Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ground warfare in FL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Actually, the SP campaign gives a little looksee into FL ground combat. All weapons seem to be laser based now, even the rifles. The scene in which President Jacobi is rescued is probably the best example in the original SP campaign. Both guards have rifles and wear either no armor or basic clothing based armor (which probably didn't help much with keeping either one alive.

Ground troops would undoubtedly be better equipped, but just how much more is unknown. It is most likely that ground troops would also use Laser based weaponry. I think the simple uniform with light body armor would be most likely, seeing how I doubt heavy body armor would help that much agaisnt lasers. (heck, in Star Wars, the heavy armor of stormtroopers didn't seem to give them much advantage.)

Furthermore, a true FPS style game INSIDE of FL would be impossible to make, since it requires source code to make changes to such things as movement. Perhaps, with enough work, you could make a weird FPS like game using ships as humans, but the humans could fly.....

I dunno about FPS combat, but i know that i had an idea a while back about atmospheric combat. Basically you would put a second "docking ring" on a planet.. but this "docking ring" isnt a docking ring , but a jumpgate.. you would be transported to another system that is outfitted to look like the in-atmosphere of a planet.. with buildings gutting out from a centralized source (giant sphere or plane maybe?) Many of these "Buildings" would be dockable, and you could have PVP dodging around the buildings .. ect ect

This idea IS possible... ive seen it in another mod ... so dont tell me that it cant happen.. because it CAN
No-one said it isn't possible, however it does look quite frankly crap. And that would lower the quality of the mod, which makes it pointless.

As for the scenes in SP, I'd have thought if the guards on Fairbanks were pre-warned that they were about to be thrown into a gunfight, they'd have been wearing something a bit more substancial. I mean, the guards were on a secret station in the middle of a system that 'doesn't exist'. No real reason to be lugging around hefty power armour if you're not expecting an attack, so that still leaves us with no clues as to how warfare is waged.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6