Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: IMG Guildmaster Guang Yao
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Fixer.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: 66WOzop.png]
[Image: 105.png][Image: 94.png][Image: 95.png][Image: 100.png]

Guildmaster Yao,

I would like to personally congratulate you for the fortitude and strength of character you showed in the past few weeks. It impressed us a lot that despite blackmail and grave odds you stood your ground. As you are already aware, the Lane Hackers sent a taskforce to protect your installations on Pecos in Coronado system and to dissuade the Outcasts from taking advantage of your situation. I would like to inform you that despite the lack of stable communications, your colony so far is doing well and operates normally.

Yesterday we encountered a Crayterian ship belonging to the traitorous scum of Olympia near Pecos. When we moved to intercept, a full wing ambushed us behind Planet Salina. The battle did not go as planned.

We have reasons to suspect that the CRN had already received knowledge of our presence through information shared in this channel. That would mean the highest echelons of Crayer leadership are still compromised and still contain people who look favorably on Battlegroup Olympia and are willing to aid them behind the scenes.

Guildmaster, we would like to hear of your thoughts and wisdom on this matter.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang Weisen

...message.copy.protected...automated.deletion.initiated...
...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

[Image: MSbrXy4.png]
¤ LOCATION: <unknown>

¤ COMM-ID: Guang Yao

¤ TARGET-ID: Wolfgang Weisen

¤ SUBJECT: Aland situation

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

To Mr Weisen;

We are deeply grateful for support from an angle we honestly did not expect, especially given how dangerous the situation with the Crayterian betrayal is turning out to be. Considering your description of the situation in Coronado, as well as the simultaneous appearance of numerous "rogue" Crayterian capital vessels assisting the Bretonian assault in the Omegas, we find it hard to believe that this is a minor insurrection by a few rebellious commanders. We must anticipate that in a worst-case scenario, a substantial portion of the entire Crayterian capital fleet has joined the traitors.
As for their political situation, the developments they've explained to us are seriously concerning. The fact that the CIS has seemingly launched a coup d'état and declared state of emergency isn't exactly convincing us of the stability of the Republic, if it can even be called that anymore, and we certainly don't expect to be resuming business as usual with them at any point soon.

It's wonderful news to hear our Pecos settlements haven't been overrun, and we are indebted to you for sending support their way. They should at this point be on high alert, a status that'll likely continue for the foreseeable future.

Something that you should perhaps know about: The Xeno Alliance has contacted us and also offered support to counter the Crayter traitors in the area, and I know your two organizations have no love for each other. I can't tell you what to do with them, but I'll urge both to focus on the Crayter threat above your animosity.
It's not the only instance of support from different factions that are odds with each other, but needless to say we'll accept anyone's resources, manpower and guns in this situation. We can't exactly afford to be picky.

Thank you for your support,

Guang Yao
IMG Guildmaster
...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 2RueBG5.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

For seven decades the Independent Miners' Guild provided our headquarters, Mactan Base, with all the necessary basic consumer goods.

You have offered supplies during our darkest and most vulnerable times. We will not forget that Mr Yao. And we intend to return the favor fully.

With your permission, the Lane Hackers will land on Pecos and man one of the abandoned settlements. We intend to install strong scanner and communication modules which enhanced by the moon's thin atmosphere, will provide your colonies with a very good intelligence system and communication with the other IMG stations outside Coronado. Furthermore, it appears that the Xenos are also interested in supporting you. While this ragtag group of unemployable militias is not an efficient fighting force, they have numbers which we cannot match. With your permission, we can steer them towards a path of direct confrontation against the Crayterians, who based on their latest public intervention continue to threaten the IMG both overtly and covertly. That will hopefully keep them occupied for the time being.

Finally, if the situation in Aland becomes untenable you can rely on our support in safely transporting your miner civilian population out of Omega-3. We have limited logistical capabilities but we want do our part.

If there is anything else that you need from the Lane Hackers, please let us know.

...message.copy.protected...automated.deletion.initiated...
¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

[Image: MSbrXy4.png]
¤ LOCATION: <unknown>

¤ COMM-ID: Guang Yao

¤ TARGET-ID: Goro Yoshida

¤ SUBJECT: Aland situation

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

To Mr Yoshida;

We of course welcome your people to settle on Pecos, and gladly accept your offer to install superior detection systems.
Beyond a simple mining colony, Pecos was always intended to serve as a home for non house-aligned people of Sirius, people who wish to live under autonomy of their own making.
This is something I've thought about a great deal with recent events. I find myself wondering about the merits of a more serious, transnational attempt at a non-aligned movement, as our struggle with the Kingdom of Bretonia is perhaps symbolic of a more general struggle of the worlds and peoples outside house control, fighting to maintain their independence.
Our ties to the nominal Crayterian Republic are strained, but they still represent a great non-aligned entity intent on preserving Coronado's independence. But looking forward, I do of course find myself concerned for the system; perhaps their diplomatic closeness to the Liberty-Bretonia alliance may be opening doors for an eventual house takeover of the system.

I find myself increasingly committed to working against this trend, Mr Yoshida. Your assistance here isn't merely the Lane Hackers helping the Independent Miners Guild, it is part of a greater struggle of free women and men against the hegemony of the houses.

Guang Yao
IMG Guildmaster
...Saboteur.Guy.Thackeray.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 126a.png][Image: 4.png]
[Image: 10.png][Image: 24.png][Image: 33.png][Image: 40.png]

This is to inform you that the Lane Hackers have recently dispatched a team of automated survey drones to the recently christened Camp Endeavor within the Midlands Region of Planet Pecos. The survey team has been tasked with install geographical survey equipment to ensure conditions are optimal for further systems installation. Baring any additional delays, upon completion of this automated survey, additional scientific and construction personnel will be dispatched to install our a datalink with Spyglass Orbital Scanner better known as Spyglass. Once the installation is complete, a small contingent of Lane Hacker personnel will be permanently assigned to the camp to perform security and routine maintenance duties. Camp Endeavor was selected due to its location, which the area's rough terrain provides the site with protection from orbital strikes along with the fact that the atmosphere is thin enough to allow Spyglass to perform at optimum capacity.

With warm regards

Mister Thackeray