Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Core,APM | From: Jerard Voncloud |RE: Pygar Consult
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

[Image: 4048707_orig.jpg?169]
[Image: F4aFOw6.png]
-- Incoming Signal --
-- Video feed --
* ID: Jerard Voncloud
* Subject: Consultation
* Priority : 3
Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

Greetings from Pygar
Its been sometime since I've had any contact with the Core, but with the recent developments i think it wise for me to get in contact in order to ask for your advice and experience.

Its been decided that we Zoner's will colonise Planet Pygar in Omicron Theta, a far cry from what we had with Gran Canaria but beggars cant be choosers. At this point in time we are having to rely upon freighters and smaller shuttles in order to transport Colonists and resources. If memory serves the Core was much the same with Planet Nauru until the Docking ring was constructed. Now i have no experience in such things i wouldnt know where to start, which leads me to this message.
If possible i would like to ask for consultation from the Core in how best to organise and build a Docking ring for Pygar, its obvious that Gran Canaria is lost to us so we need to make Pygar as much of a home as is possible and your experience with Nauru will prove invaluable to our efforts.
Potentially this may lead to more cooperation between us in the future
Jerard Voncloud - Zoner Consensus - Administrator for Livadia Shipyard

Message Ended
-- Video feed terminated --
-- Secondary data log saved --

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: Nathan Archos
»Location: Dagger Station, Omega-55
»Subject: Pygar
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Greetings Mr. Voncloud,

You have contacted the right people. As experts in colonising the Edge, we know exactly how to facilitate your request.

Nauru was a great undertaking, achieved with the assistance of financiers such as Dauman Heavy Construction, Planetform, Kruger Minerals, Interspace Commerce and most notably Ageira Technologies. The latter is probably of the most significance to you, as it will be how we achieve your Docking Ring. On your behalf, we can arrange an audience with them if you wish? The service they provide is damn good and backs up the reputation that precedes them.

Now, given the proximity of Pygar to Gamma, it's very likely that no matter what you do, at some point you WILL be besieged by Corsair pirates. In that case, we have already discussed a suitable way of protecting Pygar and countering such assaults: The Core is willing to move one of its Battleships, the Janus and it's accompanying battlegroup, out of Omicron Rho and into the orbit of Pygar. The Bellona - another Mako class battleship of ours - was instrumental in protecting Nauru from hostile influence in the early colonisation days. That's why we feel a similar manoeuvre will be required for this. Our security expertise is exceptional, unmatchable and won't let you down.

Working together, I am sure we can secure Omicron Theta as a new home for the Zoner population. In terms of how we could benefit from this... we simply ask that our research teams could be permitted access to the alien vaults on the planet. I'm sure this would not interfere with the incoming refugees.

-N. Archos
Supreme Guildkeeper, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: YIzA476.png]
Re-transmitting......

-- Incoming Signal --
-- Video feed --
Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

Supreme Guildkeeper Archos
Your response was the one i hoped for, the companies you mention i have no experience with what so ever, so i would accept your suggestion for contacting them however i suspect the next part of my response my lead me to have to do it myself.

In regards to what you have said about Gamma and moving a Core Battle group into Orbit. It is not needed, nor is it wanted, right now we enjoy being Neutral to all who dwell within Theta and are our neighbours in the Omicrons.
To put a Core Battleship on our door step will just invite trouble where there currently is none. The Thought is appreciated but at this time ill ask that any such move not be taken. We will handle our own security and protection for the time being. Our Neutrality makes for a strong shield, one that for the most part will be more effective then a Mako battleship. For now.

At this time the Alien Vaults are off limits to all outside factions as its going to be a delicate matter that will take some time to work out, there are many along with yourselves who have interest in them as well as laid Claim to some of the ruins, as you can imagine its going to become a bit of a political minefield and one i do not wish to broach just yet. Once more of the Pygar infrastructure is in place, and i have a proper office, then the next step will be to discuss what will happen to the Vaults.

If even after that your still willing to assist us as just a means to get in contact with those who helped with Naruu i would be deeply greatful

Jerard Voncloud - Zoner Consensus - Pygar Colonisation Coordinator

Message Ended

Mr. Voncloud,

It is with my expert advice, that I advise you that a strong defence in the planet's orbit will be essential when we start inviting Sirian Corporations to assist with the colonisation effort. I don't think they will be keen to visit and assist your endeavour unless they have confidence in a bulwark that can keep them safe as they work - something The Core can guarantee and provide, unless you can prove the Zoners can front a sufficient enough military force to defend Omicron Theta from the Corsairs, Hessians, Coalition and all other scum. The Core will gladly assist with fortifying trade routes, it's the least we can do.

