Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer: Unreal Engine 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-22-2019, 02:09 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2019, 06:41 AM)eigos Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2019, 06:37 AM)Commissar SnakeLancerâ„¢ Wrote: [ -> ]Wait is that your own project or is this part of what Alley is doing rn?

His own, Alley is working in Unity.

Na I'm on UE4 as well.

DAMN, thought so!

Asteroids & Guns (+Fancy Textures)

Here's the newest update: I've managed to set up the first procedurally generated asteroid field & got a (very rough) weapon system set up.
The weapons system I'll admit, is barely functioning at this point, but it does what it's supposed to.

On another note, if anyone with Unreal Engine 4 experience wants to help me out on this project feel free to PM me either here or on discord (Alex [ORG]
#9077), I appreciate all help I can get.

Here's a better look at the asteroids themselves:
[Image: lRGo7au.png]

They've been created by so thank you for that!

The last thing on this list are some fancy new textures (actually they've just been up scaled by an AI).
Here's a quick comparison:
[Image: an7ATHw.png]

And here's an updated Anubis!
[Image: E5SL78t.jpg]

Another big thank you to for providing me with some additional maps for the new textures.

Okay very nice but naming it freelancer UE4 version is not very genuine considering that all you really have is a whole bunch of Freelancer assets without anything else to speak of.

This would be slightly more exciting if you had anything of a flight model to speak of but it doesn't seem like it. Maybe you could spend your time better by contributing to existing open source projects that have more in common with Freelancer than just objects floating in space (like Why485's project or Librelancer).

Nice work though, you know, fwiw.
(05-07-2019, 03:33 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]Okay very nice but naming it freelancer UE4 version is not very genuine considering that all you really have is a whole bunch of Freelancer assets without anything else to speak of.

I don't quite get your point here. It's a standalone UE4 game using Freelancer Sounds and Models because I don't have the team to recreate them, not that it would even be necessary at all. So it's a version of Freelancer that runs on the Unreal Engine 4... A Freelancer UE4 version. Not to mention that I did set up docking, planetary landing, multiple usable ships, etc. It isn't a 1:1 copy (entirely) for a good reason though.

(05-07-2019, 03:33 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]This would be slightly more exciting if you had anything of a flight model to speak of but it doesn't seem like it.

Again, I don't really get the point. The flight mechanics are currently a perfect copy of their original counterpart and I think that's clearly visible in the videos...

(05-07-2019, 03:33 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you could spend your time better by contributing to existing open source projects that have more in common with Freelancer than just objects floating in space (like Why485's project or Librelancer).

Nice work though, you know, fwiw.

Don't think I could contribute with my UE4 skills to a project that basically has nothing to do with the engine. Also this project is still just somewhat of coding exercise I just wanted to share because I thought people might be interested, not some sort of miracle remaster and it isn't anything official. Thanks though, I guess.

EDIT: For those interested, I'll be able to show off some new stuff soon. Might even be able to set up a playable demo once I got some better flight mechanics in.
It looks amazing.
Hello guys,

Creators of the Space Nebula and Starfield Plugins for UE4 here

Your projects look amazing!!!! Maybe my dream will come true one day and I'll be able to fly the Swordfish through a Jump Gate .... xD
[Image: latest?cb=20090805152447]

We would be more than pleased to give our plugins for development, if you are interested?

[Image: VQESCLJk9DT71-aHQ9jDDQOGBRJaP1_PNeamBgax...74-h724-no]
(05-14-2019, 12:59 PM)Lee_Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

Your projects look amazing!!!! Maybe my dream will come true one day and I'll be able to fly the Swordfish through a Jump Gate .... xD

We would be more than pleased to give our plugins for development, if you are interested?

Wow, these looks awesome. And that's quite a lucky coincidence actually as I've been struggling with 3d nebulae for quite a while now, so your help is immensely appreciated. I'll send you a PM (sun)
(05-14-2019, 12:59 PM)Lee_Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

[Image: latest?cb=20090805152447]

[Image: VQESCLJk9DT71-aHQ9jDDQOGBRJaP1_PNeamBgax...74-h724-no]

Funny to see you here, I've read your thread on the UE forums in 2016 when you first posted about it and was blown away by what you managed to accomplish. I had no idea you were a Freelancer fan.

I'd absolutely love to see if it's possible to integrate your work in Project Starflier.
hope, u will finish it , looks Incredible, Better Then Freelancer 2 ,they canceled, you can create whole new level for game, like walking Around on planets, stations, and shooting, Dungeon type missions on planets ,Wreaks of old stations like in zone 21, nomad worlds, etc it just open up whole new exploration on big scale. Wonderfull work. Just make it happen, The Freelancers Universe.
Main post updated!
Unfortunately no new videos at this time, I actually wanted a video to go live with this update but for some reason my sun stopped working which looked rather stupid. I did however add a few new images to the post!
New video will (hopefully) follow shortly.

EDIT: Also, , thx Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3