Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Petition: NY cap free zone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
' Wrote:It might not change the players, but handling a lolwutting Avenger or Guardian *IS* easier than handling a lolwutting Dreadnought. If all ties break, you can always just go, do some RP about doing something like trying to arrest the lolwutter and then blow him up if he refuses to respond in RP. Try doing that with a mad lolwutting dreadnought...

Here here >.>"

Mainly, best course of action when you're flying solo is to log something with LNS in its name, hide on a base and shout very loudly at it.

Caps don't need to be banned. People just need some common decency and a sense of fair play. I blame the twelve year olds.
Banning capital ships or restricting them to official factions only will result in a massive backlash. Rules are restrictive here enough.

As JakeSG said, people just need decency and understanding of fair play.
' Wrote:Banning capital ships or restricting them to official factions only will result in a massive backlash. Rules are restrictive here enough.

no you missunderstand whole point. It can remove few rules:)It is whole about allowing to official factions restrict someone ingame (bang bang theif of our ships) not out-game (ban, fine, bastila).
' Wrote:(...)
and yes, it really really start getting annoying to read a "lets nerf this, lets nerf that" threat every frelling day
imagine that.. if we really listened to ALL of what was asked for - we d really end up with NOTHING. - and those that complained would move on to another game to ruin.
(...)
an example are the IDs... for months and months. people asked to nerf this ID, that ID ( usually they ask to nerf "the other" ID that is not them ) - finally all the IDs got certain limitations - and now, ppl see how they cut their own freedom down. - opens up some eyes sometimes.

you ask for capital ships not being allowed to fight fighters or engage in unfair battles? here you are, no more cruisers stopping a smuggler
you ask for defined ZoIs? there you go - your capital ships and fighters will have a very limited freedom
you are annoyed about traders that go everywhere and trade everything? good, you get cooperate IDs and you ll see what you got from that ( like a very limited choice of routes )
etc. - all those limitations come from the players. - its like asking, please imprison us a bit more. freedom of choice is frowned upon - cause "the other person might take a little more freedom than i think is appropriate" - makes me mad, makes me jealous... .
thats the point. We have the choise: freedom or prison. I want to break free.

And for the defined/restricted ZoIs, isnt that an Aku idea? I am not sure, if it is a good one
Those are the only two ways to really fix the problem IMHO, if folks don't want that to happen because of people being upset, then you may as well get used to indie capwhores "lolwut"ing in NY, because it's never going to stop.

~Leo
You can't make New York cap free zone...

Before NY was no PvP zone... haven for smugglers .

Players you want ban will move their caps to another system.. and we are back at the beginning... No point in banning anything. I know you are probably frustrated because when you want o have fun from nowhere 2 Libby GBs one or two cruiser and 1-5 BH Gun ships appear, or vice versa, few Rogue GBs with Dragonfly missiles and one Outcast dessie, but banning caps will not solve your problem.

You can do that by retreating and spreading propaganda in their face from safe location. Also, you should learn not to be so angry when someone rips you apart in your little ship. That helps -a lot-!

Skoko
Even when I'm in the LSF Indies in Caps are a bare to handle. They don't follow directions nor ...are they obligated too. Because the fact that factions are nothing more then a gathering under a name and set rules for the faction itself. And only seem to weigh in RP power. Rather then well needed administrative issues.

Hmm 2 days ago I had a Order pilot complain to me about a Indi LSF. He requested that i order him out of the Omircon system. After listening to his facts I concluded that this Indie LSF needs to return to Liberty Space. But as I told him "I have no power over Indie military units." Thus upon trying to tell this Indie LSF pilot he followed none of my request. Putting yet another sour taste for indie military.

Leadin on,

Back in NY LNS has been a nightmare. Complete utter joke. Their "Leave now" 2 seconds later "engage!" has to be put to a abrupt end. Not only are they are the bases of why this topic was started, there is no check and balances between Faction and Indie military. There has to be at some point a limit to where indies can have Cap ships. And their authoritative powers. Indies disrupt RP, the fiercely hurt Faction PR and they're a horrible to work with.

Concise point....

Cap banned? No

Reampt rules to reduce the population of cap? Let's come up with something that works and i'll support it.

And someone said that the rules are too strict already? Ah yea I don't believe that at all, the rules are well balanced to where the allow you to RP! I'm confused how the rules undermine anyone so badly that that sort of comment should have been made.

Final note....

Indies are the problem, not the ships.

Noob/LOL'er = Fail.

edit: if anyone catches...they get 1,000,000.
I like my ship NY is fun and thats it. I vote against thi petition.
A petition for a change that will change nothing....

That my opinion.
new york wont be the starting place for much longer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11