Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Aliens killing transports without a demand is bad for gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Nomads making cargo or credit demands of transports is far worse for gameplay than them blowing up said transports.
I'm sorry but this is just too silly for me to take seriously.

Last I traded in the Omicrons there were zero Nomads online. I believe this to be the rule rather than the exception. If the Nomad playerbase was a massive, active threat, there'd be some merit to changing things, perhaps.
And if they were in fact very active I'm sure the Order and Core would benefit greatly, become more active in return, and provide a solution to the traders' problems.
Speaking of battleships
I don't see how a marduk or ishtar can kill a transports in mining area with deep scanner unless you AFK

Just cruise away when you see him, simple, they all have or should have nomad sounding names

AFK transports without armor and freighter shields get shot down more often, seems fine by me as one of them

a SHF is a bigger issue for you I'd say, the nomad one is just OP

EDIT: I just let full 5ks go on my marduk and shoot miners
but seriously if you just sit there see me coming and have a paper 5k it's like you want to get shot down
(05-29-2020, 07:15 PM)Haste Wrote: [ -> ]Nomads making cargo or credit demands of transports is far worse for gameplay than them blowing up said transports.

Nomad fighter/GB which could be considered as Young Adults or New Adults pewing transports it's fine. But for the sake of balls, with just a few drops imagination in their RP.
A cruiser/battleship pewing transports from my POV is kinda eh... wrong, as inRP they would be tasked with more important things.
Just might be I don't get it right, but Nom BS is a ship oriented for RP, not for PvP, If I do get it's purpose correct.
This is so annoying seriously
First 5ks I killed in my life....
I randomly log Marduk

RP as best as I can in my weak nomad RP
meet a full 5K with no intention of destroying it at all (Only full transport I ever killed was a hegemon that started shooting at me in my SHF)
when he oorp starts quoting rules on me
And then another 5k comes does the same

Both say they will report me

And I felt almost pushed to do it so they check the rules and RP next time/bother to cruise away

It's NOT THAT HARD You see me you can Cruise away easily and if you meet me personally I will never shoot you unless you start rule quoting oorp and throwing reports around

I'm an afk trader myself Sad

EDIT: It was Azurite gas too from nomad azurite reactor, so in RP I can see a lot of people just /1 /2 shoot if they find you there stealing it. I was giving you my long RP too guys dammit and would just leave if you play along.
I had fun with your Nomad in RP! I presume it is hard to RP a Nomad/Vagrant whatever considering as they are psionic beings as to what i read! Still i have a lot to read! I have to say our situation ended in me and my friend being shot down but it was fun all the same!

And it's true if y'all don't want to be attacked by Aliens who are all about the destruction of anything but themselves you don't have to stay for the interaction!

Keep doing what your doing man!

(02-04-2007, 02:31 PM)Igiss Wrote: [ -> ]3.3 OOC (Out of Character) chat and behavior in Local/System Chat
3.5 Threatening with sanctions

+1 To that nomads making demands to transports is silly. The thing is, the way ID rules are written, if a demand is made and satisfied, you cannot engage them. Not to mention that demands must be reasonable, and you can only make one. Nomads refusing to destroy transports is silly inRP, and OORP, traders can find another route, or wait an hour. Nomad raids are infrequent enough and when they happen, humans should easily win out with sheer numbers anyway.
I wasn't making any demands, just using descriptive RP like *shriek*
:promethae examines metal object:

And in RP I think it's more than plausible a heavy Marduc wouldn't bother killing a defenseless still transport

Well OK, maybe Azurite gas mined in his backyard on top of nomad reactor it should

But I generally don't like stale role-playing that maxes out what the ID allows every time with RP being just an excuse to do it

The guys clearly didn't get the rule changes, think destroying you is enough no need to pest foxglove with a report when you understand the rules now
Quote:4.5 All IDs can attack Nomads and Wild within their own Zone of Influence. All IDs may attack Nomads to protect others while outside of their Zone of Influence, regardless of normal restrictions.

Being a nomad is hard enough already when targeted by everyone and everyone has the right to do it.

Quote: Cannot leave it's ZoI unless accompanied by K'Hara|, Vagrant. or |Aoi player ships in the same system

Being one and only fully restricted to leave ZoI completely

Quote:[10.05.2020 13:34:54] \*/~RES-Lyonnais: //Come to the same place for RP
[10.05.2020 13:35:27] Vagrant.Aion: //They sent nice invitation. Lets try to check them
[10.05.2020 13:35:52] Vagrant.Aion: //Unless they think that RP means PVP
[10.05.2020 13:36:25] Vagrant.Ninkurra: // damn
[10.05.2020 13:36:32] \*/~RES-Lyonnais: //just pvp, lmao

Being lied coming for RP even at ooRP level, and having PVP instead.

Let's just say. Nomads should not have even more restrictions on their gameplay when they are already castrated in quite of few of them, while trying to be a boogeyman to all Sirius.

When they would not have a choice to make their RP, sparing, and killing because of some logic fitting alien gameplay. It would just mean complete death.
Serious question!

Nomads and Wilds i am guessing are full Nomads by what you said!

K'Hara, Vagrants and |AOI i am presuming are Humans took over by a Nomad!

Can you give me advice and tips on how one could roleplay either a Pure nomad or a Human taken over! I am interested in trying out the Nomad restart but i'd not want to be oorp in the way i play! RP'ing AI in the beginning was hard enough also another thing is their a conventional way to name your nomad / Vagrant etc as per FL Lore!
(05-29-2020, 07:15 PM)Haste Wrote: [ -> ]Nomads making cargo or credit demands of transports is far worse for gameplay than them blowing up said transports.

Last I traded in the Omicrons there were zero Nomads online. I believe this to be the rule rather than the exception. If the Nomad playerbase was a massive, active threat, there'd be some merit to changing things, perhaps.
And if they were in fact very active I'm sure the Order and Core would benefit greatly, become more active in return, and provide a solution to the traders' problems.
Interesting POV
For me playing the one dimensional murderous alien is boring as hell when I want RP

But I suppose if Nomads do become a menace and use their Zoi to the max start disturbing mining and shooting transports it might drive some activity to those areas

Perhaps I should take my Marduc on a trip some more
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17