Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: OSI- || CC: Velvet, IRG, Zoner Administrators of Omicron Theta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: MdSzZr8.png]

To all whom it may concern,

I believe we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I've come into my office today with a few reports flying across my desk, from both my organization and yours - and I hope to clear the air a little and negotiate something that might be more beneficial than biting words and empty threats that we can't necessarily take back.

Two days ago, the SFV Fireline Road commanded by one Aubrey McKnight - a fine delivery pilot of ours, so I'm told - made a food delivery as per a contract received from Gran Canaria's refugee centers. As the Colossus-class landed and began to offload, thousands - literal thousands, I'm told - of migrants flooded the docking bays, overwhelming the paltry security guards that the Bretonians had set up. They begged and hollered for passage aboard a ship clearly not fit for passenger travel, and our young pilot made a decision to do what he could in the moment.

Arriving a short time later at their preferred destination of Omicron Theta, the Fireline Road pulled into moor at Corfu Base to discover a very similar situation. The station, clogged with personnel, a wait time measured in the days for these starving, tired people to be processed and placed down on-planet. Aubrey, trained as with all of our delivery pilots in the basics of hydroponics, knew just from the smell of the air that the base's life support systems were stretched to their absolute limit. To put down on that base and let out those people would essentially be committing grand-scale murder.

Instead, he organized for the pickup and delivery of the persons roughly five-hundred at a time onto the surface itself, via our atmo-capable high-velocity delivery vehicles, aka "Hotshot" freighters. Of course, such a release onto the planet left them without official registry, and this is of something we've worked with your officials on Corfu to since correct, but ultimately we believe that such a course of action was necessary to save lives. Aubrey recommended the program be continued in lieu of our normal contracts with the IRG, and our adjunct office in Stuttgart agreed. A small loading and unloading dock, titled the 'Pygar Relief Center', was hastily constructed in orbit of Planet Pygar. The vessels Fireline Road and Salton Sea were re-directed to start full-time transportation of migrants to the dock, after being re-fitted with as many accommodations as possible to make the short trip as safe and comfortable as could be in retrofitted cargo transports. Hotshot freighters then regularly off-loaded the migrants down to the planet's surface, once the necessary intake data was collected and stored for eventual communication with your counterparts at Corfu.

This operation continued for some time, I'm told, before Velvet security officials happened across the operation and ordered it to immediately cease, and threatened to remove the dock by force if necessary. While I understand that this ad-hoc operation was made evidently in some violation of Zoner laws, ones that we did not intend to infringe upon in the slightest, I would make it clear that we did so with the best of intentions. Our operation here was run as efficiently as could be given our considerable expertise in logistics and shipping, while ensuring the accuracy of data collection for your immigration purposes and safety of the passengers during the dangerous trip in the Border Worlds. As I've been told, to-date our transports haven't even come across a hostile vessel or pirate, thanks in part to the efforts of our enforcement division and the security vessels we have since dispatched to the dock.

We are willing to reposition or deconstruct the dock if necessary, although we strongly wish to discuss alternatives to simply packing up and going home. Our assessment of your operations at Corfu are, while well-meaning, significantly lacking in resources comparative to the necessary demand from Gran Canaria. We believe that the most effective method of handling this is a parallel operation where we can cooperate in partnership without necessarily infringing upon Corfu or vice versa. To that end, we are willing to comply with any restrictions you deem necessary to this operation, be it the replacement of our cargo vessels with state-of-the-art liners (as I'm told, the liner Arcadia is already being outfitted at Stuttgart for such a task), or the repositioning of the base to a farther orbit from Corfu and Pygar. Of course, we will also be more than happy to take care of any fines levied for this installation's prior construction.

I'll last leave with a minor note - on the nature of our operation. Synth Foods works as a beneficiary, a rarity in its corporate brethren. Many of our employees, myself included, first joined the company out of a genuine desire to provide for others. To suggest otherwise, especially after our history with Sirius in general and Zoners in specific, is nothing short of an insult. To speak ill of our house of origin, Liberty, especially in their desperate time of war against the evil Gallics that led to this chain-reaction of despair throughout the Omegas is perhaps an even greater affront.

Quote:[25.05.2019 16:24:21] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: And remove this base from Orbit
[25.05.2019 16:24:38] Synth|Aubrey.McKnight: We'll see.
[25.05.2019 16:24:45] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: No, it will
[25.05.2019 16:24:53] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: Either decontructed, or destroyed
[25.05.2019 16:24:55] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: Your choice

[25.05.2019 16:43:50] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: I was willing to work with Syth if they wish
[25.05.2019 16:44:06] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: But now, i dont wish to see your ships here
[25.05.2019 16:44:12] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: Make sure that base is removed within the week

[25.05.2019 16:46:27] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: I FOUGHT for that planets Freedom DAMMNIT! WHILST LIBERTY LICK AT THE HEELS OF BRETONIA!

[25.05.2019 16:47:43] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: We had our home taken away from us by Bretonia
[25.05.2019 16:47:50] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: And Liberty could of stepped in
[25.05.2019 16:47:51] Velvet|Grey:: Protect us from the Gauls?
[25.05.2019 16:47:55] Velvet|BK-Kaldra: Von: But no, they did nothing
[25.05.2019 16:48:13] Velvet|Grey:: Please the Navy are too busy kissing there ass instead of fighting

I wish to work together with our long-time associates, partners, friends in the Zoner communities, but this kind of talk will get us nowhere. I understand the grave situation in the Omegas, and the terrible acts that Bretonia has conducted in the recent months - acts we have already condemned them for, publicly and privately. We wish to work beyond these boundaries, beyond the petty squabbles the Houses have made us so accustomed to...but if this kind of posturing is the method of negotiation the new administration has taken on, then that shall be that. We can very much take your officials at their word, and leave the migration process to your, ehm, capable hands.

With my sincerest regards,

Jay Stevens
C.E.O., Synth Foods Inc.

[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: LeZKZpr.png]
To: Jay Stevens
Ship: Bodhi
Subject: Pygar Migrants Issue.
Encryption: Average

Although I do not know the details of this operation, I am deeply saddened by the treatment of Gran Canaria migrants in general by Bretonia. During the original takeover by Bretonia, there was a brief moment where many vessels where transporting those desperate huddled masses in any ship that mattered. Those days, where of desperation and for some profit. Since the crisis has died down considerably and the fact these migrants have suffered enough. We have made some regulations in transporting human cargo, as much as any of the Inner-House would do. I understand your position, and from my heart I thank you for bringing who you could in your larger transports but our rules have to be respected. Bringing a Liner or more to assist would ease our tensions and my concerns for their well-being. As for the station, perhaps moving it further away shall alleviate some worries. I personally do not mind it's current placement, but it is against the rules of the NFZ and ultimately it is the call of Mister Voncloud.

As for the unwise words of Mister Voncloud, I cannot be critical without the full context. We all say things we regret in the heat of the moment, to criticise him based solely on unsourced quotes would be very unfair and only bring more suffering. This combined with the high-stress position of a Velvet pilot means I am sympathetic of his anger. It was misplaced, surely but I am sympathetic. So to clear all things, I believe the use of Liners shall alleviate some concern. As for the use of freighters to shuttle down onto Pygar, I personally do not issues with this.

Yours sincerely, Probational Administrator Sun Koken

Message End
[Image: 164484-avallonist_1024x768.jpg]
[Image: Velvet_V.png]
==Incoming Transmission==
ID: Melissa Jones, Administrator Of Freeport 11 and Leader of Velvet Wing.
Date: 25th May, 826 A.S.
Encryption: ***Unbeatable***
Subject: OSI- || CC: Velvet, IRG, Zoner Administrators of Omicron Theta.

