Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: IMG and their supporters in Coronado
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cCz6TGw.gif]

:::encrypted_message_received:::

:::decoding_process_activated:::

-accessing_message_content-

To: <"IMG and others">
""<Historical Deja Vu>""
[Image: lREAHKo.jpg]
:::videofeed_activated:::

I can't quite put into words how uncanny the resemblance of your current situation is. Decades ago, before any of us were even a twinkle in the eyes of the men who brought us into the world, we were in the same situation. Commodities of convenience, human resources. Stepped on by bureaucrats with no balls and sold out by weasels in suits.

Skip forward just about two hundred years later and here we are. Men that earn a living the same way our predecessors did are being stepped on. It's no secret that when it happened to us, nobody cared or even lifted a finger. The millions of us were acceptable losses, cannibalized by the economy to sustain a few aristocrats who don't even wipe their own asses.

It pushed us, harder than any man should ever be. Drove us rabid. Calls for justice became roars for blood, gunfire replaced petitions and extremism was the only way anyone paid attention. And through it all, we were alone.

But now it's down to us. And with everything we've endured over the centuries of our existence, all the exploitation, oppression, torment and slavery through debt. We cannot look the other way. Not when the exact same thing is happening to good, free people. The kind of people we once used to be.

Assaults against Bretonian commerce will be heightened. Any vessels found acting with hostile intent towards the IMG will be mercilessly hunted down in Liberty and along the borders. Every bomb, every weapon, every bullet the Alliance has down to its own fangs is going to be aimed at the jugular of any son of a gun who thinks he can step on men who want to be free.

To our "rivals" in the region, you know who you are. In the interest of something more important than our own animosity, the Alliance will ignore you and prioritise the real threat. Return the favour or do not. It is up to you.

The Xeno Alliance will not sit idly by, not when we've been subject to the same crap but in a different era. Better to die with a gun in hand than a leash around the neck.

""Liberty or Death""

:::message_terminated:::
¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

[Image: MSbrXy4.png]
¤ LOCATION: <unknown>

¤ COMM-ID: Guang Yao

¤ TARGET-ID: Xeno Alliance

¤ SUBJECT: Aland Shipyard

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

To the unnamed Alliance member;

I have to say, your announcement came as a bit of a surprise to us, but a welcome one at that. We haven't had contacts with the Alliance in a long time, and to be honest weren't sure you were still active.
There has always been ideological overlap between the Alliance and the Guild; the same dissatisfaction with the houses, their governments and corporations is what give both of us most of our members.
If you're willing to intensify your focus on our new enemies the Kingdom of Bretonia, we will of course be grateful.

Guang Yao
IMG Guildmaster

""<Historical Deja Vu>""

Mister Yao. Good to meet you despite the circumstances. We'll have time to get introduced once enough guns have been fired to deter the Tyrants and crap all over their plans.

What I need more than anything is information. Who's with you and who's against you? Given the sheer amount of enemies we have ordinarily, it would be useful in letting us ascertain who's the greater threat and in need of a prompt Xeno welcome with widows.

Additionally, is Camp Lister in need of any supplies to help deter potential threats? With the map being laid out the way it is, fortifying that location wouldn't be unwise. Perhaps it's time you gave us open access to this facility? I leave that choice to your discretion.

Name it and we'll do it. The sector might turn its back on you, we will not.

""Liberty or Death""

At this point, our situation is as follows: The Kingdom of Bretonia is obviously leading the war, and our former allies of the Crayterian Republic have betrayed us and joined with them. The Republic of Liberty, allies of Bretonia, have not declared, and I doubt they would involve themselves as they are quite busy with the Gallic front. Besides, you already fight them so I doubt it would make much difference to you.

As for our allies, a number of organizations have declared their support, though I'm not sure I should be sharing who and where since they may not want for their involvement to be known, except for ALG who have already publicly accepted our defensive call.
The situation is developing very rapidly and involvement may change quickly.

In regards to Camp Lister, I haven't received a security update since the situation started. It's likely that ground combat is already taking place between our forces and the Crayterian traitors, so if you can bring supplies you may have to fight your way through. That having been said, the camp is likely in desperate need of arms and munitions, since we didn't anticipate an attack from our allies in the area.

Good luck,

Guang Yao
IMG Guildmaster

""<Historical Deja Vu>""

Going to have to blockade run are we? Always wanted to, I'm certainly looking forward to ramming through whatever seafood and edgy crap the Kingdom and Joke Republic field respectively. But there is an obvious problem that this situation represents. And that is that Camp Lister is probably already lost, at least judging by the radio silence.

This goes against my better judgement, but given the difficulty a reclamation operation presents.. we're going to need a bit of help from unusual sources. While the Alliance has the manpower, we lack the advanced equipment most of these organisations have access to. Even with access to all the bombs on the black-market, hurling them at the ground will be a complete waste unless an enemy location can be pinpointed.

The Commonwealth is too busy fondling c- pardon me. The Commonwealth is most likely preoccupied with.. diplomatic ventures and likely won't respond to a call to arms in a timely fashion. There are only two groups of people that I can see being adequate substitutes and one of them is a rival, the other likely doesn't like us too much either.

Shall I ping one or both of them to this channel? The Hackers and Auxesia are both capable of performing reconnaissance for our efforts on Pecos. If you'd rather I spoke to them separately, then that's not a problem either.

""We need to be quick""

Regarding the situation as described previously, things have changed. As stated in the Crayterian Republic's public broadcast which you've likely read already, their declaration of hostility wasn't sanctioned by the government, but executed by what seem to be rogue Bretonian ultranationalist elements.
Nonetheless, your assistance against Bretonia would still be appreciated, as would any arms shipments to Pecos.
The Crayterian threat doesn't seem to be as serious as expected if it's just a small rogue battlegroup, but it has shown us how exposed some of our holdings our against attacks from an unexpected angle.
Besides the fact that the rogues may still be attacking Lister or any of our other installations, it's high time to shore up defenses in the area and most of our shipping will likely be occupied with emergency supplies to the south. If you're still willing to assist, we would still be grateful.

And tread lightly around the Crayterians, we don't know if the rogues' offensive is an isolated incident or signs of something bigger.

Thank you again,

Guang Yao
IMG Guildmaster