Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Terrorist Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Due to the release of 4.85 and the changes included with it, this entire idea is being rethought.

Key:
Red: Read me i'm probably important!
Green: Not likely to change, without great reason. Input is still welcome.
Orange: May change, with any decent reason. (Need your input.)
This Color: The meat of the idea. (Need your input.)

[The following is subject to change according to input by you and myself]
Name: Ichi Tominaga
Callsign: Blind.Kitsune (Kitsune, according to wikipedia: here.)
Ship: Blood Dragon.
IFF: Blood Dragon.
ZOI: Kusari & surrounding systems.
Loadout: Blood Dragon and some allies.. (Any specific suggestions?)
Targets:
1.) Squidies, and those carrying squid gear.
2.) Hogosha

Motives/Day to Day Activities:
1.) Ichi hates everything about the Nomads. He won't actively seek out Nomads or people with their equipment(excluding Samura), but if you have any squid gear or are a Nomad, stay away. He'll go crazy and "cleanse Kusari of your filth".

2.) Scan all nearby Samura ships, checking for nomad equipment. See motive 1 for the result of finding any.

2.) Be a nuisance to all of Hogosha. They defended a squid loving Samura vessel, they're gross and must be erased from existence.

3.) Trick, confuse, outwit, and sway others for personal amusement. Example: Lure, with the use of distress calls, an unsuspecting victim to my "disabled" ship. (I'll lets some NPC's bash my hull a bit.) Then, i bot up and give them a surprise ship renovation. Or, if they notice i still have bots, or show some other sign of intelligence or any quality that Ichi specifically likes, he sends them off with a gift.

4.) Defend Kyoto with his life. It's not only his home, but the home of his only friend and the family that took him in. The Blood Dragons.

Mannerisms/Traits:
1.) Has a strong sense of honor. Any challenge to it will result in a duel, and any sign of dishonor will earn you a chat about your annoying worthlessness. This is a major reason as to why the Blood Dragons now accept him as family.

2.) Formerly a severe social recluse, he learned most of his vocabulary from books. That, coupled with the multiple years without speaking a word, have made his manner of talking slightly unique; less Kusarian.

3.) Has outbursts of paranoia laced fury when encountering squid gear or Nomads themselves. He becomes extremely hostile to anyone around him, excluding Blood Dragons/"Friends".
To sum it up. He ENGAGING and shoots everyththing until it's dead. "It" being the squid or squid lover.
Example:
Ichi: "Is that a squid squirter on your ship!? What's wrong with you?! Don't you know they can infect you!? ...you're probably already infected...*heavy breathing*...You...AH! SQUID!" *pewpewpew*
Innocent Person Passing By: *whistles*
Ichi: "AAAH!! Another one!! Die you disgusting blight on the universe!" *probably-non-lethal pewpew*

This earned him the first part of his callsign: Blind.

4.) Loves playing practical jokes and tricking people in any way. He finds it amusing, even when it leads to the person's laughter-inducing demise. Along with his rare display of intellect and his ever-present mysterious manner of existence, this earned him the second part of his callsign: Kitsune.
Another part of this, along with his sense of honor, is his tendency to randomly choose sides in an already occurring battle. He'll quickly analyze the situation, then start shooting at one side or the other.
Examples:
KNF fighter engages multiple BAF fighters. Ichi would side with the KNF.
Lone Trader if being pirated by multiple GC, Ichi would side with the trader.
Single KSP officer engaged by multiple GC, Ichi would side with the KSP.
An amount of Blood Dragons attacking a lesser amount of targets, Ichi would inform the Blood Dragons of the dishonorable nature of the battle, hoping that they would order a few of their own to disengage.

Differences from the average Blood Dragon:
1.) Is not concerned with who is in control of the government.
2.) Hates Outcasts, they're squid lovers.
3.) Is not hostile with KNF, KSP, or anyone else besides Nomads, Hogosha, Outcasts, and Samura.
4.) Was not born a Blood Dragon. He was accepted in after being rescued from the Hogosha by one, and bonded over a period of rehabilitation. More on this soon to come in his bio.

Diplomatic Disposition:
Allied:
None.

Friendly:
Blood Dragons

Neutral:
Golden Chrysanthemums
Gas Miners Guild
Kishiro Tech
Kusari Naval Forces
Kusari State Police
Independent Miners Guild
Junkers
Zoners
Orbital Spa & Cruise

Unfriendly:
Farmers Alliance (Allied with Samura.)
Outcasts
The Order (Allies of Hogosha.)
Corsairs (Allies of Hogosha.)
Liberty Navy (Squid gear.)
BAF (Enemy of Kusari, threat to his home.)