Mr. Stevens, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Melissa Jones, leader of Velvet and Administrator of Freeport 11.

Now, the direct area around Pygar is Vonclouds responsibility. I will throw in my two cents, but this is his area, and ultimately, his call.

Now, I will start by referring you to the Rules of the No Fire Zone. It clearly states in Rule 7, regarding the use of bases within the No Fire Zone. 15 kilomoteres, as per rule Number 7. Until the new rules are brought in, we work off the old ones.

Now, as far as I see it, the deconstruction of the base should happen immediately, as it's in direct violation of the rules, that are enforced fairly and equally. This is ENTIRELY Vonclouds call, this is my two cents. Any request to replace the station should go directly to him.

I have also spoken to Voncloud, who will be able to provide a transcription of a conversation regarding some form of "Death camps" on Canaria, that McKnight mentioned. I would be very grateful if these logs could be retrieved, as that could be an important piece of information that we have no heard.

Now, personally, I would like to work with Synth on other matters. But if my pilots are bad mouthing people, and attempting to cause problems, rest assured, I will have words with them. However, please understand, that when it comes to such politics, it can get very touchy.

Again, this is my request, but it is Vonclouds call on enforcing it as Pygar is his responsibility, is that the base be removed, and the proper channels gone through.

Melissa Jones - Leader Of Velvet - Administrator Of Freeport 11
== End Transmission==

Administrator Koken, Administrator Jones,

Thank you for your timely responses. I understand the touchiness of the situation, and that our pilots are not entirely without fault either. I just wished to try and defuse the situation before any of us spoke upon actions or threats that we might not be able to take back. Such a thing would be a truly terrible tragedy.

I will await Voncloud's statement in this matter, then, but rest assured we have already complied with some of your other regulations. I can confirm that the transports Fireline Road and Salton Sea have been decommissioned in this task, set back to their normal contracts with other Zoner installations hauling normal cargo. In their place, we have hurriedly completed the construction of our expeditionary force vessel Ambrosia, and her assistant vessels Beverage Base, Archipelago, and Bacchanalia. They have begun operating alongside other contractor vessels of similar spec, all of whom have had their entire interiors replaced with luxury-class seating akin to OS&C craft, with crash-couch rating taken directly from the Bison-class transport. This has left them with little to no internal space for defensive equipment other than standard armor plating, but thanks to the development of the Ambrosia's point-to-point jump drive, the migrants' once dangerous trip through the Omegas and Omicrons is now little more than a thirty minute wait with the occasional side effect of space sickness.

The migrants are then offloaded on the relief center as per normal, processed appropriately, and shuttled down to the planet in our passenger-rated "Hotshot" craft for final processing and delivery on-planet. We hope to continue the operation until minus one day from de-orbit, as you may have noticed the relief center is in a low-energy orbit, calculated to bring the station down once our relief efforts come to a close. If the Zoner communities would rather see this become a longer-term operation under Synth Foods backing, we can see about raising the orbit of the installation and expanding it to become an even larger bureau for handling of all operations alongside Corfu, but that discussion can wait until the one at-present has been handled.

I hope that these accommodations ease some of the pressure on this incident, and I look forward to our continued cooperation. If there is anything more we can do to help, feel free to let us know.

Jay Stevens
C.E.O., Synth Foods Inc.

Date: 26th May May, 826 A.S.
Subject: Base Status.

Mr. Stevens, thank you for your quick response.

Now, to confirm, Zoners of the Velvet organisation are currently disallowed access to this station. As you can understand, we have to account for our people. I would request that we given immediate access, should your base be allowed to stay.

I will be willing to negotiate a deal. However, as you have gone out of your way to break the No Fire Zone rules, and without letting us know that you had any intentions of doing this. You know, had you informed us of your intentions, we would have readily assisted. As I have a large section of my own Logistics department assisting with these matters, and who have been for the past few weeks.

