Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Crayter Republic | Ministry of Foreign Relations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Gunpowder
To: Ministry of Foreign Relations

[Image: immNvnK.png]

Good day, Minister.

I was asked by the Admiralty Board and ultimately the Crown, to reach out to you regarding the request the Crown has made to the IMG regarding the Aland Shipyard in Omega-3. While this falls onto the diplomatic branch of politics, a branch I am not part of, my previous experience with the Republic was seen as a must in this situation, in order to reach a positive outcome.

With this out of the way, we can move to the matter at hand. As you well know, Bretonia and the Armed Forces are without a shipyard, losing not only our capital class building capability but also the reduced repair time that a shipyard grants. It is the linchpin point in this war. Without it, Gallia will win, of that there is no doubt. With it, the allied forces have the chance they need to break the gallic invaders spirits and bodies.

Obviously, this matter was analyzed as soon as Southampton was scuttled, and Aland wins in all regards against any other choice. Building a new shipyard will take several months, time that we simply do not have. Aland however offer the safety of the location, the ease of access to the main manufacturing outputs in Sprague and due to the trade-lane network, the speed it could deploy the built assets to the front. Our engineers can make the necessary alterations in days, giving us the capability that we direly need to keep on with the fight.

The public notice of intention of temporary commandment of the shipyard was sent to the IMG, not only to make it visible to all parties but also to make the IMG a victim in Gallia's eyes, removing the possibility of reprisal. However, the IMG denied such request. An official promise of return of the shipyard, fully upgraded, was also emitted but rebuked.

And now we arrived at the reason of this communication. The Bretonian Crown is asking the Crayter Republic to intercede with the IMG, your long standing ally, to allow us to commandeer Aland in the original terms of the public notice. If a theatrical military take-over is needed to cast a victims light over the IMG, so that Gallia issues no reprisals towards them, we shall comply as needed. Any ideas you may have are also welcomed and would be analyzed. So please, help us.

Without that shipyard, all the dead, all the battles and all those we have left behind will be for naught.

With regards,

Kaze Nelson Reidman Dagon
Rear-Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies
[Image: qgWeGZL.png]

It has been far too long, Admiral.

I have spoken with the Guild's representatives and they seemed willing enough to cooperate on the matter. I suppose having considered the alternatives, they do prefer somone familiar and genuinely interested in their well-being to be involved as a reasonably neutral party.

Still, as you no doubt know, the Miners tend to be excellent negotiators (or just unreasonably stubborn) and they required a concession.

Namely, in order to feel safe from Her Majesty, detachments of our marines and patrol craft are to be dispatched to the Miners' holdings as backup. I am terribly sorry to present this as an accomplished fact to HM's government, but it was the only way of resolving the situation in a peaceful manner on that end. While I am reluctant to use valuable Fleet resources where they will quite literally have noting productive to do, but there seems to be no alternative. At worst, the miners will meet our men with sideways glances. They would however, undoubtedly meet yours with IEDs and sabotage.

Just to re-iterate, Aland will provide HM's fighting forces with the needed services within its capacity as long as the station remains under the Guild's control, as soon as Colonial marine detachments and patrol ships arrive.

This seems to be as a good opportunity as any to touch one more point.
Our own Sabah shipyard doesn't usually enjoy spare capacity or downtime, but recently there has been blessedly little repair work for her slipways. I'm quite certain that can be tooled to handling Bretonian ships in short order. The visiting crews should also appreciate what nearby Yuma has to offer in terms of entertainment. We can discuss the arrangements for that option at your earliest convenience.

I certainly hope the war ends soon.

Gaetan Moliere, Admiral Colonial Fleet

To: Admiral Gaetan Moliere

Good day, Admiral.

Indeed, it has been a while. How fare Skalski and Meyers? On the key points at hand, it is vital that IMG appear to be the victim regarding Aland, for their own safety. I have already asked the Norfolk Command to prepare accordingly, and they are prepared to move in as soon operational command is established and orders are issued.

As for control of the shipyard during the war, there are security issues with the presence of a third party in keys points of the development, construction and deployment of Bretonian capital class vessels. Ultimately, the Armed Forces need to be the ones in command of the shipyard to insure the safety of not only our personnel but also of our advanced designs and fabrications methods. Your people and the Guild's are welcome to participate but only in the capability of observers, due to the very same security constraints, something anyone with proprietary technology, much like yourselves, do when third parties are present.

Obviously, control of Aland will be rescinded fully when the war is done as per the original statement.

As for Sabah Shipyard, myself and the Admiralty appreciate the offer, but it is too far away and extremely risky to transverse part of the front line with damaged assets, while if Aland becomes a reality, it would be a quick jaunt through secure trade-lanes to Omega-3.

With regards,

Rear-Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies

The miners seem to be victims of history every time, don't they?

Both Skalski and Meyers continue to serve with as much grace and distinction as typical of them, I am certain they will appreciate the thought.

At any rate, the plan, for lack of a better word is in motion. The IMG installations at Newcastle, Cambridge, O3, T37, T44, Dublin and Coronado have been visited by the Atlas-class freighter Copernicus. Leaving each with a batch of tourist about equal to known population. They are under specific orders and have been briefed extensively on the nature of their mission. Below is a sanitized excerpt of these orders:
For the moment, there have been absolutely no reports of attempted sabotage or resistance. Just sideways glances. I do have every expectation, that will change once Aland's immediate future becomes clear. No doubt, there are Gallic sympathizers or agents among the crews, who WILL incite opposition. Hopefully, however the measures taken will turn out sufficient to counteract this risk.

In fact, I am beginning to suspect, that this regrettable affair might have been instigated by our common enemy. It's very uncharacteristic of the Guild's foreign policy to be quite so... adamant.

So far, so good.

Gaetan Moliere, Secretary of State

Good day, Secretary.

Congratulations are in order, it seems.

Henderson's retirement may have been more than it meets the eye, it seems. But that is a mere footnote compared to the volumes of our actions these days. Norfolk Command has dispatched the 14th and 15th Calvary alongside three contingents of the 5th IAF and the Engineering Corps. present in Sprague. They await your word to move in.

If all goes well, Aland will be fueling the front lines in New London shortly, and the breaking of the Gallic onslaught will become a reality. Thank you for your support in this, Secretary.

With regards,

Rear-Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies

The word is given.

As far as we are aware, nothing changed in the local Guild's stance or that of their crews. There has been no diplomatic response to our actions to date.
By now, barring some utterly unforeseeable circumstances and fail-safes, the indicated stations' key points are under CMC control.
The miners will NOT be happy to see the Queen's Men. Their options for resisting and inflicting damage to the installation may have been severely reduced, but I would advise caution and restraint nonetheless.

As for Guildmaster Henderson...
If he'd still be in office, I doubt the situation would have been allowed to deteriorate to this regrettable point.

Gaetan Moliere, Secretary of State

Good evening, Secretary.

Word has been relayed. Expect the 14th and 15th shortly. Orders have been given to follow the standard op-sec in this matter and in accordance to the original spirit of the venture. I wish luck to all of us and that it can be achieved without bloodshed and loss to any of us and the IMG.

With regards,

Rear-Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies