Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Auxesian Inner Phalanx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Navy
First Fleet Admiralty

Vice Admiral Nathaniel Davies

To whom it may concern:

I am Vice Admiral Nathaniel Davies, speaking on behalf of the Liberty Navy itself and the Republic-at-large. I come to you today with a notice and a warning, one that I believe should hopefully adjust your beliefs of your current status in Liberty with reality.

The Battlegroup Auxesia of the past and your current organization were originally barred and exiled from Liberty for, amongst other crimes, consorting with, aiding, and abetting the actions of the Hellfire Legion, a treasonous entity that amounts to one of our greatest existential threats. Our path toward war was only halted by the pleadings of the Kingdom of Bretonia and wise actions of my successor, Admiral Jones, who saw fit to call a cease-fire predicated on your cooperation with Liberty Law, and as such, your abandonment at least in association with the Hellfire Legion.

Thus, imagine our collective shock as the crew of the Maryland watched an entire Auxesian task force, led by what very much appears to be a former Legion capital vessel, plow their way through New York without so much as a care in the world. Our concern and anger as your crews flippantly ignored several orders to halt or even answer questions from both Navy officers and Security Force agents. The incredulity at seeing Auxesia then use hired Freelancers to stall pursuing officers as they made their escape above New York's star.

These are not the actions of a group that has learned to respect and cooperate with its neighbors. These are not a few minor transgressions, the growing pains of a rebuilding relationship. This is a flagrant, blatant act of defiance in the capital planet of a very cooperative and very forgiving Republic. One that would put aside repeated coordination with her most defiant enemies in order to build cooperation and trust. Trust that you, evidently, have decided to cast aside in some misguided show of force while our men and women desperately try to help the Bretonians hold the line, so very far from home.

In the spirit of the Auxesian ceasefire signed by my successor, and the wishes of the Kingdom of Bretonia, we will leave Auxesia's status within Liberty as it was for the time being. However, there will be no lenience in the application of its regulations. Auxesian vessels trespassing within the House of Liberty will have one, and exactly one, opportunity to turn around before they will be disabled or destroyed. Auxesian capital vessels or illegal craft will be immediately impounded and seized, in accordance with Liberty law regarding foreign capital vessels. Any further violations of the treaty, no matter how slight, will be treated as the document's dissolution.

I expect your organization's full cooperation with this matter.

Nathaniel Davies
VADM, 1FLT
Liberty Navy

Attached files: [1] [2] [3] [4]
Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Curator Firmitas
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: mOWKs70.png]

Good afternoon, Admiral.

I wish we were meeting under sunnier skies. To call this incident and those preceding it "disturbing" would be a gross understatement. You have my word and that of the entire Covenant that such events won't occur again. We fully intend to respect the sovereignty of the Republic and refrain from entering into Libertonian space in the first place. Regrettably, I believe much of this confusion and tension could have been avoided with the fulfillment of one of our ceasefire clauses from long ago. I believe it would be in the best interest of the Republic of Liberty and that of the Covenant of Auxesia to establish a formal diplomatic channel for expedient and confidential communication.

Additionally, while I will not attempt to excuse our misconduct, you are at least owed an explanation. We arrived in New York with the intention of confronting a known Nomad sympathizer and terrorist organization known as The Commune. They made their presence known during our foray, and you doubtless have records of their actions and intent. If we are to not engage them in Liberty, then for the hope of all freedom-loving peoples of Sirius, we hope you will at least accept any form of aid we can provide you in combating them.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Navy
First Fleet Admiralty

Vice Admiral Nathaniel Davies

'Curator':

I am glad to hear that you appear to have found reason again. By the time you receive this message, an open channel should be established between the 'Covenant' and the Republic itself, where perhaps you can explain yourselves more clearly before you go about the wanton disregard of our laws and procedures.

Your explanation is appreciated but, unfortunately, there is already precedent baked into our agreement for such action. If you believed the agent(s) of the Commune to be such a threat, the proper protocol as established in the cease-fire agreement would be to contact those officers you wholly ignored on the scene, and acquire their permission to enter the House and assist in the capture of such agents inside Liberty, rather than acting as a group of violent, second-rate vigilantes in total disregard of the law. I believe the saying in common parlance is that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, but you'll find that there is no legal precedent as such. It is nothing more than a combination of our forgiveness and pure happenstance that those vessels which violated our sovereignty do not currently find themselves as part of the Jersey debris field.

I hope that, for your organization's sake, your current words more than your previous actions to-date. Such leniency on our part is unprecedented, especially in this time of war. I hope you understand that.

Sincerely.

Nathaniel Davies
VADM, 1FLT
Liberty Navy

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.