Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Foster Captain's Log - Cruiser Sekhmet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Orderrecon.png]

Sekhmet Captain's Logs

Outbound comms:
30.05.826 Affiliate: Rebecca Foster
26.05.826 TO: Silke of the DWR

Inbound comms:

Shipname: Sekhmet

Date: 26.05.826

Subject: Arrival in civilized space

Start of log.

Our mission to observe the strange activity in Thuringia was a partial success. We received plenty of news once we finally deployed all sensor arrays in the area.

Most communications we received were about the Kusari Rheinland war we already knew of but the other messages we managed to intercept were regarding a Separatist movement within Liberty and the Independent worlds to its south.

It's a bit of surprise we haven't heard of such chaos from home but we had to slip through so many defense lines that it took us more than a year to even arrive in Thuringia.

That nomads would infiltrate either this movement or Libertys government again is so important that I am confused we weren't sent there instead. I couldn't find a single report about those groups within the data banks.

Most of my small crew are from Liberty and I was urged to move the ship closer to home. And so I gave the order to exit toward Puerto Rico. While crossing the system though we were cut off by Rheinland gunboats. We barely managed to get out the system alive and most systems failed during the jump.

A Bundschuh vessel, captained by a certain 'Silke' helped us and assured us they'd call for the Separatists if we would suffer any further incidents.

Once we arrived in Bering, the captain and her crew helped our wounded and we now await to meet with the Separatist forces to gain further information.

Once this ship is back up and running, we will pay back our debts with the Bundschuh.

I've had my crew throttle the power core until we are able to repair all damages.

End of log

Date: 26.05.826

Subject: Amenhotep

Start of log.

I decided to check all systems on a patrol run through Bering. And unexpected enough, a real nomad showed up. We tried to support the Separatist forces to our best ability but the scout unit managed to evade after taking out a Separatist fighter. So we were forced to return to the Freeport, having lost.

Curiously enough there seems to be another Order vessel fighting based from the independent worlds. The Amenhotep was sighted around the Freeport and it seems to support the Separatists. I've ordered our weakened cruiser to follow them and together we managed to send an invading Outcast warship running, damaged by our combined attack.

As we returned to Bering, the Order Overwatch passed by but they did not dare stay out of fear of the Amenhotep. Where this animosity comes from I have yet to figure out. Though the Amenhotep's captain is not the most comfortable to talk to. He seems almost like a robot.

End of log

Date: 27.05.826

Subject: Unioners

Start of log.

We met a Unioner vessel today. It just did some basic inquiries and then retreated, suggesting us to contact the Separatist command. As we have planned regardless.

It is curious though, considering I heard about hostilities between the two organisations.

End of log

Date: 28.05.826

Subject: Liberty Navy

Start of log.

This is the first time we met the Navy. A capital vessel entered Bering cloaked and we were asked questions. We did not reveal anything and once the vessel uncloaked retreated deeper into the Tanner Belt.

I'm not sure what the purpose of its visit was. I'd not have used a ship like that for recon inside this system but maybe it is the Navy's desperation or possibly arrogance.

I am sure we will find out soon.

End of log

Date: 28.05.826

Subject: Oracles

Start of log.

I dared to send the Sekhmet further into Liberty and we got past the Pennsylvania system. We had just jumped into the system when we found an Oracle ship directly ahead.

I've ordered to move in and attack. The ship sent not a single word back and after some pursuit we managed to do critical damage to the vessel. We patrolled Liberty further until we returned for a refuel to Galveston.

End of log

Date: 30.05.826

Subject: Auxesia

Start of log.

we've crossed the Kansas system today and while getting closer scans of Planet Wichita, met with an Auxesian Arbiter class warship called 'Achlys'. I've had a conversation with Strategos Leviathan about the current situation in the area. They do have strange names but their goals seem sound and their support believable.

I will have to gather more information to confirm this to be true but if they indeed act on these beliefs then I understand their animosity toward the Order. Many of us share similar animosities about abandoning the true goal. And that they have not sent vessels into Liberty to resolve or support this situation just enforces my beliefs.

I hope to regain the reputation we once lost and to help bring an end to this needless violence and fight the taint of alien corruption. I am getting worried though. We direly need more repairs and we will eventually run out of fuel and supplies. We have lots of work ahead of us. And it might not all include fighting the nomad plans head on.

End of log

Date: 13.06.826

Subject: Sekhmet

Start of log.

during tests, the worst case happened today. The ship's reactor finally gave in. We just cannot get much more power out of it than is required for engine and shield. We certainly won't manage to take it into any fights.

I will really have to figure out someone capable to help us fix the vessel. And I need to find a replacement ship for myself to contact people in the area.

Why did this happen just as we cut ties with the Order?

End of log