Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Doctor Erzie, IRG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force
Dept. of Tactical Operations

Agent 'Hornady'

Doctor Erzie and Associates:

I apologize for having to introduce myself under these circumstances. You may call me Hornady, and the Security Force once again requires the assistance of those with a more experimental academic bent. Logs of today's test of the WG-94 Rolling Spaceframe Missile Defense Grid have been dispatched over a secure communications channel directly to your vessel for review. It would appear that the limiting factor at this point is not the ability of the supercomputers you have contributed your expertise to building, but rather our ability to keep them fully powered under extreme stress. Agent Tracer, before his Directorate-mandated leave, informed me of rumors that your Research Group has been performing experiments with new methods of power generation, methods that may suit our needs. Assuming that these rumors are true, the Security Force would be very interested in learning more about this technology, and perhaps acquiring it. Of course, payment will be discussed once these rumors become substantiated.

Agent 'Hornady'
Senior Agent

Attached files: None

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Dr. James Erzie :-_-_-_-_-

Agent Hornady,
Your directors and fellow agents may not have already informed you - but we've already dedicated teams to produce and distribute available power cells to the Liberty Security Force. Other projects and collaborations between our organizations have lead to our inevitable support for your organization, and we see it fit to provide the highest capabilities we can offer. Should you require one of our on-hand units to be assigned specifically to your project, please speak with your supervision to requisition their assignment, as we're awaiting their instruction on which vessels to install them on with teams ready at Chesapeake. Should you need additional units, or units specifically fabricated for your specifications, we can also construct them to order, and make it a due priority.

I'm off-site myself, as I'm seeing to the data collection from two of Ingenuus' primary assets, and using their analytics and telemetry to decide with my fellow directors how to prioritize our own actions internally. Nevertheless, the teams we've put into place should be at your disposal for anything you need, as their assignment is to help direct the manpower within intuitive and efficient margins to provide the LSF with its highest available efficiency and performance. Hopefully you find this suitable.

Best of luck

Dr. James Erzie
PhD, Theoretical physics, Thermodynamics
Ingenuus Research Group

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force

Agent 'Hornady'

Doctor Erzie:

It would appear splitting my time between this project and our assault on the Bering system has left me somewhat out of the loop. Ingenuus has my most sincere gratitude for making your technology available to those in the Republic who would seek to use it for good. A requisition request will be transmitted to the Directorate shortly. Some back-of-the-napkin calculations performed by Doctor Carter have confirmed that under a full-load, life-fire test, each of the MK-CULSIM targeting and control computers draws anywhere between 55 and 85 megawatts of power continuously, totaling a complete power draw during combat of 385 to 595 megawatts per salvo multiplied by the lifetime of missile tracking. Including turret control, tracking control, data transmission, and most critically cooling, that figure nearly triples. As it stands, the Willow Grove's main power plant produces roughly a third of this number under combat conditions after subtracting shield, weapon, and auxiliary power draws. Doctor Carter has assured me that your power cell can comfortably accommodate these needs, but I'd much prefer to hear it from the mouth of babes before we move forward.

Agent 'Hornady'
Senior Agent

Attached files: None

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Dr. James Erzie :-_-_-_-_-

Agent Hornady,
The information Doctor Carter has given you is correct. With the numbers you've provided, our power cells could power your systems ten-fold as long as you had sufficient cooling. While one of these cores could technically power a Colony ship-sized vessel, it's primary limitation is heat concentration - which means the smaller the ship, the harder it can be to keep things cool, resulting in the lower power output they are throttled too to compensate. This is why we typically run our power systems on duality, since having a backup system is typically required as is, it only makes sense to run both generators at a lower rate in separate locations, than it does to concentrate all that heat into one place. This does also mean that while your computer systems are inactive, you'll have access to that power for basically any task you can think of. So do with it what you will. We have been exploring the ideas of cooling systems to couple our outstanding performance power cells, but that's in a very early stage of design, rather than ready for implementation.

Hopefully this gives you some semblance of ease.

Best of luck

Dr. James Erzie
PhD, Theoretical physics, Thermodynamics
Ingenuus Research Group