Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Doctor John Holliday | From: Leviathan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: UMPXT6B.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID:Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: MEDIUM
FREQUENCY: ELYSIUM
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Troubles

____

Hello old friend.

Despite the circumstances, I hope you're well. Word has reached me of the troubles your little patch of paradise is going through. My counterpart informs me we intend to evacuate our safe house personnel and any other assets we have present in the area. I requested the ability to make this call, as I'm otherwise indisposed due to some troubles of my own.

Nevertheless, this isn't entirely a social call.

John. You and I both know what you're dealing with. Right behind the Bretonians is the Royal Navy. People would say these are desperate times, but war itself is a desperate thing. If we abandon our words, wisdom and civility for bloodshed, we've chosen to continue the cycle of self-destruction our species has been repeating since man first figured out he could crush something's head with a big enough rock. The Bretonians believe they're faced with no other alternative than to push into the Omegas. A perceived problem is worse than an actual problem.

Rambling aside, I'm offering you asylum. You, a moderate number of civilians, wounded and scientific or medical personnel. Safety and shelter, already established. You've had a tour, if you recall. The city on the distant icy world, tucked away from the prying eyes of the Sector and the guns of its conflicts. I know it isn't much, but in the situation I'm in we're lucky this call was even permitted to be made.

I look forward to hearing from you. My time is up, it seems.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Leviathon

Greetings, Old Friend,

It is good to hear from you. This message finds you as I travel through the Omegas to who knows where. I do not know if you heard but there was a nuclear assault on my home which completely destroyed it. For now, it is just as well that I keep a low profile until the threat has diminished. I would not want to be amongst your people only to be found there although I highly doubt anyone would look there.
I will, however, keep your offer in my back pocket.
Bretonia will be taking Gran Canaria in short order. There war was not my concern until recently because as you said, the Gallics will be right behind them. I am not one to take sides but I hope the Gallics repell the Bretonian invaders.

Leviathon, you will hear from me in the future and quite possibly, a Med Force ship or two will arrive. They will assist you in any way possible. Commander Schmidt liked her time there and did say that she wanted to return. If she does, take good care of her for me.

With thanks,
-Doc
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

FREQUENCY: ELYSIUM
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Troubles

____

John.

I'm sorry to hear about your home. Truly, it's unfortunate.

But running off into exile is not going to do anyone any favors. Not you, not the people you want peace for or anyone. If people are after you, then running away is playing yourself into their hands. They want to chase you. Anyone who tried looking for you here would be stonewalled by some very angry pilots with very scary guns. We have a strict policy against uninvited guests, and you are already welcome.

Should you be followed, it would be dealt with. Bottom line. There is no greater enemy than the mortal enemy of a friend.

As for those who you'd send our way, I'll see to it that they'll be welcome and attended to as need be. Residency can be provided, even if it's only temporary housing. People will not be condemned to stay in tents. Not in this inhospitable environment. The location is well hidden, well guarded and nobody except for us and those we've shown know about it. There is no place safer for you.

So I implore you to reconsider your actions. Come here, take refuge with us.

Let me help you.

- Hunt

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Joshua Hunt
Frequency: Elysium

I like using the return frequency here as it is about as secure as it gets. Trust me when I say that I will not lay low for long. I use the time to soul search, to figure out what to do next and consult with people such as yourself, people that I call friends,....people that I have a lot of respect for. I am currently meeting with some of those friends as we speak but I will make time to take some refuge with you and discuss options as well. And yes, you do offer a very safe haven. I will speak with you soon and in person.

-Doc
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

FREQUENCY: EIDO
DELAY: 231.7/s
TOPIC: Consultation

____

Very well.

I'm away from our territory for the next two nights. If you arrive before I return, I'll ensure an apartment will be set aside for you. If only temporary, I insist that you stay.

- Hunt

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED