Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Abdicate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Abdicate
Sequel to Retribution

...they left me to die for them. I sacraficed myself so that they might live a normal life...and they use it in vain...why would they do such a thing...because they are no better than the ones I died to destroy. Something in me stirs, something in me craves revenge...something I thought I had quenched already...but I was wrong...it wants out.

...it wants to destroy those who abused my sacrafice...my eyes snap open...

"ARRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!"

I sat straight up in bed panting. It seemed so real. I hurried over to my sink and quickly and splashed my face. Drops of red were appearing in the sink when I looked up to the mirror to notice my nose was bleeding something fierce. I wiped the blood off my upper lip and quickly plugged it with tissue paper. I held my nose back for a few moments allowing the blood to stop coming out of my nose. A few moments later the bleeding stopped sucessfully.

Three years...

I shook my head and quickly got dressed. I was lucky I woke up when I did. I would be late for my duties on Kyoto. That's something that I cannot avoid. I opened my door to my room and walked down to the bay where I smiled at everyone passing by. I started to work on the first fighter. Several hours passed before I realized it was time for lunch, as I rose to my feet things got really bright and I became dizzy, I steadied myself with the ship and shook my head.

"Shan?" someone near me asked. "Are-Shan...your nose is bleeding."

I reached up to see blood running out of my nose again.

"It was...doing that this-" I felt my body start to fall and felt myself hit the ground, things got blurry, and darkness surrounded me.
My eyes opened slowly. A man was in the room working on the equipment in the room that I was now hooked up to. Oxygen was running from a tank near the bed into my nose. It felt good in a strange way. The man continued to press buttons on whatever he was working on. He pressed a few more buttons and I could tell he was smiling at what he had completed.

"Excuse me." I croaked. "What happened?"

The man turned around and I gasped...it was Leo.

"You had quite a nasty spill...can I get you something to help?"

I gasped and woke up again, this time in another room, but similar to the last one, a man sat near the bed and nearly jumped when I woke up. It was Dejesus.

"Nearly gave me a heartattack." He said with a smile. "How are you feeling? I heard you had a spill down in the bay a few days ago, you've been asleep ever since."

"A few days?" I asked.

"Yeah, you had a mighty nasty nosebleed when they first got you in here. Looks like you're stable now. They don't know what happened...when did this start?"

"That morning I woke up, I had a nosebleed when I went into the bathroom. I cleaned it up thinking I was just dehydrated. I drank some water after it happened and cleaned up. Then I completed working on a ship in the bay and was going to lunch when I collapsed."

"Anything with...you know..."

"The implants? No. I havn't used them since..."

Dejesus got quiet and looked away.

"Well, call if you need anything, you know the number."

I nodded my head and he left the room. When I closed my eyes and tried to fall back asleep I hear something fall over in the room, I jumped up and looked to what had caused it. On the floor was a notebook with words written in them. I couldn't tell what they said so I climbed out of bed slowly and reached down to see what it was. When I read the words and dropped the notebook and backed up to the bed gasping.

"Ms. Katacuchi, you should not be out of bed!" said a nurse coming in from outside. I pointed at the notebook, but when I looked, there was nothing there.

"Get Joshua Dejesus back in here! NOW!"
The notebook read the following before it vanished.

"Death isn't forever my love."

"Are you sure you saw a notebook?" Dejesus asked.

"I'm not crazy Joshua." I said. "I saw a notebook. It only adds to my belief that-"

"Shan, Leo is dead."

I bit my lower lip. Ever since Leo's dissappearance, people have continously said he's been dead. Though my abilities never went away, while the other's did. Takashi and the others had their implants removed and continued on to daily life. Takashi was a business man, forever throwing aside his past life of being a Dragon, saying he had more adventure for one lifetime. Kurt and Hal moved down to Rheinland, and Al and Sarah just vanished into thin air as well.

The only thing that hinted to Leo's survival was my ability to still use my implants, and the fact that there have been rumors of strange attacks in the new Gallia systems by unknown combatants calling themselves "Hybrids."

"I don't think so Joshua."

He sighed. "We've gone though this a thousand times at least. The explosion that occured inside that station created a singularity. If he could have survived the inside of a black hole he's not human."

"He isn't!" I yelled.

"You're right, but not even he can survive that kind of gravity. Look, I know you want to believe he's alive, but he's simply not...and if he is things are going to get a bit crazy."

"So you do believe somewhat."

"The evidence is convincing. I'll admit, but I've seen no other hints to his survival, only the fact of you still using your abilities...but until I actually see him, I'm not taking any wagers. Get some sleep if you can, you need it."
14 Years Ago
Tainted Destroyer

The room was surrounded by equipment and the sound of devices humming in the quiet of the ships hull. A man seated, head hung low, and strapped to a chair. Where was he, why was this happening to him. All he wanted to do was protect Kyoto...from the Naval forces...why was he here. Strange clamps were attached at his ankles and wrists, these devices were hooked up to a computer across the room. Leo knew if he pulled hard enough with his ankles, he could knock a device over...he heard the door open across the room and quickly closed his eyes.