I also respectfully remind you that The Core has a stake in all alien technology in the Edge Worlds. Pygar is an object which we have documented, been aware of for quite a while now, and we have also conducted expeditions to the planet ourselves in the past. It doesn't strike us as respectful if you come to us for help, but bar us from the ruins. We'd like an immediate decision on our access, as we don't like it when we are withheld from such places, or when they are shared with people not in our good books.

Once our above points are addressed, we can look at contacting the relevant people.

-N. Archos
Supreme Guildmaster, The Core

-- Incoming Signal --
-- Video feed --
Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

Supreme Guildmaster
As i said earlier, right now we have no need for such a force from the Core, we are neutral to all those you have mentioned, none of them have shown any hostility towards us and the Corsair's have been nothing but welcoming of our colonisation. The moment a Core Capitol ship and Battle group appear on our doorstep, that's when we will see hostilities.
Right now the most issues we have with the aforementioned hostiles are random break away pilots who at most require a couple of my Black Kite's to deal with. That being said if these companies do require assurance that they will be protected they can be told that my Black Kites have sufficient man and fire power to protect Pygar should the need arise. If they need more detail as to what assets we have i can make it available.
So again, we do not wish to have a Core Battle group stationed at Pygar as it would be more of a detriment to us. Our neutrality is more valuable then a Core warship at this time.

I respectfully remind you, that the Core are not the only power in the Omicrons, and certainly not the only ones with a "stake in all alien technology" nor are you the only ones to have Documented Pygar. Zoner Research teams were before the Core was even established.
As i say, you arn't the only ones with vested interest, The Order and the Corsairs have had their own "teams" on the planet many times and even AI probes have been spotted from time to time darting about the ruins. Pygar is to become our home and that is the priority now, not the Ruins.

Im willing, more out of fear of the Core going full Bretonia and just coming and taking what it wants, to allow the Core access to the Ruins, as long as it follows some rules.
1: Your research teams are inconspicuous as to who they belong to.
2: You do not consider the Ruins and Technology "yours" or that you have more rights over them then anyone else
3: Anything that would aid the Colonisation and the population is disclosed to us.
4: Do not bring hostilities to the surface. If your research teams encounter any from those I've mentioned, you will not come to blows.
5: You do not Bring any conflict or start any. If there are any who you consider hostile in orbit of Pygar, much like a Freeport, no shots are to be fired.

If you can agree to these then ill let the Core have access to the Ruins prior to anyone else outside of us Zoner's.

Message Ended

Mr. Voncloud,

Very well then. I will at least ask Ageira how they feel about that, and I would at least urge a reinforced Core presence in the system in some capacity to protect the logistics forces that will be building this docking ring for you.

I'm glad you're starting to see sense about our position in regards to the artifacts. I will touch upon your points a little bit:

Quote:1: Your research teams are inconspicuous as to who they belong to.
2: You do not consider the Ruins and Technology "yours" or that you have more rights over them then anyone else
3: Anything that would aid the Colonisation and the population is disclosed to us.
4: Do not bring hostilities to the surface. If your research teams encounter any from those I've mentioned, you will not come to blows.
5: You do not Bring any conflict or start any. If there are any who you consider hostile in orbit of Pygar, much like a Freeport, no shots are to be fired.

1: Fine.
2: The Core has claimed heritage to the remnants of the DK and other civilisations in the Edge Worlds since long ago before several groups even began to rear their ugly heads and threaten that destiny. Anything which can have practical use in our military is ours; we do not care about artifacts of culture, art or society, or any other trife that groups such as the Order would fawn over.
3: We are fine with this, provided we are treated the same for any technology that would have a military application, as I said. In the wrong hands, powerful and potentially-weaponisable technology would be dangerous - which is why we should maintain a handle on it. We are more than happy to leave anything which can help support your population.
4: As long as they don't get in our way, we can promise no violence.
5: We will agree to this on the basis that they do not endanger the support we will be inviting to Theta to assist with the operation. If you can guarantee the pacifism of hostile forces however, this should not be an issue.

-N. Archos

:::[RE-SENDING TRANSMISSION]:::

-- Incoming Signal --
-- Video feed --
Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

Supreme Guildmaster
I cannot stress enough how much we do not want a show of Force from the Core in Theta. Obviously i wont stop your ships being in Theta if you feel the need to reinforce you and your logistics, however i do need to ask that your forces remember not to act as if representing us. Last thing i need is a repeat of what happened in Delta when we brokered a Cease Fire with you.

The Terms seem agreed upon in regards to the Ruins, just don't make a mess.
I look forward to hearing from you and Ageria.

Message Ended

Mr. Voncloud,

Excellent, I'm glad we've come to an agreement. Ageria should be in contact soon.

-N. Archos

Pages: 1 2