-magnetic array connected directly to my brain. Faraday cage to protect from interferences. Antimagnetic black coating. Sharp metallic claws which regenerate at an atomic level. Diet that consists of raw meat and water. Ability to sharpen the armor with a single thought. Thermo, night, infra, and xray cameras instead of eyes. Sensitive smell perception. Canine teeth to tear meat from living being. Spikes covering the body. Still left with human voice to remember. Everything hidden under Dreadnought class armor.

The new beginning
After waking up i lost the track of time. All the information that flowed into me was almost unbearable. Slight headache followed as i was trying to handle everything at once. One by one muscle, i was learning how to walk again. Becomming a true shadow of myself.

[Image: 10dsPWQ.png]

"Now to tell dad."

Family
Dad called me out to have a glass of wine after spending weeks who-knows-where, according to his words. It was evening and a glorious sunset was taking every piece of attention. Once i opened the doors, he was already there, sitting, drinking, with legs on table, enjoying the view. I stepped and he noticed the clicking sound of my feet against the wooden floor. I think he knew something's changed at that point as he didn't move his head to look at me. Making me even more nervous. Once i sat down, i slowly put my legs on the table and at that moment, Dad saw it. He looked at me and pushed the glass of wine towards me. Silence followed. I shook my head to silently refuse his offer. With a subtle voice he told me to drink it and watch the sunset. I opened up after drinking half the glass, and Dad was listening with the most understanding face i ever saw.

Playing like a child
Next day i and took my Rapier to test the new body abilities further. Prenta in Omicron Alpha showed that even -70°C has little to no effect, thanks to my warming coils. 150°C, Vesuvius, colling system was able to handle it. San Remo in Omicron Tau with its hot oceans proved i can handle even deep hot waters under big pressure. La Pieza, with its decreased gravity unveiled i need a small jetpack for better maneuverability in open space. Then i decided to kill something out of pure fun. Planet Carinea, with it's organic poison allowed to me to kill anything in sight. It was pure fun, wildlife had no idea i'm even there. No to mention the amount of bodies that got teared apart by plasma infused claws.

[Image: wRo0HJ6.jpg]

MNS-SHADOW ready for deployment
Ship hull re-built from the old version.
Experimental weaponry.
Controlled by AI crew.
Able to connect and control.

Allies and Friends are there for each other in times of evil.
Guardians will come to protect you when needed.
Lovers will stop at nothing to be all of that.
I am a Demon, I am a Warrior.

/// Energy Generator, Engine \\\

Far from Omicron Tau, drifting out of the Sirius, Shadow was deep within the MNS-SHADOW, drawing and constructing a new type of main power generator

Black hole itself is a point of gravity so dense and violent to bend space and time around it. Gravity field around its ringularity at the very center is high enough to now allow even light escape. These objects are violent, but even they have similarities with vortexes reproducible on planets and ships. Using a high velocity projectile (photons) and firing it at the ergosphere of a black hole will draw some photons into the black hole while others, in sort of a safe distance from event horizon get accelerated and their power amplified exponentially due the fact that black holes' spin. Using ordinary mirrors and solar panels will provide enough control and power generation. In theory.

5000 super alloy was compressed into rods and will work as a base platform and mount for all the GFS's. 3000 gravity field stabilizers with reverse polarity allowed holding of a massive object with immense gravitational pull. 1000 magnetic superconductors to control the flow of energy for GFS's. Wiring of the entire reactor required 1000 superconductors to minimize the power loss due to the natural metallic internal electron resistance. 10 heavy mortars (antimatter generators) which were dismantled and only their antimatter emitters plucked to work as an ignition for the black hole i want to create at the very center of the generator.

This process requires a powerfull ship core. Ranseur can handle only 2 heavy mortars at once, i needed to fire tens of them at the same time. Using ships metallic hull as a receiver of electromagnetic waves from a nearby Pulsar gave my ship nearly infinite amount of power to use. While being vulnerable to any asteroid that would pierce my hull like plasma shots through humans because of the Pulsar's gravity field intensity. Once i was ready, mortars were fired in a circled manner on a dense piece of Osmium that is probably the densest metal occuring on planets with the weight of 22.59g/cm3. What followed is practically impossible in regular laboratory enviroment.

