Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Casablanca's Chronicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you walk into Casablanca, searching for a place to get a drink you stumble accross what you think is or use to be the station bar.
From the outside it looks uncomfortable, crude and ugly.

It's hard to see through the curtained windows, but the ominous atmosphere from within can be felt outside. As you enter the tavern through the old, metal door, you're welcomed by silence and whispers. The bartender is coughing into a dirty napkin and makes no effort to acknowledge your pressence.

[Image: ocOfMdR.jpg]

It's as horrible inside as it is on the outside. Marble pillars support the upper floor and the broken fans attached to them. The walls are covered in cobwebs and any decoration that does hang there is now unrecognizable.. The few people inside probably work less honorable operations, but whoever they are, you hope they'll leave you alone, just like you're leaving them alone.

You did hear rumors about this tavern, supposedly it's infamous for something, but for the life of you you can't remember what for. Though juding by judging by the people in this place, it's probably something shady and possibly dangerous.

Bienvenido a la Maldad

The tavern owner, he old Felipe notice the new hermanos coming in mass for the last few days and know the business going to be good.... again. He is nostalgic about the good old time.... not so old after all. The academicia use to bring alot of young corsairs to his place. He can't hide a joyful grin.

[Image: g4hxtm3.png]

He notice a familiar face entering in his humble tavern.

- Elder Rodriguez is that you? My old man eye aren't what they use to be! *look surprised*

- Felipe, my old 'mano! It's bien to see that ye still alive. But cut the Elder with me. I'm no longer one. And how many times i have to tell you to call me Alberto? *laugh*

- Sad for you Senor Alberto. *Smile* . It's been a long time since i last saw you and so many members of the brotherhood. It's good to see that you haven't forgotten about the ol' Casablanca.

- Sorry if we don't come that often nowadays but trust me, ye business going to be great for the next weeks and maybe months.

*The old man raise an eye brow*

- We are going to take Canaria and omega 49 as a whole out of the hands of those filthy bretonians so expect alot of traffic. I hope you still have a good reserve of rum because we'll need plenty.

*Felipe wink at Alberto*
Did i ever ran out? It's not going to happens today nor tomorrow Alberto.

- Bien! Bien!. Our pilots will come here to relax so if they cause any troubles, you can tell to Either me, Juanez or Senor Ladron. *chuckle*

*the old man look ecstatic and got a shaky voice* Y...Yo..you mean that El presidente and El comissario might honor, from their presence, my tavern? If i knew i would have made alot of cleaning.

- Don't worry Felipe. The place is alright at it is. Meanwhile why don't you give me a shooter of Santa Muerte Rum that made ye famous around here? *smile*

- One Angel of death coming ye way Alberto!

*Felipe get busy serving the other clients*

[Image: EwLvSvl.png]
A young man with a funny beard stepped in. Well, better say he stumbled in. He was very careful not to drop his book, so every greasy pirate (and his mother) in the taverna realised it has a big value to him. He had a look of student from a small village in the big city. But truth was he was from the small cave. And he wasn't a student any more. He was Imam.

Being not stupid, he noticed all the eyes on his precious book, so he rushed to a spot with more light. It happened to be a bar. So he took a seat. Bartender threw his cloth at the wall and it stayed on it like glued. He gave a long bartending gaze to a young man, letting him know that seating here doesn't come for free.

Oh, uh... young man said, noting that he must order a drink now. May I have... a... .... milk? A goat milk, please? I guess you don't milk firelizards here, do you?

A salvo of laughter was shaking the tavern for good five minutes. Barmen including. He was the loudest one, actually. Young man used that time to change several colours of his face, in very experienced fashion.

A noise from laughter calmed down, after a while. Barmen was just a professional, so he got at least something white and liquid and served it to a young man in a mug.

A young man opened his mouth to say Alaikum Salam, but he changed his mind. He opened his mouth to say Thanks at least, but was interrupted in that too. Base Commander Rodriguez was beside him, looking him straight in the eyes and said: What is this mess about? And can I help you somehow?

I'm looking for Commander Rodriguez, Effendi. young man said.

Are you? And what can effendi Commander do for you, senor goat-bird?

Oh, sorry, I didn't introduce my self! My name is Abdullah and I'm one of Tuareg Imams. He tried to shake hands with Commander Rodriguez, but he would risk to drop his book again, so he gave up that idea.

Commander Rodriguez gave him a look like a young man called Imam Abdullah fell from planet Rabat on the top of this little dirty tavern. He stepped back and with a wide gesture showed a bit nicer table in the corner. Come to my table, Imam senor Abdullah effendi. We will have a little chat there.

