Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Petition: NY cap free zone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Right, everyone is missing the point here.

People (Specially me.) Are tried of seeing "CAPITAL SHIPS" Every bloody place. If you can't fight in a damn fight, don't bring a Gunboat, Cruiser, or Gunship. Go trade.

Every time I see a "LNS- this, or IKN that or hell even HMS/RNC" I'm thinking "These idiots really...need to learn how to fight without a capital ship."

I have nothing against Capital Ships. I would love to own one, but I'm not going to be on it 24/7 like half of you [LN], [KNF], RNC- and Unlawfuls are. I suggest some of you learn from the BAF. Who hardly has Capital ships ON.
' Wrote:So to all CAP drivers, GET ON MORE OFTEN and show NewYork how to RP.

I do my best. It's hard though, for me at least, to keep track of all the crew's names. Maybe I need to write them all down somewhere..

' Wrote:What bugs me is when a BC is sent after a fighter squad. We can't kill that! And when we run we're called cowards. That's powerplaying.
<snip>
Honestly, having a BC sent after two Barghests and a Sabre isn't really fair. We had to call for backup when they brought a BS in.

Or when a BC if flying past in the lane where a Greyhound and a Sabre are sitting and talking about pinatas pops out and blows away the Grey with nary a word.

I think that's a bit overkill...
There are people like me who lke to role-play in capital ships, and that is good.

They shouldn't be taken completely, just restricted to people who have proven they can role-play.
' Wrote:I do my best. It's hard though, for me at least, to keep track of all the crew's names. Maybe I need to write them all down somewhere..
Or when a BC if flying past in the lane where a Greyhound and a Sabre are sitting and talking about pinatas pops out and blows away the Grey with nary a word.

I think that's a bit overkill...

Use generic positions like "Comms Officer" or "Helmsman."

I've had an OoRP GB drop from a lane silently and *pewpew* me. I escaped, but he stripped me.
I normally use the captains name (last name Belz for Frederick Belz), Technician, and Crewman for the scanner readings.
' Wrote:Right, everyone is missing the point here.

People (Specially me.) Are tried of seeing "CAPITAL SHIPS" Every bloody place. If you can't fight in a damn fight, don't bring a Gunboat, Cruiser, or Gunship. Go trade.

Every time I see a "LNS- this, or IKN that or hell even HMS/RNC" I'm thinking "These idiots really...need to learn how to fight without a capital ship."

I have nothing against Capital Ships. I would love to own one, but I'm not going to be on it 24/7 like half of you [LN], [KNF], RNC- and Unlawfuls are. I suggest some of you learn from the BAF. Who hardly has Capital ships ON.

OK I am going to say this once only once understood? Not everyone enjoys flying fighters, some people enjoy flying capships. To tell us to either fight in a fighter or trade is an idiotic statement. If you would have read some of the statements, you'd realize that capships do not need to be reduced in fact they simply need RP. There are many great Capship RPers out there, don't generalize them

Now.. every time I see someone post "Wah wah capwhore wah wah" I can't help but think.. these idiots really need to learn to rp"

Cause lets face it, if you are in a fighter and you run into a battleship.. you should in RP run. Not suicide attack it and then cry when you get shot or killed.
' Wrote:OK I am going to say this once only once understood? Not everyone enjoys flying fighters, some people enjoy flying capships. To tell us to either fight in a fighter or trade is an idiotic statement. If you would have read some of the statements, you'd realize that capships do not need to be reduced in fact they simply need RP. There are many great Capship RPers out there, don't generalize them

Now.. every time I see someone post "Wah wah capwhore wah wah" I can't help but think.. these idiots really need to learn to rp"

Cause lets face it, if you are in a fighter and you run into a battleship.. you should in RP run. Not suicide attack it and then cry when you get shot or killed.

We understand there are good cap players, mb52.

We know we should run when a BS pops out of a lane.

But it's the kind who are hungry for a blue kill message. They fire the CD on their ship and pewpew you to death. It's not fun.
People need to stop generalizing in their posts. I know for me and many other capship drivers who know how to rp, it is bothersome to be lumped in the same group as the LOLFleets which invade newyork nightly.
' Wrote:People need to stop generalizing in their posts. I know for me and many other capship drivers who know how to rp, it is bothersome to be lumped in the same group as the LOLFleets which invade newyork nightly.

I fly caps, too, I know what you mean.

The same goes for Bounty Hunters, Corsairs, Navy, anyone, really. There are plenty of factions with people ruining the reputation of that faction.

Though, factions like Gaians, AFA, Hogosha, and other less-played factions don't have enough to get that sort of blanket generalization.
because barely anyone cares to play them...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11