Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Geoff Enfield | Private
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: UMPXT6B.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID:Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: ACHLYS
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Greetings

____

Hello, Geoff.

I heard you got stabbed, so I tried stopping in a couple of times to check up on you. Unfortunately your lackeys are annoying. I hope you're doing okay though, for real.

Given what I've heard on the news, heard in person and recently read while sitting at my desk this evening, I was hoping you'd be willing to shed some light on just what the hell is going on down there? Why do I have an agent reporting Military cooperation with The Unioners? Just this afternoon one of our heavy patrols scared off a minor contingent of those degenerates from a neighboring region, while watching for additional Core vessels. They were in Liberty, by the way.

So, tell me what you can, maybe a bit of what you shouldn't, and definitely every-damn-thing you can't. It seems like an actual shitshow down there.

- Hunt

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
[Image: SBd0bqR.png]
Direktor Enfield
[Image: mnhfMji.png]

Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts
Encrypted Video Transmission

.......● RECIPIENTS:.........Joshua Hunt
.......● SENDER:-..............Geoffrey Enfield
.......● LOCATION:............[ERROR]
.......● PRIORITY:..............█ █ █
.......● SUBJECT:..............--

To: Joshua Hunt

I'm fine and I've had worse as going 6 months without some notable injury is itself an anomaly, and my agents are doing their job so you either put up with it or don't come to the Republic at all.

The war in the sigmas has overstepped the line to a border conflict and has turned to an outright invasion of Kusari itself, while the stability of the Federal Republic is at risk due to them committing forces to the front while exposing the rest of Rheinland to ongoing internal conflicts. Anything I'm going to say has already been said in my report. This intelligence isn't just being sent by you, I'm getting sent this left to right so I know that this is going on and recent meetings with my contacts are showing that the Unioners are attempting to enlarge the power the Military have on both a social and government level. Why? I don't know but all I can think of a solution that doesn't cause complications is to just shoot them.

So its down to this, Rheinland is having a quake within its Political divides of power. Serious yet unsurprising. I'm upto my neck on Government, Military and Corporate pressure but they're relying on me to back down first, something for the sake of the Agency and my men, that I'm not going to do.

From,

Direktor Geoff Enfield
Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts, Oberkommando

[Image: gC44zb5.png]
[Image: nr1x4OM.png]

Message End

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

____

Geoff,

Whatever they're up to is more or less irrelevant. Provide me with whatever tactical information you can on the Unioners. Fleet compositions, commander files - anything relevant. They've been getting a little too close to home, and you know me - I like to solve problems before they manifest.

In the meantime, definitely do not quit your job. Chances are this is some corruption, likely brought on by everyone's least favorite bunch of pirates given the evidence we've all seen now. It's possible their contact is nothing more than a plant, or someone sympathetic to their movement for whatever reason. Their current situation as I understand it is not good. I'm going to make it worse.

And come on, Geoff. Agents or not you know I don't really care about regulations. You could've saved me a lot of trouble by taking my call when I was in the area.

- Hunt

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
Direktor Enfield

.......● SUBJECT:..............--

All that we do know is that the area within Bering is their hive ground for now. Other sectors seem to be either hidden or just sparcely controlled. I'm unable to commit any forces to them as the same with you, but I have the task of securing the Core systems from any further attacks, especially Hamburg. You're a fraction the size of the Unioners in manpower so the best we can do is contain them, Bering is a hot bed of activity so I'd be cautious, besides the fact that I don't know what you or they did to ensure that you had justification to shoot each other...

But whatever the case is, you are shooting them. When I saw your intel first, I was sceptical, mostly thinking this was some Idiot trying to bluff their way out of being shot, but it turns out something is up. Someone managed to leak communications my way and I've got comm-logs of what seems to be Military forces RV'ing with the Unioners for... Something. I can't nail anything on it yet legally but all I can hold is speculation; but its enough to get my officers concerned. SIGINT and recon teams have noticed an amount of activity in Hamburg near Veirlande's wreck as if they're doing something to it and I've ordered a task force to investigate it.

Ship wise, we don't know what their assets are, most likely large amounts of small strike craft, limited number of basic cruisers.. But we do have intel on the UN|GEIST-KKS-Sirene, a strange vessel and according to information on our database is a "Original spyglass" system which must be a database error... Regardless, Its classed as a Battleship in terms of vessel operations and is a prime target for our fleet if we can get the drop on it. Although for us that will have to wait.

Like it or not, you're in my space as it stands on paper so follow regulation and quit whining like an arse, take it on the chin for once. I can't be out in the open all the time now, at least put some electrodes together and realise why.

From,

Direktor Geoff Enfield

Message End

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

____

Geoff,

You really should lighten up and laugh once in a while.