Now, the raising of a structure without our knowledge within the No Fire Zone in itself is a BIG no no. There is 0 exception to this. Synth Foods as a corporation will immediately submit to a fine of 75 million for the damages caused to our own efforts with not being able to account for our own people, being locked out of the station, and raising the station without a prior agreement.

However, before negotiations can begin, there are a few things I must address, that I can't stop thinking about. The situation on Corfu, as stated by your pilot is an out right lie. I would like to squash this rumor before it spreads, and someone decides to lie about both of our reasons for these efforts. Now, I can tell you, in the initial stages of the migrant crisis, this was very much the case. However, since the construction of "The Consensus Multiplex" which has been purpose build for this reason, no such issues have been happening for the past 2 months.

As well, because we have the Multiplex set up to deal with the Migrant Crisis, there is no need for a further installation. I know that Voncloud informed Aubrey McKnight around 2 days ago upon this initial kerfuffle that the base was to be dismantlement in 7 days. Leaving you 5 left. This audio log should hopefully jog some memories. I would suggest that any of the Zoner Population are transferred to the Multiplex, and your people evacuate the station and take what you can from the components.

Like I said, as soon as we can begin a proper conversation, without the lies and without going behind each others back, then we can work together. Until then, while your efforts are appreciated, this is NOT how the Zoner population, especially those with whom I have spoken, are comfortable doing. Once we have ironed out these problems, then we can work together, for our own benefits. I want my people safe, and you can be well compensated for your efforts.

== End Transmission==

Administrator Jones,

I appreciate your candid nature, but I must unfortunately disagree with some of your assertions. As I understand it, the laws in question are those found in the now-defunct laws of the Confederation of Freeports, laws that very much agree with your statement that our installation is in violation of the Zoner NFZ laws, specifically the NFZ of Corfu and the general system of Omicron Theta. That being said, nowhere in the laws of the CoF does it mention any necessity for any Zoner group, Velvet or otherwise, be given access to the installation for any purpose, nor can I find any regulation in any codex of Zoner law that states a minimum level of immigration information that must be handled in re the migrant situation. I would, of course, note a similar lack of any such regulation in regards to the transport of Zoner persons, but we have graciously complied with that request both out of a concern for the safety and comfort of the migrants fleeing Canaria and in respect of your wishes as administrators.

That being said, I cannot in good faith accept false charges levied upon our organization for laws we could not have possibly known about. If you could direct me to the codex that states these regulations, I would be most thankful. If perhaps there was some mis-communication, and the fine of 75 million credits is purely for the illegal installation placement, then by all means we are willing to pay it, so long as you offer us a neural net routing account for the funds to be delivered to. However, I cannot abide by having our single infraction being turned into some form of racket - as I understand it, the populace of Zoners we have already released to Pygar are in fact, ahem, 'Zoners', those individuals who would choose to live in these fringe environments to get away from the droll bureaucracy of the Houses, and as such avoiding some form of intensive immigration bureau. Now, we of course understand the need for some record-keeping, and we have already offered to share the full manifests of every individual we have dropped off on the Planet with your officials on Corfu and Freeport 9 already, but to argue that we haven't done a good enough job keeping track of people that, as I understand it, largely don't want to be kept track of? To suggest that is, candidly, a gross miscalculation of the lengths we have gone to ensure a seamless integration with your ongoing efforts.

As to those ongoing efforts, I was surprised to hear of this Multiplex given that our discussions had gone on for the better part of two days with nary a mention of this installation. In interviewing our delivery personnel we discovered that they did know of the base, but not of its nature as a migrant processing center for the Zoners in lieu of Corfu. In the interest of fairness, the liner Lap of Luxury did indeed deliver some migrants to the installation for processing, but found the process painfully slow by comparison. The pilot returned in their "Hotshot" freighter vessel to find that very few, if any, of the migrants had cleared even pre-processing, and would not be due to ship down to the planet for several more hours. This kind of inefficiency speaks, I believe, to the need for such an installation as our own to exist, at least for our own temporary efforts, and as to why I believe our expertise and assistance might be most needed in these operations.

