Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Golden Chrysanthemums GC|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 3mpAMfA.png] Sender: Akemi Shinkai
[Image: 3mpAMfA.png] Location: Tau-37, Freeport Ten
[Image: 3mpAMfA.png] Ship ID: Lost.Hours
[Image: 3mpAMfA.png] Encryption: Average
[Image: 3mpAMfA.png] Subject: An honest inquiry | Honne and Tatemae

[Image: EDYTL6Z.png]

To the highly esteemed Golden Chrysanthemums,

Allow me to formally introduce myself. My name is Akemi Shinkai, captain of the Lost Hours. A pleasure to meet you. We have crossed paths on two separate occasions, with two completely different results.

Few weeks ago, which was delightful. Today, slightly less so. If you don’t mind, I’ll describe the events from my point of view, and after that, I’d like to hear the story from your side.

While I’m quite sure it was a misunderstanding on my part, some things are… rather unclear.

First and foremost would have to be the hacker involvement, or rather, their initiation on the matter. I would think that Shikoku is not within their jurisdiction, yet they had the first say on the matter. An Egodystonic behavior on their part, it would seem. Honne and tatemae.

Second, would be my inquiry on your stance about my presence. At a previous occasion, you didn’t seem to be bothered by me conducting piracy in the Shikoku system. If that changed, feel free to inform me right here, and I’ll be sure to adjust my behavior. Should I be able to aquire a permit, I’d be more than glad to apply for one.

I’ll attach the blackbox logs on the matter, so you can see it for yourself. Hopefully I haven’t caused too much trouble for you.

Kindly look after this matter for me.

I hope this message finds you in good health.

Akemi Shinkai

ATT: ***
[Image: GCComm_Chanai1.png]

Konbanwa, Shinkai-san.

I believe we did not have the pleasure yet. I am an 覆面エージェント, gomen-ne, undercover agent, of the small intelligence branch serving directly under the Advisors of the Empress.

⧫ Your issue

You were right to contact us, Shinkai-san. Judging by your words and the provided blackbox information, the Lane Hackers claimed Shikoku to be their territory. This is indeed false. According to the set paragraphs in our alliance with the Lane Hackers, their claim of space ends in the independent worlds between Kusari and Liberty space. This can be considered a violation of a treaty this bases on. Unfortunately, the representative of ours at the scene, namely Miki Tanaka, rather went with their attitude and decided to assist them.
The less complicated way for us all will be to set up a permit for your actions in the Shikoku system. The Lane Hackers will be informed of this change after you have signed the permit. Following this, your operations should be able to continue unhindered.

⧫ The solution

Here the permit form:

Code:
⧫ The contractor will only engage into acts of piracy within the Shikoku system: [Sign here]

⧫ The contractor hereby accepts to provide visual evidence of any act of piracy conducted: [Sign here]

⧫ The contractor will make a monthly check in by themselves on this channel, paying a tax of 15% of all profits gained to a specified neuralnet account:   [Sign here]

⧫ The contractor will not attempt to pirate vessels belonging to allies of the Golden Chrysanthemums:  [Sign here]

⧫ The contractor may receive extra credits for forcing transports carrying one of the following goods to drop their cargo and destroy it. In case of slaves attempt to rescue as many as possible to the best of the contractor's abilities. The goods are: Artifacts, Xeno Relics, Slaves.
(Exceptions to this point are the following transponders: GC|, LH~, QC|, NC-)

Disclaimer: Violation of the piracy contract will lead to the contractor being set as "KoS" target within Kusari.

I hope this will do the trick. Gomen-ne for the trouble this caused you. I hope for you that you respect our deal though, it would be a shame to get rid of such a beautiful face, especially when it could be a possible sympathizer.

Signed, Agent Chanai, 覆面エージェント.

[Image: FZ7he12.png]
[Image: 3mpAMfA.png] Location: Tau-37, Freeport Ten
[Image: 3mpAMfA.png] Subject: RE: Permit

Konbanwa, Agent Chanai

I'll leave the matter to you then, I reckon it's a rather touchy subject. Hopefully nothing problematic will happen from now on.

The filled out permit form is enclosed below.

Akemi Shinkai

[Image: 3mpAMfA.png] Location: Omega-7
[Image: 3mpAMfA.png] Subject: Checking in.

Konbanwa.

There isn't much for me to report, but I'll gladly share the few encounters I had in the previous month.

2 Instances of piracy. Income as listed: **** ****
There were quite a few stubborn traders reduced to dust. Nothing notable to mention, except for maybe this one:
I have managed to loose the guncam footage, so consider this one the icing on the cake.

I would like to be exempt from these monthly check ups, as I will not be operating in the area. Should I stumble upon something interesting, I'll be sure to send a message. For example, a few pictures taken during my Bering trip. In the event that I do return to the Shikoku system, I'll be sure to notify you of all piracy encounter I had.

Please enclose an account name, as to where I should transfer the 15% mentioned in the contract.

I hope this message finds you in good health.

Akemi Shinkai

[Image: GCComm_Chanai1.png]

Konbanwa, Shinkai-san.

It is good to hear from you again. There was no need to remind you of the contract, a good sign.

⧫ Your report

Consider yourself free of any payments for the coming month. It is a pleasing sight to see that you have successfully stopped an Artifact smuggler. This shall reduce the required payment to us from roughly 1 million credits down to 250.000 credits. The account you can wire the credits to is: GC|Susanoo .
Take it as an encouragement to give more Artifact traders what they deserve, either by turning them into dust or robbing them of their profit.

The pictures sent are interesting. While Auxesia has not been a bother for a long time, it is good to know what sort of assets they call their own. Arigato for sharing such intel. Future intel which could be of interest to us - not just Auxesia - but also smugglers, Corsair activity, Rheinland Authorities will be compensated in a fair way.

Good luck for your hunting elsewhere, we'll be happy to see you return in good health.

Signed, Agent Chanai, 覆面エージェント.

[Image: FZ7he12.png]

Automated attachment(s): ****