Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Project DORIC: Expansion of Canberra Star City
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Johnathan-Jones.png]

Jones here. Aquila has drafted plans to expand Canberra Star City, with the primary purpose of adding a small-scale shipyard.

But to do that, we need materials. We'll be doing this in multiple stages. First, we need materials for the hull, as follows.

24,000 Basic Alloy, 2788 credits per crate.
12,000 Super Alloy, 1400 credits per crate.
12,000 High-Performance Alloy, 1500 credits per crate. Remember, High-Performance, not High-Temperature.
12,000 Superconductors, 2400 per crate. These are needed in order to expand the reactive armor to the new wing of the station.

When all of these arrive, we'll get to work fabricating the hull, and the next order will be announced.

Reporting on this channel is appreciated, but all the payment should be handled by the dockmaster upon arrival so it's not strictly necessary.

That's all. Jones out.

Message ends.
[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: C6NeW.png]

Identification: Anthony Reys

To: Project DORIC

Subject: Superconductors Delivery
Encryption: Heavy as reactors water

Greetings, Reys here. I'm with my youngs took 3 Serenity's cargoholds of Superconductors from Rochester. Seems stock limit was reached after delivery of.. 10232 units, right. Guess somebody deliver one load before me.

[ Transmission Ended ]

[Image: ZTqmcmr.png]
Incoming Transmission from Canberra Star City
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
12. December 825 A.S.
To: Johnathan Jones
Priority: Normal
Topic: Project DORIC

Message Contents:

Monty here!

Myself and the crew of the Dreaded Skies always happy to help out our friends at Aquila. Particularly if you're paying out good credits for the trouble. To that end, we've picked up the High Performance Alloy portion of the contract. You'll find a copy of our cargo manifest for all 12,000 cargo units attached to this message. After this, I think I might be able to afford our lease payment to Guildmaster Riley and have enough left over to eat some time this month. If nobody else picks it up, we'll gladly help you out with something else, too.

Captain Lawrence "Monty" Montague, NO-Dreaded.Skies
Octavarium Mercantile Guild

Transmission End
[Image: ZTqmcmr.png]
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
25. December 825 A.S.
To: Johnathan Jones
Topic: Project DORIC

Message Contents:

Monty here!

First, let me wish you a Merry Christmas! To celebrate the holiday, I've brought you a gift. I've completed the Basic Alloy and Super Alloy portions of the contract. The warehouse manager gifted me some cash in return, so I'd say today's been a fine holiday. You should be able to confirm delivery with the people down at the warehouse. If you need myself and my crew for anything else, you can find us down on the Residential or Market Layer, touring the various bars, taverns, saloons, cervezarias, and other assorted drinking establishments.

Transmission End

[Image: a9OjFaC.png]
Jones here. Status confirmed.

It'll take our people a few days to get everything fabricated, so take some time off with your family. Or your crew, if you'd rather avoid the family.

Your assistance is appreciated. I'll update this channel with the next stage when everything's ready.

Message ends.

Jones here. Now that the new government's figured out which way their pants go on, we're able to proceed with the next stage of the plan.

Here's the shopping list.

2,000 crew. I'm told arrangements are being made for this already.
20,000 Basic Alloy, $5049 per crate.
20,000 Industrial Materials. $3200 per crate.
15,000 Robotic Hardware. $5,250 per crate.
10,000 Optronics. $5098 per crate.
10,000 Optical Chips. $4228 per crate.

That'll do. Jones out.

Message ends.
Re-encrypting...

Those of you still on the line are certified Octavarium Mercantile Guild haulers, Aquila transport captains, and trusted third-parties. Gotta keep Crayter out of some of the shiftier business, keeps things easier on both of us.

Ageira's developed a very nice software and hardware package for managing shipyard operations. Unfortunately, we are not Ageira's favorite people. Instead, I need you to source them from Ageira's least-favorite people.

10,000 "Counterfeit" Software. $5500 per package.

That's it. Jones out.

Message ends.
[Image: pyBjInU.png]
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
19. June 826 A.S.
To: Johnathan Jones, Aquila
Topic: Crew delivery

Message Contents:

Good day Director Jones,

The Leviathan was dispatched to Freeport 6 to pick up 2,000 workers to help build and operate the shipyard. They are presently in the process of disembarking from the Leviathan and working their way through customs. I'm told that the Ministry of Services will be assigning them living quarters. Once they're all settled in, they should be able to begin work at your convenience.

Commander Michael Jankowski, Liner Leviathan
Fourth Octavarium Fleet

Transmission End
[Image: GgGXq4L.jpg]

Sender: Captain Montague, OMG

Ship: OMS "Dreaded Skies"

Recipient: Johnathan Jones, ADS

Subject: Project DORIC

Monty here,

Nice to see you're paying out good credits again. For our part of this project, we headed down to Leiden Base to facilitate a large file transfer from our Hacker friends. You'll find our delivery down in shipping & receiving. I made sure to have the cargo routed your way.

Oh, could you do me a favor and let Consul Riley know that the check for this month's lease payment is in mail?

ATTACHMENTS:
OMG/DS.MANIFEST/8260620-120608.LEI>CANSC
OMG/DS.MANIFEST/8260620-120621.LEI>CANSC

Ship: OMS "Dreaded Skies"

Monty here,

I've completed the last of the software deliveries. If you need me for anything else, my crew and I will be down on the Market and Residential Layers, taking a tour of every bar, tavern, taphouse, saloon, winery, gin joint, and cerveceria we can find.

On second thought, you might want to wait until tomorrow afternoon before giving us additional work.

ATTACHMENTS:
OMG/DS.MANIFEST/8260626-131149.LEI>CANSC
OMG/DS.MANIFEST/8260626-131205.LEI>CANSC
OMG/DS.MANIFEST/8260627-101000.LEI>CANSC
OMG/DS.MANIFEST/8260627-101011.LEI>CANSC

Ship: OTS "Wanderer"

Monty here,

If you check with the boys down on the loading docks, you'll find that we've dropped off 10,000 crates of optical chips and started in a bit into the Optronics. Between the new ship the boss bought and the contract you're paying out for, my bank balance is actually starting to get out of the red for a change. Keep the work coming!

Captain Lawrence "Monty" Montague, NO-Wanderer
Pages: 1 2