Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do you enjoy Gallia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
In the thread about why people leave Disco this question came up. So, do you?

I don't think that Gallia is to blame for the lack of players (the notion is quite absurd). I made the poll strictly out of curiosity and not to be passive aggressive against Thyrzul or anyone for that matter. Jut throwing this last part out there just in case, you know how things can be.
Gallia at one point became stagnant and personally I never found it an interesting concept to begin with. It always seemed odd to me that a mod which initially was meant to be an expansion of the vanilla lore didn't take an approach involving the edge worlds, Nomads, Order and what not.

But Gallia also has its benefits. Without it, a lot of what we have today wouldn't exist.
No, I don't
I like Gallia, I just wish they would've introduced them as a faction the size of Corsairs or Outcasts instead of what they are now. A single Gallic faction with 3 - 4 systems max + the Zurich system that connects to Rheinland. Would've loved to see that and would've liked to use it as a passage to Rheinland from Taus, instead of going through Omegas etc.

Just wish it would've been smaller and somehow useful to pass through. As example, if Gallia would've been what Council is right now back then, I would've totaly rolled with that.
I enjoy Gallia and I enjoy blasting it to bits even more. In the fields and on the streets, chaps! *Sips tea.*
I enjoy Lanakov, and he is the personification of Gallia.
Yes. It's the prettiest house with the bestestest players.
Unfortunately only 1% of all that player bestestness can gather on Discord, while the remaining 99% are still persistent in their self-separation for some reason.
Will enjoy Gallia more once they lose plot armour and/or Bretonia gets its Heavy BS back so we don't need a CD to stand a chance in cap PvP.
No. I COULD like gallia, if it was implemented in a better manner, but as is gallia Is an absolute joke. They lose nearly every event battle, but still gain territory and story assets because reasons. They appeared out of nowhere with a relatively shoddy background and declared war on the rest of the mod for apparently no reason other than holding a grudge for 800 years.

Theres no real economy in gallia. There's no reason to trade or mine there. It's also a dead end set of systems that is difficult to navigate and doesnt really feel connected to the rest of Sirius in any meaningful manner. The entirety of gallia suffers low activity because of these issues.

Further, being based on the French was a bad move in my opinion. There are a lot of negative connotations about the french, and aside from being angry little napoleons they really aren't known for being a leader in warfare. Their language and behavior are quite foreign, at least to me, which always made integrating into that rp very difficult (honestly the same goes for most rheinland factions and kusari).

Instead of gallia i would rather have seen all of that development effort put into expanding the alien factions. Extending the edge worlds out by several systems and reigniting the nomad war against all of Sirius would have garnered far more activity than gallia ever did
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9