However, given what you have already said - that you find our installation unnecessary, seemingly an affront to the work you've already done, and even to go so far as to suggest that my corporate staff would blatantly lie about the humanitarian situation - then I believe we now both understand what the situation we're dealing with here truly is. Rest assured, migrant deliveries and processing will continue aboard the Relief Center until approximately twelve hours prior to your requested decommission time, giving us enough time to secure the dock and scuttle it in orbit safely. You will find yourself able to dock and inspect the installation, barebones as it may be. The fine, once the amount has been verified and payment information received, will be paid in full. Synth Foods humanitarian operations in the sector after the decommissioning of the Relief Center, however, will be placed on indefinite hold while we re-evaluate both the necessity of such an operation and, more importantly, how such operations might be hampered by such...unforeseen complications.

You have spoken to your people, and now I have spoken to mine - and I understand that a fair few Zoners around the area have been very gracious in regards to our presence, especially those we have left upon Pygar. We had assumed that in undertaking this mission it was perhaps better to ask for forgiveness than permission, what with the humanitarian crisis that appeared to still persist - but I suppose we also relied on those handling the situation genuinely looking for assistance. I suppose we can still be wrong.

With warm regards,

Jay Stevens
C.E.O., Synth Foods Inc.

Date: 26th May May, 826 A.S.
Subject: Base Status.

Mr. Stevens. The fine should be payable to account "Velvet|Bank"

Now, I will say one thing, The only people causing problems here, as you have so eluded to, is yourselves. Lack of communication, blatantly disrespecting our rules which are open for everyone to know and then calling out the Multiplex for doing the operation properly? Don't act coy and condescending, your installation has no purpose, other than halting our own operations.

Now, I want to lay this to bed. So, I will finish with thanking you for the docking rights, and the fact that this station will be gone. However, one more wrong step by your people then rest assured, your whole operation will end. I am tired of having the good willed nature of my people taken advantage of. As far as asking for forgiveness instead of permission, all of this could have been avoided by a simple message asking, or even telling us, that you were up to such a task. We would have even supported you. For now, use the Consensus Multiplex. The station designed specifically for this operation. As far as our operation being slow. Again, it is because we are doing things properly. Not going around trying to help and then making it harder for us on the surface of Pygar and on Corfu itself. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, Mr. Stevens. Intentions that I believe Synth has ulterior motives for.

The fact your pilots have omitted the Multiplex does also show their repeated ignorance to the whole operation. A base that is VERY clearly visible. 5 days.

== End Transmission==

To all concerned,

Thanks to the diplomatic touch of Administrator Koken, I believe we consider this matter resolved. Synth Foods liners will continue to process migrants aboard the Relief Center for the next fourty-eight hours, while Velvet will be permitted to oversee operations in some capacity and participate should they so desire. At the end of the forty-eight hours, the operation will be decommissioned, and further Synth Foods humanitarian efforts will be re-evaluated. Preparations will also be made for the planning and development of several biodomes and hydroponics farms on Planet Pygar, should the administrators wish that project to continue. We believe that it would be an adequate boon to the humanitarian efforts on Pygar more in line with Synth Foods' skillset.

Jay Stevens
C.E.O., Synth Foods Inc.

[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: IqnFB9n.jpg]
To: Jay Stevens
Ship: Bodhi
Subject: Negotiation Takeover
Encryption: Average

Due to the surprising and, worrying resignation of Melissa Jones. I will be taking over the negotiations going forward between Synth and Pygar operations. I hope to continue the peaceful and diplomatic negotiations on future bio-domes and foodstuffs delivered to Pygar.

Yours sincerely, Probational Administrator Sun Koken

Message End