Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Legión Maltesa | From: The National Council of Malta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: dFYLGGb.png]

To our esteemed associates of the Legion.

The Council wishes to discuss a matter of urgency with you. Myself and the remaining councilmen — and I believe you as well could not have helped but notice — have come to the conclusion that the political power of the National Council is fading. Whether it be the tides of politics or an unknown factor that we have not accounted for, it is undeniable. Our economic lens might have made us blind to the more pressing matters plaguing the nation.

It is because of this that the Council has unanimously decided to offer their loyalty and remaining power to the new political movement that is represented by the Maltese Legion if such is desired. Rather than fade away into obscurity, it is better to not waste one's bid when it is certain to yield no returns. Having been one of the strongest proponents of Malta's interest above all else, I do not weep for the past. The future belongs to Malta.

Your successes speak for themselves. The Council would like to hear your thoughts.

[Image: ieqSV3F.png]

COMM-ID: Eliza Valdez
Subject: RE: The future belongs to Malta
Priority: High

I wish you a good day, señor Contari,

While the National Council's fading influence was evident even to those outside of it, I had not expected to see its dawn this soon. It is noble that you have decided to willingly let this happen contrary to some of your predecessors that had met their demise in a desperate civil war to remain in power. I am thankful that bloodshed could be avoided, even if the Legión and the Council have not always seen eye to eye on matters regarding Malta. We Maltese are kin regardless of our differences.

As the main goal of the 2nd Maltese Legión has always been the security and well being of Malta and its people, we would be grateful if the Council begins the process of handing over its military and intelligence assets to us. Economic assets while valuable are not our focus and as such I would consider them to be in better hands if they stay in the possession of your council members. We have both seen the mistake and downfall that was when the military aspect of the Legión mixed with the economic and industrial concerns of the National Council in the face of the short-lived Fedeltà movement.

The Fedeltà brings me to another point, senor Contari - the Council members' ambition and habit to establish themselves in high posts of power put them in the position to eventually overrule the legionnaires and that was how Enma Loyola's dream of replacing you was brought to a quick end, fitting that her dreams of power were cut short by men with the very same desires. Too many bureaucrats and people with political ambitions is a dangerous thing, especially for a movement with weak roots in the political life of Malta, I have taken my lesson from the past.

While I'm sure you've done all you have with the clear intention that in your perception it was for the greater good of Malta, I can not claim to have the same faith in the rest of the councilmen. With that said, I am willing to let you, Benito Contari, into the Maltese Legión movement, but the rest of the councilmen will remain out of it. With them out of the public and political life of Malta, the aforementioned economic assets would serve them good to continue a good and hopefully long and prosperous life.

I would like to know what you and the National Council think of this offer.

En servicio de Malta,
Legionario Eliza Valdez.

Attachments: None
[Image: 3HPkrac.png]

Very well, Signora.

The other councilmen have put up no opposition to your proposal. While I believe that many of them will insist on keeping their military assets, I am sure I can buy the most vital components; they are better off in the hands of capable soldiers. The remaining councilmen will return to their private lives on Malta, vying with each other as they always have. In my long years, I have come to believe that this is the way the Maltese culture will be in perpetuity.

In any case. Expect the procured Council assets in due time. I hope that I can be of service, as I am sure having my familiar countenance might be a bonus when it comes to dealing with Malta's allies in Liberty and Kusari.