Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Visit of a Ghost.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Yuyu was indefinitely intending to uphold her word. As a part of that agreement with Nicole Burton - she was going to take herself to Trenton shortly.

As it was discussed, the Yurei flew a vessel that looked, from her point of view, neutral enough - a lone Switchblade returning generic civilian identifiers should not rise any eyebrows among the authorities at all, and that should allow the Chrysanthemum to traverse around relatively unharmed - unless she'd run into Xenos, entities extremely territorial and protective about their turf - at least that's what she'd hear.

Taisen have established a comm link with Trenton.

Yuyu Taisen to Trenton outpost, requesting docking permission. A person is expecting me aboard. Sending you my ID and designation...

A couple of moments of silence have raised concerns in her mind - what if the potentially harmful person Nicole spoke of have already managed to make some harm, and she is not getting past this point? Hopefully not.

Trenton to Taisen, you have been granted the docking clearance, proceed to hangar bay number three.

The electronic voice of an automated flight operator have dragged Yuyu out of her thoughts, the girl tilted her head, and directed the Switchblade to the marked hangar bay blast doors that have already opened in a welcoming gesture.
On the landing pad she jumped out of the ship, leaving her helmet and the flight suit in the cockpit, wearing her usual: jeans and and a jacket of the same material and an antracite-colored fitting t-shirt, the most remarkable traits of Yuyu Taisen would be her pale skin, her long hair done into a thin ponytail and a heart-shaped, pink-colored tattoo right under her left eye.
[Image: sQO4tu0.jpg]
The Chrysanthemum have approached the lobby, telling the catch phrase Nicole told her of to it's administrators.

Kon'nichiwa. I am Mr. Yao's daughter, and i would like to see Chief of Staff Burton. It is regarding the Sigma-21 construction project plans.

Surprisingly, it have went smooth. She was provided with thorough directions, with which it took her little to no time to find the office Yuyu needed. As a sign of courtesy - she knocked on the door first before entering.

The door automatically started moving, revealing a spacious office. The lightning was brighter than normal and Yuyu could faintly smell lilies in the air.

After adjusting her eyes for a few moments the young Kusarian could notice that the office was separated into three parts. One was the office desk with the flags of House Liberty and Universal proudly hanging on the wall and two chairs in front of the desk for the guests to sit. On the opposite side of the office was a holoscreen with several other equipment that Yuyu could not identify with a first glance. Nicole Burton was there along with an older man, probably an accountant the Kusarian assumed, and from what it appeared they just had finished a briefing with someone from Los Angeles, based on the iconic skyscrapers she saw on the holoscreen. And finally, on the far end of the room, a massive window revealed a breathtaking view of Planet Manhattan along with the casual traffic around the planet. Only the Interspace executives of Newark could have an ever better view than this. Next to the window, Yuyu could distinguish a wooden tea table with small chairs adjourning it. Interestingly enough, aside from this little detail all the other furniture in office were modern and sleek.

[Image: weGoraA.png]

Nicole was talking to the man but after a few moments the conversation ended, her eyes meeting those of her guest. A bright smile appeared on her face.

"Please, come in! Nicole said and walked to hug her new guest while the man exited the office. "I hope you didn't find any problems coming here." she said not as loudly as before and with a little concern in her voice.

Hello, Nicole.

It took a few seconds for the young Chrysanthemum to beat the confusion from the extensively warm welcome - in her cell, and in the movement as a whole, despite calling each other Sisters it's members never bothered to be so sentimental with each other.
Yuyu, however, honestly smiled, and, despite the initial awkward feeling and keeping in mind how Nicole said her age doesn't really matter - the awkwardness have been lifted, the girl have reached her tiny arms to wrap around the new acquaintance.

Don't worry. The flight was overall smooth... i have tried my best to attract as little attention as possible.

Taisen have truly enjoyed the prolonged hug. It was warm, comfortable and raised the desire to make it last, to see Nicole not letting go of her as long as one would even dream of.

I am glad to meet you in person.

"That's good to hear." Nicole said with a bit of relief. Being the Chief of Staff of a Big Three corporation carried significant responsibilities and powers but also rivals. Her future would be rather grim if it was revealed that she was meeting with Golden Chrysanthemums even if formally were considered as a lawful entity.

"I guess it's not every day you meet people like me." she joked and added "Thank you for coming, Yoyo." then she softly took her arm to guide her to one of the two armchairs but a few moments later she hesitated and paused. "Actually, let's sit near the window." gesturing Yoyo to follow her to the wooden tea table.

Yoyo can notice that Nicole's clothing is very expensive and formal, just like a senior executive would wear in her workplace. Nicole was wearing a black sleeveless shirt and grey trousers. She also noticed that Nicole's grey suit - which would normally wear on top of her shirt - rested on her office chair, probably she didn't have time to move it to a proper location since she got in the office.

Before reaching the tea table, Nicole turned right towards the corner.

[Image: thjxKQl.jpg]

"Would you like some tea?" she asked while typing the order for her tea in the automated computer.

That is not exactly correct. I grew in a wealthy family, my father held a shipping corporation, and i have been meeting him often enough. But his establishment was nowhere close to the one of Big Three.

Taisen left her katana by the door; it's not like a Chrysanthemum should expect to use it here, in Liberty, where her kind is still legal and is not considered to be criminals. Yuyu followed Nicole to the table, sank herself into the armchair, gazing at the view behind the reinforced glass that composed the huge window occupying the major part of the wall.

Then, she gazed at Nicole, likely getting a taste of her: expensive suit, well-groomed skin and hair.
That's exactly how Chief of Staff should look, or, at least, that's how Yuyu's imagination painted such a person - with the consideration of her previous experience.

I would believe you definitely do not meet people like me often either...

The Chrysanthemum exhaled.

... i have a certain shady secret left in my past.

"Oh, even better. I guess that means you were already familiar with the role you had to play to come in here." Nicole said while making a note to herself to remember Yoyo's little details of her past. Considering that the Kusarian was carried away and did not answer if she wanted a tea, she simply doubled the amount of tea in her order just to be safe.

For few moments later the machine made a few muffled noises because of the high pressure and heat to make the tea as quickly as possible followed by a beep, indicating that the tea was ready. Nicole then bowed on the table, took two cups from the drawer and casually poured the liquid in both. She then turned and moved towards the tea table, her eyes momentarily checking Yuyu's katana by the door. Nicole was baffled that Yuyu would carry one, she expected to meet a less traditional woman, but nevertheless it added into Yuyu's mystique.

Nicole placed one tea cup on the Kusarian's side, keeping the other one for herself. Then she took a seat opposite of Yuyu. She didn't look at the majestic view outside, her eyes warm but focused on her guest. Nicole smiled.

"What kind of shady past is that?" she asked with curiosity.

Arigatou godzaimas.

Yuyu took her cup, holding it firmly, she seemed reluctant to talk about her past, and what she have done.
Not all people might be willing to accept such news calmly. The Chrysanthemum took a sip of the tea she got offered, and once again exhaled, noticing Nicole briefly gazing at the katana left by the door. It was not a status symbol, but a weapon used for it's direct purpose.
And it have already feasted on human blood, even if just once.

In Kusari, back there, in my home - i am a condemned killer, Nicole.
I have killed my father, and have been sentenced to death.

Yuyu spoke and gulped the whole cup of tea in an instant, breathed deeply as she calmed down over the next couple of minutes; even so, she expected the worst now. Inviting over a Chrysanthemum is one thing. Finding out such details about her past is significantly different.

I had to. And i have no regrets about the blood on my hands.

While Nicole expected to hear of a crime, and had braced herself accordingly, Yuyu's answer still caught her off-guard.

That was partly because Nicole has a special relationship with her dad, she loves him and he is he person Nicole credits for helping her reach that far. Some rumors even say that Nicole would have been just an office clerk if she didn't have her dad.

"Oh I see. she would normally have offered her sympathies or perhaps some consoling words. But Yoyo seemed to have no regrets or second thoughts whatsover.

"May I ask why you had to kill your father?"

Ioshihiro... father - he was a person with a deep belief into the ideas of traditional society.
Humble and obedient - that's how the women should've been in his imagination, and i have never matched either of these traits.
So we have never been getting along.
One day - his beliefs brought him too far. He always blamed my mother for me having the personality i had. But he never raised his hand to her, did not beat her.
Back then - roughly a year ago, once i came back from school - i heard my mother's screams, and my father's voice raised.
And then... that specific sound of hits, punches. I did not hesitate, i did not go to investigate before i grabbed my katana on the second floor... i caught the two them stuck in quite an unpleasant scene.

As she spoke - it was like those memories have came back to life. A badly lit room, two figures in the middle of it, affected by the candle lightning. Her father stood to his full height, wound her mother's hair in a fist, his face was distorted by wrath and disgust, all the negative feelings have overcame his patience.
His cruelty was almost physically sensible. So was her eagerness to end this, the Chrysanthemum squeezed her katana's grip in her fists. And did not hesitate to strike, her mind was afflicted with anger and disgust, just like Ioshihiro's.
Her anger was something that driven her forward, thrown her into the dire attack, and was the last thing she remembered after a short period of outage...
... the first thing Yuyu remembered after were herself, covered in his blood, her father laying on the floor, breathless, her mother staring at her in terror.

Perhaps, back then she did not yet understand what she have done.
But she knew she had to run. And Taisen escaped, seeking refuge on the other side of the law.

He harmed my mother. He was often yelling at her, blaming her for giving birth to me, for me being the way i am.
He considered her the source of some sort of negative influence on me.
He was wrong, but never bothered to listen.
On that day - he went too far. And raised his hand for her. The same treatment was probably awaiting me.
But i wasn't anything like my mother, i did not take this lightly.
And i did not hesitate to purge that filth from the world, straight to hell.

Nicole nodded, understanding what drove Yoyo to kill her father. Perhaps there was a better way to deal with that matter but Yoyo was not rationally thinking at that moment. And how could she when she heard her mother's screams?

Nicole tried to speak for a few moments but clearly hesitated, her eyes looking Yoyo with deep sympathy. In the end she extended her hands across the table, catching Yoyo's.

"You did what you had to do. I may not meet people like you often but your secret will remain with me." she said, thankful for Yoyo's trust in her.
Pages: 1 2