Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: >>C.O of Hotel World's End
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Transmission Begins]
To: "Erica" of the Hotel World's End
Priority: Low

Enabling video-feed
[Image: cCpmCMD.gif]

[Message Begins]
Frau Erica.

You seemed to be under impression that we had become allies of the Bretonian Crown. Normally, a man of my office would ignore such dissent, but given that I serve the People, I feel the need to address your grievances. The Sydney Accords as you and I both know them, were signed out of necessity. My choices were to follow in your steps and dissent, ordering the Military to effectively disobey the Premier's office which had already decided to ratify the Accords. It would have resulted in civil war and costed the lives of good people. Something I'd rather not do for my own ideological beliefs.

I followed the direction of the Premier's office, finding no other feasible alternative and facing the potential risk of Gallia storming into the deeper Omegas. This decision was further "justified" with heightened aggression from Corsairs basing off of Gran Canaria. I have tolerated "New Holland" as much as I've been able, before eventually reaching my limit and publicly condemning the action which I viewed as the apex of the disease we can commonly observe as excessive pragmatism. The sort that compels a man to give up on that which makes him a man.

I would offer you my sympathies for all that's happened, but I know empty words and gestures that can otherwise be labelled as "token support" would mean very little to you. But please know that I am not your enemy, I never intend to be. If the decision were mine, you would be free.

A time will come for action. And when that time comes, I'd like strong-willed people such as yourself standing beside me rather than against me. But that choice only you can make, all I can do is hope to undo the transgressions I carved into stone until such a time.

Is there a way forward for us, or has the cold calculus of survival burned the bridge?

Sirius Coalition
Коалиция Сириуса
[Transmission Terminates]
###incoming transmission###
###source: Hotel World's End###
###subject: stuff###

Hello Mister Keller,

I'm Erica Starr, owner of the Hotel. I'm pretty surprised you reached out to me after our very short conversation.
I didn't ask for the Omega-49 conflict, just as I didn't ask for the conflicts forced upon the Zoner population in the Omicrons. I would be perfectly happy just touring the edge worlds, taking on paying passengers, looking for valuables, and hunting aliens for their hides.
But our independence is under serious threat these days, the tolerance of the major powers for our independence seems to be slipping away.

When the Brets came for Gran Canaria, it was the Imperio who formed the bulk of the defending forces, and Coalition forces directly assisted our enemy against them. Your diplomacy towards the Corsairs is your problem, but your forces are partially to blame for the loss of an independent world. So you might imagine I'm no great admirer of your little Omega nation-state.

I guess I should appreciate your denouncement of that treaty, but what we really need is action. Maybe you'll show me an action I can admire, Mister Keller.

~ Erica Starr

###end transmission###