Hostile:
Hogosha
Samura Heavy Industries (Known lovers of squid gear, according to Ichi.)
Nomads (Squid.)
Das Wilde (Squid.)
Keepers (Squid.)
Bounty Hunters Guild

Previous version:
Quote:So, i'm playing around with an idea for a character, and it dawned on me that the Terrorist ID would work pretty well, though another may fit nicely as well by the time i complete this idea.
Anyway, i'd like your input, Community of Disco, because it is valuable.
So here's what i have so far...

Key:
Red: Read me i'm probably important!
Green: Decided.
Orange: Possible/Probable choice.

[Subject to change according to input by you and myself]
Name: Unknown
Callsign: Blind.Kitsune
Ship: Blood Dragon. Definitely NOT a cap.
IFF: Blood Dragon.
ZOI: Kusari & surrounding systems.
Loadout: Blood Dragon and some allies.. No squid gear.
Targets:
1.) Anyone who's actions or views conflict with my character's motive.
2.) Squidies, and those carrying squid gear.
3.) Hogosha

Motive(s):
1.) Defend a certain remote sector of a system from intruders. It will be the location of my home.
Kyoto

2.) Destruction/Coercion of ships/pilots carrying nomad anythings. Due to my character's belief that carrying nomad gear will cause you to go insane or be more susceptible to infection. So...he thinks those people are quite unintelligent and self-destructive, so they must be purged from existence.

3.) To sway minds. My character will enjoy playing with people, trying to confuse them and make them lose loyalty or faith to those they follow or work for. In some cases, he will attempt to get people to second-guess their reasons for killing/disliking the people that they do. Rough example: Get a weak-minded Outcast to wonder why he hates Corsairs so much.

4.)To pick fun at those who fly ugly ships. My character's opinion on ship styles are suspiciously similar to my own. Who would've guessed? Alright...this one is more of a joke, really.

5.) To initiate duels, with prior warning, against "worthy opponents". A person's "worthyness" does not necessarily have anything to do with their combat capabilities. It could be their way of speaking, what they speak, what ship they fly, how they fly, their attitude, etc...
Insulting, challenging, or being a threat to his honor will be valid grounds for this as well.

6.)To spread propaganda and lies, but on a minor level. Rough example: I'd warn a player that so-and-so is out to get them, for some entirely absurd and/or undeniably genius reason.

7.)To change the tide of battles by aiding or impeding one side or the other. So i'll drop equipment, join the fray, or just talk on the sidelines of whatever skirmishes i happen to stumble upon. Not always, mind you, just sometimes. I'd like feedback on this one. Good idea? Bad idea?

8.)To have ruthless outbreaks, caused by emotional instability, of which the outcome will be the implosion of multiple ships, sometimes including myself. Possibly only one ship, if i decide to fail at piloting.
During these outbreaks, no reason or judgment will be involved in the initial attack. The character will be unbiased and unprejudiced with his fury. This is part of why his nickname is Blind Fox. The blind part, anyway. The fox part is just because i like the animal, second only to the Platypus, but a terrorist can't be named Blind Platypus, now can he?
Attacks will be...hazy, rather than blind. Outbreaks will be a direct result of encountering nomad anythings, or having my honor insulted, or if fired upon without decent warning.

9.)Deleted.

10.) Lure unsuspecting ships to me, while my ship is damaged with a full load of bots.
Either fight them after a little chat, or let them live if they notice i still have my bots.

Background:
Parents were killed at an early age.
Subject educated himself, funding his life with crime.
Discovered the truth behind the Tekagi's Arch incident, resulting in
severe paranoia and a deep hatred for Nomads.
Discovered a Samura ship sporting an experimental loadout of Nomad
gear and decided it was too dangerous, it was his first kill.
A passing Hogosha patrol attacked after witnessing the murder.
He was confused as to why someone would avenge anyone that
carried Nomad gear, so he decided that the Hogosha were fools,
but good pilots. He barely escaped with his life, but his ship was
dusted. A Blood Dragon pilot picked him up and ran off before
the Hogosha could destroy his pod.
Delirium, of Blind Fox. Full first entry of a character background.

Diplomacy: (Keep in mind, this is my disposition towards others, not how they feel about me. None on this list are "safe" or KOS, it's just what my character's first impression will be of players and NPC's belonging to these factions.)
Allied:
None (He's a terrorist...need i say more?)

Friendly:
Blood Dragons (Took him in, and his only friend is a member.)

Neutral:
Golden Chrysanthemums (Allied to Blood Dragons.)
Gas Miners Guild (Parents were members. Neutral/Friendly)
Kishiro Tech
Kusari Naval Forces (Seen as puppets, not the direct cause for the government he dislikes.)
Kusari State Police (Same as KNF.)
Independent Miners Guild
Junkers (Enemies of Hogosha.)
Zoners
Orbital Spa & Cruise

Unfriendly:
Farmers Alliance (Allied with Samura.)
Outcasts
The Order (Allies of Hogosha.)
Corsairs (Allies of Hogosha.)
Liberty Navy (Squid gear.)
BAF (Enemy of Kusari, threat to his home.)

