Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: MRG / From: Escadron XXII / Coordination Hub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: mnqXpqz.png] INCOMING TRANSMISSION [Image: mnqXpqz.png]

[Image: PgoPa8s.png]

[Image: mnqXpqz.png]

Sender: Adelaide Gauthier, Commandant des Révélateurs
Recipients: Officiers generaux de la Marine Royale Gauloise
Message Type: Video
Encryption Strength: Absolute

*The woman salutes.* Mesieurs, mesdames. Je m'appelle Adelaide Gauthier, recently appointed as the Commandant to Escadron XXII "Les Révélateurs" of the Royal Intelligence. Our forces are currently being deployed to Leeds, and we are already enjoying the on-the-field cooperation with the main branch of la Marine, namely Commandant Pierre Vaillant and his task force. I thought that a more formal introduction was in order, and now an opportunity has presented itself.

Les Révélateurs recently joined forces with la Marine for an operation in the California system to hamper the movement of Libertonian battlegroups to the frontlines. We've collected large amounts of data during the operation, and as agreed, we are forwarding our first findings. This information falls under "strictly on a need to know basis". That is why I am contacting you directly and forwarding an encrypted data package along with this message.

It will grant you access to the after-action report about our operation in California. I assumed it would be best to let your office decide whom to grant access to this report, given that some of the data inside is of rather sensitive nature. With that settled, I look forward to future cooperation with our branches. So far it has been fruitful. *The woman salutes again.*

MARINE ROYALE GAULOISE
[Image: eS29bZ3.gif]
Nouveau message entrant.
Identifiant : Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup
Unité : Etat-major de la Marine Royale Gauloise
Destinataire : Commandant Adélaïde Gauthier, unité des Révélateurs, Renseignements Royaux Gaulois
[Image: 1515616180-isabelle-montlaville-de-chanteloup.png]
Sujet : Welcome aboard.
09 avril, 742 A.G.S.
Ile-de-France

Chanteloup appears on screen and returns the salute with a simple, soft gesture.

Commandant,

I am Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup, amiral de Gaule and chief of staff of the Marine Royale Gauloise. I'm pleased to finally make your formal acquaintance. Vaillant has been talking about you at length, as he does. In the short span of your term, your unit has already demonstrated some capacity for intelligence work, which is more than can be said for a fair amount of your colleagues. I've also taken note of your sharing an intelligence product of commendable quality with us, something that I've always had to beg for in the past. This is efficient. I like efficiency.

I'll be glad to cooperate with your unit on as many occasions as the situation dictates. Expect several requests for information on our part in the coming weeks, notably from our newest branch, the Direction du Renseignement de la Marine or DRMar. I have demanded the creation of this entity precisely to act as a liaison between my service and yours. Your cooperation will be very valued and reciprocated wherever we're able ; I've always been against the notion of healthy competition in the realms of warfare and intelligence. It is a preposterous concept that's best suited for parasitic rodents like mice and Liberty, or for small size companies. I like to think you and I are neither.

It's been a pleasure, commandant. Thank you for contacting me. Let's catch coffee and trade secrets one of these days.

Chanteloup swipes in the air and the transmission fades.

Recipients: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup

Amiral,

The pleasure is all mine. I'd be delighted to meet in person in the coming days, either when duty brings me to Ile-de-France, or you to Leeds. And rest assured, Escadron XXII will stand ready to do our part and cooperate with any branches de la Marine that require it.

On a side note, I humbly appreciate your estimation of our performance. To be entirely truthful, the efficiency is dictated not only by our choice. It stems from the currently-limited resources at our disposal. I've come to realize that it also encourages certain... leeway for creativity when approaching tasks. Anything is a means that we can utilize to our advantage.

Due to that, I would respectfully disagree with the notion that "healthy competition" is only a bad thing in our line of work. It is just another means to an end. However, there is a vast gap between what us and Libertonians call healthy. The way I see it, this difference is one of the reasons why we're at war now. But I digress; this is also something that could be discussed over coffee.

Merci beaucoup pour votre time, amiral. This channel will remain available until you have the need of me or les Révélateurs.

Recipients: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup

Bonjour again, Amiral,

It appears that duty has brought me to Gallia, albeit slightly later than I expected. After our meeting and discussion in Lorraine, I had my officers prepare the list of potential sites for the joint drills we discussed. After careful elimination, we believe we have found the perfect location: sector 6D and the surrounding sectors of the Orleanais system. There are multiple reasons for that particular area:
  1. Proximity to Picardy. The system is currently being invaded by the Council. A show of strength, albeit temporary, could dissuade them from further operations.

2. Variety of environments. A nebula and an ice asteroid field are within easy reach, and the gravity wells of multiple planets offer a good challenge to navigators.

3. Proximity to a shipyard. Maintenon Shipyard is one trade lane away, ensuring that our heavier vessels have a repair location, should it be necessary.

4. Distance from major trade routes. I assume that the trade lane to planet Blouis has the least amount of traffic in the system, especially from other Houses.

5. Proximity to Vendome Residence. It is a boon and a liability at the same time, depending on how you see it. The way I see it, it's an opportunity to demonstrate the grandeur of our military to those who visit Vendome at that time.

We could run "corvettes versus small craft" drills, or "fighter wing versus a fighter wing". Escadron XXII shall also bring heavier assets. Our capabilities in that regard are limited, as we don't have any Valeur-class vessels at our disposal. Unless you have any objections, we could coordinate our activity on a secure channel tomorrow, since the little nuisance that we came for has been disposed of already.
Another encrypted data package arrives over the same frequency, available to MRG command. The package grants access to the report about a particular Brotherhood pilot. There is no accompanying video message this time.

Recipients: Officiers supérieurs (and above) de la Marine Royale Gauloise

This is Adelaide Gauthier of Escadron XXII "Les Révélateurs", Royal Intelligence. I do not know yet, who of the commanding officers survived the blitz, and even who is in charge, so I'm sending this message to anyone capable to repsond. As per orders from our Gallic HQ, we have evacuated our Forward HQ from Leeds. For now, all our assets in Sirius have reinforced the La Riche battlegroup and the defenses of planet Bordeaux in Aquitaine.

News from the homefront look grim, but our Leeds occupation forces are in no positon to march to Ile-de-France just yet. Besides, it would be foolish of us to do on our own, and communications are in disarray. That's why I decided to reactivate this channel. In the last few days, we've that many units of the King's forces in Sirius are lost. Some defect and attempt to surrender, while others refuse to follow the orders, unsure of their origin and credibility.

I need to know where we stand, and if there is any plan apart from digging in and ensuring our own survival. Either way, coordination will be vital in the coming months.

I have ensured that this channel is secure, and added looping with point-to-point encryption. Any responses addressed to me will be encrypted separately. No other officers who have received this message will know that you replied, unless you explicitly make the message available to them.
Nouveau Message Entrant

[Image: PnPOy9K.png]

Identifiant:Amiral Nicodeme Guillory
Destinataire: Adelaide Gauthier, Commandant des Révélateurs
Sujet: Leeds and Homefront Situation
RNS-Mont Saint Michel, Ile-De-France, 26 Août 742 A.G.S.

[Image: fc310be5b8a389bb7a1e411902a8cbbf.jpg]

Commandant,

Current orders for all Marine assets are to regroup at Aquitaine, I would recommend Les Révélateurs to follow Marine assets in the retreat to Aquitaine. However it does leave us the question of what to do with the Embrum.

As for the homefront, the prospect is indeed grim. Ever since the word of Charle’s desertion of New Paris, morale has been low and Council forces seem even more emboldened. Yet our first priority is to preserve as many forces as we can in the Bretonian front. I hate to say it but the war is lost, we need to find a way to get our forces back to Gallia proper to fend of this wave of revolution. And regrouping at Aquitaine will be our first step.

Cordialements,
Amiral Nicodeme Guillory
Fin de Transmission

[Image: rVbtMhH.png]