Time slowed down as the immense gravity field engulfed my Ranseur. Gravity was intense enough to notice higher speed of planets around me and a slight blue-shift noticed by my optics and increased weight. It was amazing, yet dangerous. Once my amazement wore down, i gave GFS's enough power to supress the gravity field, it was not apparently enough before. There was no way back now. Everything was in place and a powerfull beam of photons was fired upon the ergosphere of the now living and synthetic black-hole inside MNS-SHADOW. Within milliseconds, power output of the generator raised exponentially and gave enough power to supply several dreanoughts with ease.

With an impulse speed and shields online, MNS-SHADOW drifted away from pulsars' gravity well into peacefull area of space where was nothing. Now that the generator was online, stable and operating at restricted capacity, i ordered those few robots aboard to dismantle the engine. Once that was done, i installed superconducting electron emitters with power coords directly from the powercore. Due to the kinetic power requirements to move such ship around, i had to increase power generator's output to supply the new engine with majority of ship's power, resulting in a similiar power output of Sirian engines, yet without any need for fuel.

This black hole has a size of a coin and spins millions' times a second. It's volatile enough to be called the biggest bomb ever created due to the fact that not letting any light escape will gradually increase photons' power and cause mirrors to shatter, releasing the black hole that is able to destroy an entire planet. From time to time, black hole will need to get resupplied with whatever matter just to increase its mass, lost over photons stealing its kinetic energy.

"All of Sirius are too young to be given this technology.
We shall observe, until children prove themselves."

/// The Shrine \\\

Some time ago, i was given the possibility to explore an uncharted system together with a member of the THP group which supplied my Ranseur. Circumstances were quite suspicious, but in the end i took the opportunity and the result was worth it. { X }

[Image: 1qba65u.png]
He didn't tell me much about it, but when we appeared in the desired system i quickly recognized it is similiar to Omicron Psi, except few differences.

[Image: 89zYvlI.png]
System itself was calm and beautifull. There was nobody to be seen anywhere near us and we could freely pass without the fear of any attack. With a sight of a Nomad-lane we procceeded towards it. Unfortunately it was disabled. So we followed their track to a pleasant suprise.

[Image: mdJIQPT.png]
A sight of an Alien structure similiar to the one in Psi was quite far on the left side of the lane.

[Image: AT6IVAs.png]
There was no mistake, it was the structure. Rumors say it's called "The Shrine" and this time, this was the real deal. Unlike the deception in Psi.

[Image: S7MhnXB.png]
Energetic particles were emmited from the base, as if it had its own engine. I believe their purpose is to make station stay in its place. Unlike the usual hives and structures made by Nomads or Infectees, this one was not showing any intent of aggression and sort of welcomed us, wanderers from far. This was not the end, i tried to dock, and it worked!

Upon docking, i was greeted by pretty much nobody, so i took my time and wandered around the station. Until i found a ship selling room, and to my suprise, i could get a Nomad ship from Maltese woman called Alexa Hernandez! { X } I spoke with her for a while, about how she got there and so on, after some more talking she told me where to find Bar, so i headed that way.

[Image: cYskOH0.png]
So many different groups in one place. Maltese, Corsairs, Bounty Hunters, The Order, Liberty Rogues.... They all found their path to The Shrine, and shared their stories with me.
{ 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 }

I took my time and spoke with everyone. But, THP guy was growing more and more nervous and called me to leave the place already. I had to leave, otherwise i'd stay there forever, which was not such a bad idea, buuuuuuuuuut i love my Family and Ranseur. Of course i did not leave without taking some Nomad weaponry with me { X }

[Image: n5a8bnm.png]
After undocking and taking my last peek on The Shrine, i convinced him to check the Planet afar. I thought we could try the Nomad Jumpgate we saw, but it was destroyed, unfortunately { X }. This several hours long exploration turned out to be very useful in gaining knowledge and technology, which would not be possible without him { X }

[Image: FOAInac.png]
I will be taking my Ranseur next time.

P.S. There was a guy at Bar that was a former Liberty Rogue pilot and was called "Incognito", i believe this is Sean Ashcroft, lost Rogue pilot, about which a captain of Donation'Collector told Me and Hunter Wolff about back in Bering

/// Nomad Graveyard \\\

Once there was a rather high amount of pilots even for O'Delta itself. I followed some of them and ended up around a newly found jump hole into an Uncharted system which was lead by Dr.Lexa Moreno.

