Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Aliens killing transports without a demand is bad for gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(03-23-2019, 11:48 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Well of course you would say that. Nomad vs Human grief is broad one but at the same time absolutely understandable. Why would Nomads demand something from transports when their majority of existence is about wiping humans from their corner of universe? Wilde/Aoi might do that, but not Nomads.

Is it really understandable if it negatively affects gameplay? We shouldn't support griefing just because of roleplay. It's the same line of thinking that removes player etiquette from pvp and roleplay encounters. There's human players behind all these ships, at the end of the day.
Deliberately choosing to fly in the Omicrons and expecting Nomads to not kill anything in sight? You can't kill me, I'm a transport?
(03-23-2019, 11:55 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Deliberately choosing to fly in the Omicrons and expecting Nomads to not kill anything in sight? You can't kill me, I'm a transport?

I once flew a Nomad ID indie to the extend of it's abilities and was considered a cancer for this community within 3 days of playing that incognito ship. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

EDIT: As much as it's within one's Roleplay to shoot the enemies, we still are also playing a game and as such we try to consider the other side. After all, preventing ganks makes absolutely zero sense inRP, but we still try to do it. There's also absolutely zero sense in actually talking to any red on HUD that is part of an enemy faction. The most inRP thing you'd do is kill him before he even noticed you or as soon as you're in range, but we do not do that, instead we try to adhere to some rules and regulations that aim to make the place more enjoyable for the community as a whole.
I agree. Just because people can fly with unarmed transports through the Omicrons without feeling endangered doesn't mean they should. For obvious reasons.
(03-23-2019, 11:57 AM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]As much as it's within one's Roleplay to shoot the enemies, we still are also playing a game and as such we try to consider the other side. After all, preventing ganks makes absolutely zero sense inRP, but we still try to do it. There's also absolutely zero sense in actually talking to any red on HUD that is part of an enemy faction. The most inRP thing you'd do is kill him before he even noticed you or as soon as you're in range, but we do not do that, instead we try to adhere to some rules and regulations that aim to make the place more enjoyable for the community as a whole.

^^^^This. I don't get why people find it so hard to understand. It's about making the game more fun, and fair, for everyone. You have to sometimes step away from min/maxing the roleplay and think "hey... maybe this extreme isn't actually good for gameplay...".

(03-23-2019, 12:02 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. Just because people can fly with unarmed transports through the Omicrons without feeling endangered doesn't mean they should. For obvious reasons.

The Nomad ID is not the only ID in the Omicrons. There are plenty of IDs with very valid reasons to intercept transports and do so in a way that is constructive to gameplay, not the insta-yeet way which Alien IDs are becoming infamous for. Remember when Nomad IDs could engage without notice, and we got rid of that because it was bad for gameplay? It's the exact same thing here. Alien IDs shouldn't have free passes and permission to grief just because they're ayy lmaos.
I'm of the strong believe that we shouldn't cater the game any further to allow players more conveniences in areas that shouldn't be convenient. Right now, a player can move from A to B at the fastest route system/map-wise without needing to consider any dangers like NPC patrols or weapon platforms. There is no blockade-breaching anymore, no need to give that 5k transport transport shields or guns, no need to plan the route more carefully. The fastest way shouldn't be the safest. And you're asking for even more convenience for transports and pull the gameplay card? Gameplay needs to remain in balance with what the environment delivers.

I think the ID should be able to demand, but not necessarily be restricted to it. I often had situations where I didn't want to kill a transport but just wanted it to drop the alien artifacts it had on it. I believe the ID can be adjusted to have this, and every nomad player can decide themselves whether they want to cater the playerbase-of-convenience that is like "I'm a transport, you can't kill me Smile" or whether they help making people reconsider whether trading in the home region of the one thing that everyone wants to be an actual threat instead of memes is a good idea.

If that compromise is so important, just make it that nomads can only kill transports in the Omicrons.
Well, if Nomads are not supposed what they logically would in the majority of cases, why don't we take a look at the server rule allowing all human IDs to treat Nomads (including their transports, and Nomads might get them in the future) as combat target anywhere? Clearly, there is an imbalance here if you accept that adjusting the Nomads is necessary. The same reasoning applies to this server rule.
(03-23-2019, 12:02 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. Just because people can fly with unarmed transports through the Omicrons without feeling endangered doesn't mean they should. For obvious reasons.

I'm very sure a transport can survive a fight versus a gunboat or cruiser 1v1 when armed and armored properly. /s

Before excuses for having such rights to just farm blue messages of easy targets without any way of retaliation was hidden under the excuse of "Oh, but that's only the official ID and we are an official faction that is invite only so we'll keep the standards high", but now there are even indie nomad IDs so what exactly is the excuse for Nomads to have special perks over other IDs? Nowadays Nomads are neither without allies, nor without players or gear to be able to play on the same level as the rest of Sirius.

But if you really want to farm transports (which can't defend themselves against anything bigger than or equal to an gunboat) just demand them to drop all their cargo. I assure you, a good number of them won't comply and let you farm those blue messages to feel good about anyways.
I'm more worried about the transports that suddenly come to Iota, Psi and Major and expect not to get shot but pirated.
(03-23-2019, 12:24 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more worried about the transports that suddenly come to Iota, Psi and Major and expect not to get shot but pirated.

I'd be ok with Nomads being able to yeet everyone in their uncontested homeworlds without prior warning. A bit like how Guard systems used to be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17