[Image: Z16a4F1.jpg]

Alberto smile at Abdullah. He heard from the Tuareg from Ladron but he wasn't sure if it's was a joke the fat bastardo was telling or actually the truth. He still try to restrain laughin when he see the milk glass the imam hold.

So Imam Abduallah, i've heard about ye tribe. Senor Ladron already told me about ye presence near the Rodriguez familia training compound in deep Desert. You ain't responsable for the disparition of some of me hombres are ye? Rodriguez no longer laugh and is all about business.

The young man shake head then smile.
No Senor Commander Rodriguez. We wouldn't never do such things.

Bien. Alberto calm down and lay back while looking the young man right in the eyes. Obviously ye here for a reason and since ye obviously standing before me, i am willing to listen ye story but first i'll show some courtesy and welcome ye to Casablanca. This old station doesn't look like much but it's home for the coming weeks. Rodriguez finish his beer and snap his finger so a not so cute waitress bring another one.

The young man can't restraint some sort disdain seeing that a woman serving that fat, ugly with no manners corsairs. He regain his composure pretty fast and holding book tighter than ever he look The commander right in the eyes.

After taking a sip and grin at the reaction of Abdullah, Alberto try to pierce the imam thoughts. ] So why ye wanted to see me you man? And don't tell me you try to bring me religion or some sort magical juju because i'm not going to buy any. You must have a pretty good reason to be here Si?.
Almost three years have passed since this conversation with the strange man got interrupted by an attack on Casablanca. Attack which led the brotherhood to launch Operacion guarniciĆ³n in Omega 48. All the pilots available from operacion gorriĆ³n we're reaffected to the front. Unfortunatly, the win was spoiled by the event on Canaria and the arrival of the Core in the vicinity.

The tavern boss, the old Felipe notice his old amigo, the brotherhood Tribune Alberto Rodriguez. He can't hide a grin.

- Ye are still alive you idiota? You stupido jerk! *he laugh*

- Felipe, my old perro! It's been a long time! And si! Seem like Santa muerte isn't ready for me nor ye. *smirk* On this, here i am again!

- When you come around it's never good Alberto! *Smile* . Good for business si but with you around, it can only mean one thing: the war.

- You know me too well Felipe but you know i don't wage war for pleasure nor for personnal glory. We got unfinished business in the system.

*The old man raise an eye brow*

- We are going to take omega 48 back. We need to remove the filth who think they are at home. Those who are the scum of the universe!

*Felipe rub his chin*
Does it mean i should start to gather rum supply?

- *chuckle* Si! I guess so! But I'm only here to assess the situation. Evaluate the current threat level, look for what we got left, make sure we got enough rooms for the pilots and make sure the Athos can hold herself in battle.

*Felipe smile and take Alberto's hand* You know she will my young amigo. It's good to see you around again! Ye madre would be proud of ye!

- Gracias Felipe! Coming from you it's mean alot. You still got my personnal bottle? *smile*

- One Angel of death coming ye way Alberto!

*Felipe stop a new client, wink at Alberto and go back to work*
The tavern boss, the old Felipe notice his old amigo, the brotherhood Alberto Rodriguez. He roll his eyes and smile ... or try too

ALBERTO!!! You stupido corsairs! Where are your amigos Cesar and Xim? *he laugh*

- Felipe!! Good to see ye again old hombre. It's been a long time! I know i don't come often but it's a pleasure to see you again. Xim And Flip are on duty at Puerto Del Sol. Cesar came by few hours ago but ye we're sleeping so he didn't wanted to bother you. *smirk* On this, here i am again!

- Stupido cabron. He should know i never sleep for any of you. Both of you are like my own hijos and you know it. *Smile* . What bring you around? Oh i know! You sent me a woman to have a taste of your old rum and you want to ask questions?

- You know me too well Felipe! It's always amaze me how you can read my mind. Almost like Santa muerte was talking directly to you. So anything interesting about the chikitas other than she was already drunk while she got here?

*The old man laugh*

- Not much to say. She was drunk and sleepy. She fancy rum but was shy when i offered her some of your personnal bottle. She work for OSC, seem like a typical mamacitas. You know i am a caballero so i didn't take advantage of her state to question her. The poor woman only wanted a drink, look around and head to Canaria for the night. Since she was your guest, i make sure that she got there safe.

- *chuckle* Good call Felipe. I knew i could count on you. And how you doing recently? Ye still look like ye are 30. What is the secret?

*Felipe smile and take Alberto's hand* It's the rum! Alot of it!

- Then we should start drinking. Gett my personnal bottle and get us some shots? *smile*

- One Angel of death coming your way Alberto!

*Felipe drink few shot, take care of another client, wink at Alberto. Both spend the evening chatting together and with other clients as well *