Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Doc Holliday. FROM: The Office of the Premier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: gxBUI96.png]

===INCOMING MESSAGE===

Security Encryption: High
Message transmitted to the Zoner Doc Holliday.

Privyet.

Hopefully things haven't been too uncomfortable for you and the rest of the Zoners inhabiting Gran Canaria as of now. I hear you have been planning a summit to attempt to address the mass diplomatic interest that has quickly surrounded your humble abode. In my opinion it's a very honorable, noble and truthful gesture that, under normal circumstances is sure to reach an adequate solution that protects your sacred neutrality and ensures everyone else gets their honest piece of cake in business.

Except, of course, this isn't an ordinary situation. I don't think I need to reiterate the increasing desperation and chaos that has been sweeping the local region as of late. You're putting a lot of desperate, eager, and ambitious people into a room together and hoping that diplomacy prevails. Perhaps it is because I am in a position that has a sizable stake in this, or perhaps it is just that I am not you.

Either way, where you have faith, I do not. SCEC may be preparing a security detail to send to you. Doctor Belov might choose to attend on behalf of the Coalition. But I will not, given just how much tension is being placed into a single room. I am not opposed to discussing this over the wire, though. I believe a prompt receipt of this message will be in your best interests, Holliday.

One last thing: here is something that might interest you to look at.
Corsair capital craft using Gran Canaria's orbital array as a screen

For the Motherland, for the Revolution.
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
Location: Tombstone Estate, Planet Gran Canaria, Omega 49 System
To: Mehmed Selim
Encryption: High

Good Morning, Premier,

At least now I know who is premier nowadays. I am not always in the loop as to who is in charge. Thank you for that.
I realize your concern about the summit that I have initiated in my own home. Honestly, I saw no other way. Trust me when I say that I know about the tension between the many delegates that will be within the walls of my home. To do nothing, to ignore the battleship that Bretonia has placed not far away, to ignore what I heard within the walls of that ship about annexation of our home world, would be a sign of acceptance and that is something none of us would want nor can we afford or even allow. I understand and can appreciate the security detail that you plan to send but I am confident that those attending have a high enough level of respect that it will not be needed. As with the Bretonian ship in space, a detail in my home would only attract unwanted attention and raise tensions.

Looks at the provided pictures and rubs his chin
Interesting but not surprising. The best I can do with them, for now anyway, is to let my Med Force One commander know about it. He is the only eyes and ears that I have in space at the moment.

One thing that I am grateful towards the Coalition for right now is the shield array that protects my home in the event of orbital bombardment. It was provided to me by the late Premier Katz. Last I checked, it works just fine but I would rather not have to test it. In the future though, if things should get tense, I may ask for safe harbor within Omega 52 for Med Force One. I have done this once before, hiding deep in the ice fields of the sector undetected. It will at least give my personnel safety while they work.

With respect,
-Doc
[Image: gxBUI96.png]

===INCOMING MESSAGE===

Security Encryption: High
Message transmitted to the Zoner Doc Holliday.

Privyet.

If it does come to a point where you need to hide somewhere relatively close, yet obscured from prying eyes, da. The Siberian Icefields are perhaps no more perfect candidate for the role. To the best of my knowledge your documentation with the Peoples' border control agents are still valid for all your known craft, but if you have added any others to your group which have not been registered, ensure that you do so.

If the SCEC's plan does not fit with the environment of the debate you intend to hold, I would recommend you contact them directly as this situation has a good portion of the Coalition's forces tied up, myself included. I am indeed the Premier, and it is a position that no one with House roots would envy. It is not a cushy job that always takes place in a secured office deep within the bowels of a home world. There are always knives and guns pointed at the People's Republic and it is by virtue of moderation, charisma and frontal leadership that the People have a secured state to protect their will. There. There's my obligatory political rant for this.

*Selim seems to break down into laughter for a few moments.* Hah. At this rate I'll be the sole head of state of all Sirius in no time.

But, da. I think you get an idea of the extreme levels of care the Coalition has to place on this situation. I am not wholly opposed to the delicate balance. But as I have hinted, I doubt it will hold, and when it has broken, we will have to consider the aftermath.

For the Motherland, for the Revolution.