"Wake up little Leo." said a deep voice. The man looked up slowly to his captors. A tall balding man wearing an unknown uniform. "How are you feeling...well I guess that doesn't really matter now does it?"

"Where...who are you?"

"That's an ironic question, where am I..."

"I asked you a bloody question!"

Leo's head slammed into the wall behind him against his will.

"We're asking the questions here, LEO. You will do as WE ask."

"Sure." Leo said through gritted teeth. "How can I be of service?"

"First, you can go to sleep."

----

I opened my eyes gasping. What was that scene? Was that when they first had captured Leo? I blinked my eyes, trying to hold on to the dream and remember everything from it. I reached for the notebook next to my bed and began writing everything down. After I was finished I re-read it...it was when Leo was first captured. I could hear his thoughts, see through his eyes...and see that bastard father of his questioning his own son. I laid the notebook down on the nightstand beside me and laid back. Was this the work of Allecto?

It was possible. Allecto had simply been an AI. She was responsible for the abilities of the other people of Tainted. She regulated their abilities and kept the Nomads from taking over the human mind completely, creating a strange cooperative union between Man and Alien. It was crazy, but many humans wanted the abilities of the Nomads and still have freewill. I simply had Nomad enhancements implanted into my body...possibly with other human ones as well.

The Nomads were by far the most destructive force to be discovered by mankind. Their technology was lightyears ahead of us, and their destructive ability had de-stabalized the relations between Liberty and Rhienland to the point of war. They would have destroyed us if not for the Order...wait, the Order. Of course. If I could contact them about Leo, maybe they would be able to discover his location.

The room shifted...similar to how it did in memories. I blinked and shook my head. I felt something running down my nose and looked down. Red drops were appearing on my blanket, I wiped the blood from under my nose. The room shifted again and my head felt like it was being split open. Nurses ran into the room quickly and laid be down, started patting me gently as the bed started to roll. I opened my eyes in pain and saw straight ahead of me, written on the celing as we moved quickly...

"I am coming..."

And just before I blacked out...

...I screamed...
I stood, at first, in darkness. Wrapped in a white sheet. I could hear nothing but the sound of the ringing in my ears. The absence of sound. I looked around but was only met by more pitch black walls of nothingness. Then, slow at first, stars began appearing around the room. Once the stars were populated, I began to move, quickly through the galaxy. Then, we left the galaxy completely, so far out that the entire Milky Way was visible.

I would have been awed if not completely freaked out.

"Will she survive?" I heard from somewhere. The sudden sound startled me and made me look around.

"The implants are killing her. Trying to activate but creating some kind of feedback loop inside them. We can't remove them because they're attacked directly to her spinal cord...something far different than any of the others. It's wired directly into her body." said, who I assumed, was the doctor. I heard DeJesus sigh.

The scene shifted and we were flying back into the galaxy, passed Sirius and appeared infront of a black hole, spinning in silence. Words appeared in side the singularity, spinning into oblivion.

"Are you prepared for what I am to show you?"

"Show me what?" I asked.

Words appeared again.

"...why...for what I'm going to do to Sirius?"

"Leo?"

"It's time for you to decide...are you going to be the one hanging on the cross...or the one hammering in the nails."

The scene rushed away from me, replaced by pure white.
For a second, my eyes snapped open, viewing the ceiling. I gasped for air and said the only words I could get out before I went back under.

"DeJesus. Singularity. Leo."

I felt my back arc and I went immediately back into my sleep.

The scene shifted like it always did when getting ready to view something else. By shifting, I mean the scene slightly panned out, turned, and rushed away from my plane of view. Another came flying up, panned in, and focused. I looked around quickly and saw that it was a room, a small room, metal walls surrounded me, a force field was on at the end with a man looking out of it.

That man was Leo.

"This is where they held me." he said. "Tried beating information out of me that I didn't even know. That I still don't know."

"Leo...are you...alive?" I asked, walking closer to him. He didn't turn around.

"What is alive Shan? The ability to breathe air? Or the comfort of knowing yourself. Of knowing who you are, of knowing your parents? Remembering your childhood?" He turned to face me. His eyes glowing blue. "Being human?" He walked closer to me. "...or being something more than human."

"Come back to us, Leo. We might be able to help you..."

"As far as I'm concerned, Shan, I'm dead to mankind...and mankind is dead to me. I've seen perfection. Mankind is far from it.

"Sirius will burn."

He turned back around and placed his hands on the force field and I watched as it shorted out and exploded. There was a firefight occuring outside the cell, I saw Sarah screaming something at him, and him screaming something back just before throwing her across the room and into a wall. This was a memory of his past. Of when he escaped Tainted for the first time.

A high pitched sound split my skull, and just as before, the scene went out of focus, panned out, and rushed away, replaced by white. I heard screaming...and then I realized...it was me.