Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Christian Sauvageot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Date: 12/06/741 A.G.S
Sender: Franz Rousse
Topic: Force Blum
Transmission Type: Textual

[Image: VfNpMLW.png]
Bonjour Sauvageot,

As the Topic of this Transmission would suggest, I contact you to fulfill my duties assigned by Admiral de Chanteloup. There's a few things that la Madmoiselle wanted to know about, and with this I'll give the requested information. Without further ado, let me jump to what I know.

The Unioner's progression within the Zurich system is quite certainly a fast one. It did not take long for them to discover the Jump-Hole, as well as a base. I'm currently residing on it, scanning the Zurich system to let as little peasants as possible through to Gallia. The base is situated within the nebula in the eastern parts of the system. Furthermore, they are working on what seems like relations with the Maquisards, but I cannot say anything about that quite yet. I'll radar the situation for longer, and forward any information that may be of importance for the MRG when I get it.
Next up, the Bering conflict. At first it was quite a sight, two Nuclear Warheads were fired. One against the Pacifica Shipyard, a Unioner Installation, and the other one against the Marshall Station, the Separatists installation. As of recently, the conflict has slowed down and both sides seem to be less and less interested in fighting. I have to yet receive intel on what is the reason for this sudden stop, though.
The mood towards Gallia is hard to describe. I was welcomed, for now, but since they seem to be siding with the Maquis, we could run into some issues. I suggest that we wait a little longer before I tell you wether or not they like us and our policy. If they don't, I'll make sure to teach them the Kingdom's way of foreign policy.

On a sidenote:
I've been tasked with solving the relations between the Unioners and the Corsairs. I'm not much of a politican myself, so I'll need some assistance regarding that. If we can come up with a plan together and suceed with this, I am sure of the fact that I will gain their trust even further.

I'll notice you if anything of the mentioned above changes, and I am eager to hear your response.

Franz Rousse

Transmission terminated...

Date: 12/08/741 A.G.S
Sender: Sous-Lieutenant Christian Sauvageot
Topic: RE: Force Blum

[Image: MBwZvAa.gif]
Bonjour Rousse,

I shall be more than happy to assist you in any way, shape or form regarding the aforementioned topics. However, in regards to the Unioner-Corsair conflict, it would be wise for us to learn as much as possible from both parties in regards to the original rift that must have occurred. However, as mentioned I am willing to help in any way should you need it.

Of particular note however, is the new connection with Rheinland. I believe we must be careful in how we proceed with the Rheinland government and military. Our introduction to the Sirian houses has been far from peaceful, as such they may be wary of us to begin with. A simple reassurance and establishment of trade is the best course of action I feel. Yet this is not up to me sire, it is simply my opinion.

Sous-Lieutenant Christian Sauvageot

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Date: 12/09/741 A.G.S

Bonjour Sauvageot,

It is true that the connection to Rheinland is of high value for all parties. I'm currently within the the system to observe and check what goes through our scanners every now and then, and so far it has been rather quite, luckily. If I find something that might be of value for the Kingdom then I'll immediatly notify you so that we can discuss a proper course of action.

Regarding the Corsair conflict, here is what I was given:
Corin Frei Wrote:"The Corsairs have proven extremely difficult since the Hessians stormed Krefeld."

"You are to find a means to bridge the gap without assigning blame for the Krefeld incident. The full files will become open to you. Simply enough, I authorised the Unioner guard forces to allow the Hessians to board - their intentions were known to us, but it was either that, or lose the station. In the process, we would have sacrificed the Zurich connection and gifted Cologne to the Hessians. You have stated to me that sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good. This is the one occasion where my methodology concurs with you."

"As this was done under a time of peace, the Hessians had every right to be aboard Krefeld, as did the Corsairs they hunted. The Corsairs have found no evidence that backs up the hypothesis that the Unioners are responsible, but the Cretians do not believe in innocent until guilty."

On a different note: What does the Marine Royale Gauloise know about the Battlegroup Harmony, which we're fighting in Bering as of now? I need to get a better understanding of their relation with the Kingdom to properly decide what to do, what to order, and what to avoid. Avoiding any harm to friends of our cause is impossible, but I can very well try to limit it if you wish for me to do so. Should they be enemies of our cause, then I'll continue evaporating them one after another.

Franz Rousse

Date: 12/09/741 A.G.S

Bonjour Rousse,

If I am to be blunt sir, and highly critical, this seems to be the fault of the Unioners. It seems that they made a grave error of judgement and are now expecting us to fix it. I don't know what they were expecting, but if an entire population of our own men were slaughtered on one of our allies stations and it came about that our allies were responsible in some way, then I dare say our reaction would not be unlike the Corsair reaction. No sir, I believe that the Unioners have made their bed and now must lie in it unless we have no choice in attempting to repair the relationship. If Admiral de Chanteloup has given us these orders, then I suggest (among other things) a strongly worded letter reminding the Unioners of the stupidity of their decisions is in order.

In regards to Harmony sir, I believe you ought to read this report here. I found it most enlightening as far as Harmony is concerned sir, perhaps you will as well.

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Date: 01/10/842 A.G.S

Bonjour Monsieur,

First of all I would like to apologize for my poor manners and taking quite some time to respond to this.
In fact it has been so long, I hope you have not forgotten about me or Force Blum, and that we can continue communicating and talking about the most pressing matters here.

I have reviewed your answer and the information that you have provided me with is extremely valuable not only for me, but for the whole Union as well. With this at hand, certain options are becoming available that were locked behind doors beforehand.
Secondly, I do agree with what you stated about the relationship between both the Unioners and the Corsairs. At this point, the relation might be unfixable, without the help of third parties at the very least. But giving up on that matter at this point is not an option for me, however, considering both your and my thoughts, I believe this point will soon be reached.

And most importantly for today, the Gaians have informed me about one of their projects, given their impression of me as a high-ranked member of the Union. From what I understand, they have taken over a Battlecruiser of the Hellfire Legion that is currently idling somewhere deep in the Legion's territory, waiting to be repaired. The assigned codename for this is "Warspite", and I believe the vessel will surely be used against our march towards the Bretonian Capital.

I would love to hear your opinion about these, and with the focus set on the Warspite I would like to keep this up more regularly from now on.

Franz Rousse

Date: 14/01/742 A.G.S

Bonjour Rousse,

It is good to hear from you again, rest assured I have not forgotten, however the delay was helpful, a number of other things came up and I managed to get them out of the way before you replied. I may now dedicate most of my time to the matters we discuss here.

You know my thoughts regarding the Unioner-Corsair relationship, however if there is some way in which I may be able to help, you need only let me know and I shall pass the message along to the appropriate people.

Regarding the Gaians, I must first express my surprise, I was not aware that the Gaians were on speaking terms with the Union, if they are then it is certainly an unexpected benefit to us. In order to give an educated opinion on the matter however, I must first inquire as to the state of the vessel, it's location and of course your guess as to how much of a threat it is. If it cannot move under it's own power, then we have little to fear. However if it is very nearly fully operational, and the Gaians have plans to move it back into Bretonia, then we must be ready. I do not expect you to know all the details off the top of your head, but I must stress the importance of a tactical and strategic assessment and you are in the best position to get it.

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Date: 01/14/742 A.G.S

Bonjour Sauvageot,

As it has been one month since I've last heard about the warspite, I cannot guarantee if the following information is still up to date, but I'll display what was given to me regardless.
Justin Blak Wrote:The warship has been adrift in the proximity of Atacama base ever since. With no means to repair it, it has only served as a memorial of our achievement and a reminder for the Legion to keep away. Those times are past us and we believe the time has come to return the Warspite to its former glory. The Cohort has developed and expanded its influence during the past several years and combining with the distraction that current affairs in Liberty and bordering worlds present to the forces of Commonwealth, we believe it is time to seize the moment and strengthen our grasp of the Vespucci even further. Initial repairs on the warship have already begun, but due to the complexity of its damage, we are not able to fully repair it in Vespucci. Which brings me to my request...

As you can see, the Warspite back then ( at the 12/09/741) was not a threat to our push towards the Bretonian Capital.
However, seeing as they have already contacted the Unioners, I believe it is best to assume that they have been pushing the repairs of the ship, making it operational soon. The Hellfire Legion Battelcruiser-Class is a heavier vessel from my view, being larger than our own one. However, I would personally assume that a single one of these ships will not hurt our fleets too much, considering it does have no real support within Bretonia, unless matters changed.

Franz Rousse

Date: 25/01/742 A.G.S

Bonjour Rousse,

Every asset of the enemy must be accounted for even if it is, by itself, a minor threat. Far better that we know where it is and how strong it is before we encounter it on the battlefield. In any event, I will leave the observations of the Warspite in your capable hands.

Was there anything else? With every report you send, my own report to the Admiral grows larger. I believe you have earned a considerable reward for your efforts, so long as you continue to give us information that we can use and I, as you know, am always happy to provide whatever assistance you require, although the issue between your organisation and the Corsairs is, by it's very nature, something I do not have the rank to get involved in personally, but I will be sure to inform the Admiral of the situation is based upon your reports.

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Date: 01/25/742 A.G.S

Bonjour Sauvageot,

Non, I believe for now there is nothing of high value that I can inform you about, at least something of enough value to benefit le roi or la Marine Royale Gauloise as a whole. However, there are some things I would like you to inquire for me alongside the report you will be filing in.

Number one would be whether or not the MRG is able to provide me with two (2) "Coup de Grace" Cruiser Blaster-Turrets. I am currently looking into having one of the older warships of l'Union reoutfitted with weaponry that has to yet be tested. I believe that, and only if, these tests are successful, the weaponry and data acquired from such a vessel could benefit the MRG as well as any other organization within our Kingdom that is able to supply and sustain a vessel of Cruiser-size or above.

Second, I would like to request a Visa for me, one that allows me to bring up to three (3) Unionisten into Gallia, going as deep as Orleanais, to teach them proper culture, and ultimately showing them that picking the wrong side in the ongoing conflict with Le Counseil will be devastating. They are our neighbors after all now, we should treat them as such, and this way we can gather data faster than by making them come themselves.

Lastly, and regarding the relations with the Corsairs. If possible I would prefer using the Transmission Channels that the MRG has over those that the Union has with the Corsairs. I believe that this may have a positive effect on the way that the Corsairs take the message, increasing the chances of success.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Franz Rousse

Date: 6/02/742 A.G.S

Bonjour Rousse,

Your request for (2) "Coup de Grace" Cruiser Blaster-Turrets will be forwarded to MRG high command, I will inform you of their decision when I hear back from them. Your visas however have been approved as has your request to use MRG communications. If you like, I would be happy to send any messages from the Unioners to the Corsairs myself so as to ensure that MRG are kept in the loop. If that's not what you had in mind then I'm open to suggestions.