The history between the Covenant and the Unioners movement has been something along the lines of background noise over the years. They attempted to attack one of our operatives in Hudson, only to fail. Then a convoy in Frankfurt, only to fail again. Following that, they decided they ought to declare war on us after failing to exert their will on our assets. At this point we realized they were valuable as training targets, thus we'd send recruits, trainees and low-level operatives into Bering to improve upon their individual abilities. Sometimes we'd send hunting parties in for fun.

As of late, they've been getting closer to our territory and in larger numbers. So this is preemptive resolution seeking. While they've got the numerical advantage, over the years so did every combat force we've had to deal with. Individually they don't stand a chance against us, and even with numbers they're going to struggle. They lack the combat discipline of a real fighting force, and the strategic intuition. I mean hell they announced their secret contacts for all of their enemies to hear like it was a good idea. In any case, we've accounted for the numerical difference, and are in the process of receiving updated tactical information from some locals who were operating in the area to accommodate any serious movements we may end up making.

I'm also aware of this 'Spyglass' you mentioned, based on intel received from some independent operatives we've built a working relationship with. Quite surprising, but nothing that can't be dealt with using newer alternatives or an appropriately delegated task force. It's outdated now. As you've verified its existence as another source, that gives me further justification to include in my presentation to the Inner Phalanx.

So don't worry about us. Just keep me posted on anything you come across, and I'll do the same. I've got strings to pull.

- Hunt

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Keeper Leviathan
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tbarlevia.png]

Hello again, Geoff. I've got some news regarding our mutually problematic neighbors.

We've recently authorized an operation with the use of hand-picked contractors and associates to create a diversion in the Southern Independent Worlds, focused on our mutual friends in the Union. Unfortunately the situation in our neck of the woods still has us occupied, and thus we cannot divert more than a Special Operations team to monitor and hinder the after-effects of the surgical strike by that which we've dubbed Red Squad. The operation details will be included in this transmission.

The mission file has been declassified. I said I'd get you an opportunity and cause a distraction, so here it is. Please don't waste it.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
Direktor Enfield

.......● SUBJECT:..............Bonus Assignment

This is good news, we knock the hive off its tree and let the others come crawling to their help. Since the Unioners are technically being choked in that region by whatever contract forces you've accumulated along with your own ships, this should remove some pressure off our shoulders. Keep tabs on what you see and be prepared with your guncams at all times just in case any parties of interest try to defend the Unioners in this attack.

But theres one thing I have to ask of you, we need to ensure supplies to that facility are stopped or at least delayed, this includes repair materials, makeshift equipment or refurbished electronics. Their stuff may not be premium but I'm sure that their creativeness in resource-barren areas may prelude to their hideout's repair. But we might have use for them too...

Since my announcement, most of the corporate heads here locally aren't taking it too well with the agency and a few of our programs have been delayed as of such. What the Unioners need, we need more; and with a price tag to match. Any materials you find being taken to pacifica, try to capture and re-route to our depots located on Mainz Storage Facility. Each salvageable component or material can bag you a $10,000USC bonus, we need those supplies. Just provide photographic proof of capture and proof of drop off.

From,

Direktor Geoff Enfield

Message End

identified: Keeper Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tbar_rave2.png]

Good day, Geoff.

All is going well so far, we've drawn out a healthy amount of critters and received several scans. Aside from a large amount, nothing too fascinating, of capital vessels, you shall be receiving a data list about our discoveries when this blows over. It's a gold mine for tagging. They believe that they're 'winning' - heheh.

Anyway. It appears they had slipped momentarily, with their new... ah... friends. The other was sane enough to hold up the act. They're keeping an eye, they know, Geoff. I recommend you observe on the Rheinland side of their plans.

On another point, more samples have been deposited. Feel free to send the money to A/)-ACV-Eidolon.Wraith

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
identified: Guardian Dozerua Zozen
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tbar_wasser.png]

Good day Director Enfield. I hereby announce another succesfull delivery of 58 Units of Refurbished Electronics. Feel free to send the money to A/)-Nyarlathotep

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
identified: Keeper Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tbar_rave2.png]

Hello again.

I am calling off the attack and pulling back our squadron back to our space to return to other more imperative interests. These rookies did a good job of keeping them occupied while we deal with the Bretonians.

Now, despite the odds, our small taskforce there has valiantly managed to destroy, distract and provoke the Unioners in the sector with efficiency, whilst also managing to stop and identify the majority of the traffic inbound from the underworld to their station. Not many organisations can do that with so little numbers, the underworld has many profiteers of various colours, it is always inevitable that some small runners will get through.

Due to the amazing performance of our people, with a little assistance of the Unioners delusional tendencies of egotisical victory, we managed to provoke some of their larger assets out. This should give you a good idea of what to expect from the region. It is inevitable that there are more assets who are willing to transfer cells to assist them. I also suspect these assets will attempt to defend the prison station you have shown us in our previous visit.

Additionally, you have another delivery.

If you require anything else, do say. We will be listening. You should also really consider paying a visit for some tea, I'm sure some relief of privacy and security would be nice from crazies trying to kill you.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
Pages: 1 2