[Image: cM2f4Ii.png]

System itself was recognized as LXP48N and contained several planets and one giant nebulae at it's middle. And a Nomad trade lane.

[Image: oPIp47x.png]

An expedition lead by Dr. Lexa Moreno was aimed at collecting information about Anomalies around Planet HZN 79F. Ignoring their rather uninteresting information gathering on memory banks recognized as scientific data, i took the opportunity and checked the nebulae.

[Image: qBokYDJ.png]

Cruising towards the entrance revealed that the nebulae was filled with mines. { 1 }

[Image: 3DsHj4a.png]

Reaching the end of the free pathway, i picked up Unknown objects (Which were obviously dead Nomads and their structures) on my scanner and had to navigate safely between all of the Nomad mines. Radar actually recognized several objects and saved them on my NavMap. Sight of what awaited me was awesome.
{ 1 , 2 , 3 }
{ Recorded guncam }

[Image: THK1vfg.png]

After i was done enjoying the view i headed back to where other foreign forces along with Lexa Moreno were, with hostile Bretonian Churchill class Gunboat, Rheinland Wraith class VHF and Oder Gunboat which were shot down by others. Maybe those ships with their crew were trapped inside those anomalies and "changed".
{ 1 , 2 }

[Image: LM3JWv4.png]

System itself is located roughly here

"Panzer" E-75

Some time has passed since Maltese got themselves an understanding with Rheinland, so i decided to dig up what i could about their history, and came across some historic designs of a "Panzer". Which was back then an armored vehicle with one main gun and several machine guns.

There's no denying it, i fell in love with it. Its appearance is intimidating and powerfull. But given there were no blueprints of any sorts, only few pictures, i took the time and drew up the entire plan.

[Image: 5OSnikz.png]

Back then they used steel and comparatively bad metals as means of protection. Instead i decided for more "modern" materials.

Ablative Armor Plating
Bio-neural Arrays
Bio-neural Processors
Super Alloy
Superconductors
Alumunium

* 150MM MAIN PULSE GUN:
Mechanism is located within the Turret space. Able to fire two types of ammunition, ArmorPiercing against solid targets and battleship class EMP Pulse (Dad's going to notice 10 missing emp pulses). Even in the case of a destroyed gun, electronics will make up for the precision offset and adjust respectively.
AP (Armor Piercing) - 500mm of steel piercing capability.
APCR (Armor Piercing Composite Rigid) - in development.
HEAT (High Explosive Anti Tank) - in development.
Machine gun and blasters within the turret or external hatches may open, as means of personal defense. Range, 1km.
Able to destroy an equivalent "Panzer" at a range of 10km.

* TURRET:
250mm front
150mm side
150mm rear
Super Alloy from inside and Ablative Armor Plating as an outer 10mm cover.

* 50W HF ANTENNA:
Military class High-Frequency 50 Watt RF power communication antenna. The length itself does not matter, as the frequency is adjusted in case it's been shortened.

* 1500HP ENGINE:
1500 Horse Power electro motor, wired using Superconductors.
Reverse/Forward: 200km/h (100km/h within 3 seconds if the terrain is optimal)

* HE SHIELD:
5mm thick Aluminium shielding against High Explosive rounds.

* BODY:
200mm front
150mm side
150mm rear
Super Alloy from inside and Ablative Armor Plating as an outer 10mm cover.

* TRACKS / WHEELS:
Entirely made out of Super Alloy to last at least 100'000 KM over rocky terrain.

EQUIPMENT:
Electron/Neutrino Tokamak reactor.
Night/Thermo Vision.
Gun auto leveling.
Target movement prediction.
Temperature ranges -70C / +150C (when online).
Anti magnetic coating.
100x optical zoom scope.
Can maintain a perimeter by itself. AI shares data with other "Panzers" and decide if they shall attack or defend.
Pivot. Able to turn on place.
Internal oxygen generator, in case of hazardous enviroment.

Weight: 75 metric tonnes.
Current amount: 10 prototypes.

[Image: D3wwjwW.png]

~Nothing can stop us, we'll make it to the end. Oh how we envy all those we haven't met. Look up when we rise, you'll see our silhouettes~