Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hallam Rogue AI - Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallam Rogue AI (HRAI)
[Image: d0eL9i7.png]

Post your feedback as to any concerns in this thread, please
Hey, good luck with the faction.

My question is why not use Junker IFF, since AI IFF is probably hard to get, will have unwanted rep drawbacks, why not just go for Junker ID/IFF and still RP as artificial intelligence? Many people do that on their repair ships, miners etc.
I'm not sure that Pennsylvania (the starting system) is a good place to have a kill all faction. I'd also say that there's nothing wrong with having a junker iff as well as the ID and rping as AI, as you originated in Pennsylvania not planet gammu
Like people say below. I like the idea of the faction, yet not only Gammu AI does not fit the human-born AI but Pennsylvania is pretty much one of the systems in which you cannot attack everyone, as you can do that only in systems without jumpgates.

Why not Junker ID? Pennsylvania is one of these systems in which Junkers can pirate on the other hand. However, I'd not push that too far, otherwise there would be change to system listing in server rules in order to avoid such situations.
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

We a re still thinking on the concept before actually deploying in the game. While AI IFF was conceived solely for RP reasons, Junker IFF might be a more plausible solution, tnx.

As for Pennsylvania - Junker ID restricts killing anyone and anything, so it won't be the case. The choice was more sporadic and since Junker ID is not restricted to a few systems, it is possible that we will inRP move out of the system as the story develops, maybe exodus to some distant system. Also, despite kill-all diplomacy, we are still directed at RP and will not attack innocuous newcomers.
Was is it necessary to basically import Elon Musk to Disco? Taking inspiration from his biography would be okay, but doing it with so blatant references is not funny nor interesting and actually makes it harder to take the faction seriously. With little effort the backstory could be done without it.
You still cannot kill anyone in Pennsylvania or in any other system containing a jumpgate, though. Junker ID still seems to be a more valid option. Why? Because such AI would see no interest into piece of flesh, yet would be fully aware that the meatbags without ship tend to die. Therefore you could ask for amount of cargo in order to obtain resources as a Junker ID in Pennsylvania (remember, it is Liberty Space, but not House Space per system listing).

To think about it, I still remember the thumb rule that people playing human-born AI shouldn't use Gammu AI ID. Yet don't quote me on that.
(12-05-2018, 10:55 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Was is it necessary to basically import Elon Musk to Disco? Taking inspiration from his biography would be okay, but doing it with so blatant references is not funny nor interesting and actually makes it harder to take the faction seriously. With little effort the backstory could be done without it.

Actually, those references were intentional for fun because people already take some of RP too seriously. The factions does not intend to deliver apotheosis of seriousness in RP and is meant to have fun for those who play it and those who encounter it. Nobody even asked to take it seriously. Besides, the reference will not impact the gameplay whatsoever unless one attributes a big significance to the parody-lore.

Minh Wrote:You still cannot kill anyone in Pennsylvania or in any other system containing a jumpgate, though. Junker ID still seems to be a more valid option. Why? Because such AI would see no interest into piece of flesh, yet would be fully aware that the meatbags without ship tend to die. Therefore you could ask for amount of cargo in order to obtain resources as a Junker ID in Pennsylvania (remember, it is Liberty Space, but not House Space per system listing).

To think about it, I still remember the thumb rule that people playing human-born AI shouldn't use Gammu AI ID. Yet don't quote me on that.

Yup, indeed. The idea initially was to have Junker ID, not Gammu ID. We were just thinking of AI IFF for RP, but it seems Junker ID/IFF would eventually be better.
Not a fan. Seeing so much import-like material as well as a bunch of involvement of factions in backstory that happened just in your imagination.
(12-05-2018, 01:11 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan. Seeing so much import-like material as well as a bunch of involvement of factions in backstory that happened just in your imagination.

Mentioning a guy for fun that has no impact on the further lore whatsoever is now considered import? Well, then I clearly don't understand what is "import" given how many player characters with basically names of characters from other franchises are.

As for the other factions - as far as I understand, of of them involved are vanilla factions that are not supposed to be fully controlled in every action by their respective player factions. Especially given that the events described have no impact on their lore development whatsoever.

Regarding imagination - what else is RP if not pure imagination? Look at the holes in both vanilla and discovery lores regarding tons of stuff: history of factions, technologies and science, political structures - a lot of what people do is pure imagination, not even referring to some player-created factions that are absent in vanilla. IMHO, it is great.