Hostile:
Hogosha
Samura Heavy Industries (Known lovers of squid gear, according to him.)
Nomads (Squid.)
Das Wilde (Squid.)
Keepers (Squid.)
Bounty Hunters Guild (He has a price on his head, probably.)

Remember, all of this can and will be changed.
This is a brainstorm, and i just threw down as many ideas as i could within a general idea of what i wanted to do with the character. Feel free to give your two cents, be it positive or negative, i will appreciate it.
Really...you can submit any opinion, or just tell me a completely different idea.

Thanks to these people for input, suggestions, ideas, reassurance, and/or support:
NegligentBeast
Baconsoda
Darth_Malak
Jovial
Anyone else who talked with me about it on Skype.
How about "Luring" unsuspecting vessels to your "badly damaged" ship by whatever means, then when your prey hops in range, bot up and have your fun? Diabolical, Twisted, and keeps people on their toes...
' Wrote:How about "Luring" unsuspecting vessels to your "badly damaged" ship by whatever means, then when your prey hops in range, bot up and have your fun? Diabolical, Twisted, and keeps people on their toes...

i have done that on Gneisenua, my cannibal character, then, i would eat them.
' Wrote:How about "Luring" unsuspecting vessels to your "badly damaged" ship by whatever means, then when your prey hops in range, bot up and have your fun? Diabolical, Twisted, and keeps people on their toes...

Genius.
Okay...here's my version.

Jettison things and let NPC's mess me up.
Send a distress call.
Wait for someone to come along, talk a bit, then bot up and...well you know. They implode hopefully.
Of they notice that i still have bots, congrats to them they get to leave. I tell them they're smart and run away.

I'll avoid eating them...though...
Hrm, you said his ZoI was to be Kusari? What about a misguided Kusari boy who committed crimes against the Hogosha and Samura, and was accepted into the Blood Dragons? You could fly a Blood Dragon Fighter at that point, and look at the Red Cat or Blood Dragon Gunboat for a later expansion.

Furthermore, you could be one of the people who heard about the assault on Tekagi's Arch, justifying your fear of Nomad weapons and technologies, as well as filling the criteria for a catastrophic event, or you could've been raped by a craving GC on Ainu while getting supplies. That's an idea.

More on this note, Blood Dragons do adhere to the rules of honor, which works quite well for your looking for worthy duels. Also, they're quite proud of their ships, saying that a Blood Dragon is passed down from generation to generation.

Furthermore, your home on Kyoto would be justified quite well, since Blood Dragons are honor-bound to each other when they join. They wouldn't kick you off Kyoto unless you disgraced yourself to a great degree, or you killed another Blood Dragon. That shouldn't happen anytime soon, in RP.

Also, Kusari has the deepest RP with which to debate. Flying 70k up wouldn't be required to RP with most of us.
' Wrote:Hrm, you said his ZoI was to be Kusari? What about a misguided Kusari boy who committed crimes against the Hogosha and Samura, and was accepted into the Blood Dragons? You could fly a Blood Dragon Fighter at that point, and look at the Red Cat or Blood Dragon Gunboat for a later expansion.

Furthermore, you could be one of the people who heard about the assault on Tekagi's Arch, justifying your fear of Nomad weapons and technologies, as well as filling the criteria for a catastrophic event, or you could've been raped by a craving GC on Ainu while getting supplies. That's an idea.

More on this note, Blood Dragons do adhere to the rules of honor, which works quite well for your looking for worthy duels. Also, they're quite proud of their ships, saying that a Blood Dragon is passed down from generation to generation.

Furthermore, your home on Kyoto would be justified quite well, since Blood Dragons are honor-bound to each other when they join. They wouldn't kick you off Kyoto unless you disgraced yourself to a great degree, or you killed another Blood Dragon. That shouldn't happen anytime soon, in RP.

Also, Kusari has the deepest RP with which to debate. Flying 70k up wouldn't be required to RP with most of us.

Due to this, my ZOI is decided. Possibly and probably my IFF as well.
Kusari it is. Sorry Taus, sorry Rheinland. No crazy for you.

Thanks Bacon, very helpful.
Updated.
Edited the background info, added more specifics and a diplomacy/disposition list.

Another update.
Wrote up a decent bio, and made a few changes to the diplomacy/disposition list.

Also, bump.

Your opinion matters,
post it.
Last bump.
Going on with the idea assuming that everyone loves it as if it were their child, after this.
Kusari could always use more life, so I say go for it.
Pages: 1 2