Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Cadiz Cartel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: qpBnDRP.png]

I contact you with proposition that is not exactly your modus operandi, however I believe you are flexible and influential enough to complete it if not for us, then for you own sake.

⧫ Knowledge

Ever since your kind had approached us in Kusari, the cardamine has been seen as mystical substance. It was seen nowhere in Sirius Sector until that day and even the Outcasts had no answers to give. It certainly looks like your scientists - the supposedly best and brightest that Old Sol had sent to colonize Sirius - had given up the moment you learned that you cannot leave Malta without an ample supply of cardamine and had not developed any new technologies besides refining the grass into various forms easier to consume and handle. For crying out loud even Cryer had surpassed you, developing inert yet compelling substitute that keeps people alive.

Our archives are incomplete and ramblings of century old farmers talking about ‘higher state of being and thinking’ is best left to stuck up fundamentalists before what we know already dissipates in memories of the living. We know that the grasses by itself are extremely fragile and cannot prosper with exception of narrow strip of land on vastly inferior Soledad. Something about the unique biosphere, temperature, gravity and dozens of other factors and propabilities… likely all of the above.

There are also claims about laboratories on Carinea, hidden workplaces of Administrator Jameson of 101st pushing boundaries of science for the first time in centuries. Besides looking like Sixth Century A.S. movie villain, he had a point. I do not know whether rumors of his facilities located in Siniestere nebula are real, or whether those had already been looted or even destroyed by a third party. The Sisterhood believes you are the future of Malta, opinion which from what I see is not unfounded.

The Sisterhood wants to know it all, least we yield our future into existence of a single, lonely world in the Edge Worlds.

Signed, Advisor to Golden Chrysanthemums Hitomi Suzuki

[Image: FZ7he12.png]
[Image: M5peQHP.png]
Incoming Message

[Image: 3Mjboss.gif]

Sender: Don Hernan Escudero
Recipient: Suzuki Hitomi of Golden Chrysanthemums
Subject: Inquiry

Buenos dias, Suzuki-san
The intent behind the message of yours remains as obscure as your assumptions about Maltese society, so I would kindly ask you to clarify the purpose of your addressing us so that we can reply to the point.

As for your assumptions - Malta has developed a whole range of high technological products, including the best warships in the sector, even despite isolated from the rest of Sirius and the luxury of functioning inter-system financial sector with royalties, patents and know-how exchanges, and boosting investments. "Cryer", although loathed on Malta, is still taken with respect as a technological and innovative company. However, what "Cryer" has been studying in pharmacology and chemistry as one company, we, the Maltese, have been studying as the society as a whole for centuries. I would humbly say we have advanced in bio-chemical research, perhaps, even beyond public comprehension in the Houses. More so, because we have not been restricted by "morals" and put the knowledge to the practice in the form of selective breeding of the brightest without shunning the term "eugenics", and subsequently genetically modifying the offsprings to make them even better.

At the moment, Maltese science is working as hard as ever, including on referred to Galicia Research Station. We have numerous Universities which due to rocketing Cardamine profits are financed to the maximum. We on Malta value human lives more than others, hence we value human resources greatly and invest in the education and medicine as much as possible. "Cuatroce" corporation is not an exception: we have a Univesidad de Bernal Dias under our patronage, as well as numerous laboratories in most fields of science. The corporate Research Division has achieved quite a progress and we will be releasing a new product on the market quite soon. As for Carinea - Dr Balenciaga quite often visits the planet and conducts his field experiments there. However, with all due respect, the contents of his researches are corporate secret and are not subject to disclosure. Thank you for understanding.

Since the message was from our trusted allies, I deemed it necessary to answer it myself. For more inquiries, you can address our corporate public relations division.

P.S.: Malta has been using automatic machinery for collecting Cardamine for over a century now. The share of population engaged in farming is quite low.

Respetuosamente,
Hernan Luis Escudero Grijalva

End of Message

[Image: qpBnDRP.png]

Apologizes for late answer, I had a lot of matters to attend to personally. It seems point of my message went astray more than certain worse half of Hispania’s crew we are both aware of from its own colony ship.

⧫ Knowledge

I were not taking aim at your shipbuilding industry, nor was I taking a shot at agricultural . Some of your warships even find use in highly competitive arena of Kusari under our flag. Precisely, I criticize your xeno-biologists more than anything. The corporation of Cryer is indeed, limited in its scope wherever you run a nation. However you should learn to never underestimate your opponents. They had already cracked segment of secret behind the cardamine grasses. We should not be blind to the danger of this product to quality of life both of us are accustomed to.

For eight centuries, Maltese seemed content with cardamine as is its. There were no successful attempts to negate the very few genetic disadvantages of your main export, neither had you tried to push its many advantages to its fullest potential. If you are not constrained by this concept you call “morality”, why are there are no widespread genetic treatment programs among those that embraced cardamine to increase fertility rate to match those of baseline humans, or extend lifespan even further in eternal fight against mortality. Cardamine shows widespread potential for medical, biological and militaristic standpoint which I believe is not exploited to its full.

Can you tell me what is Maltese contingency should a disaster struck your homeworld? Is Soledad capable of supporting your entire population (and your own allies) should biosphere of Malta suffer a temporary or permanent collapse? Have you tried to splice longevity properties of cardamine into more adaptable plants and other organisms, capable of thriving in wider array of ecosystems or had instead developed ways to terraform other worlds into copies of Malta? Even military wise, had you considered developing strain of drug to chain your opponents to the orange dream without alerting them with sense strengthening byproducts of processed cardamine?

History teaches us not to put all eggs in one basket and ideally the Maltese Nation would also ideally devise a plan to continue cultivation of cardamine in deep space colonies such as cardamine grasses biodomes. Should you already remedied this or perhaps even surpassed our original points then you had never advertised such to us.

Signed, Advisor to Golden Chrysanthemums Hitomi Suzuki

[Image: FZ7he12.png]
[Image: M5peQHP.png]
Incoming Message

[Image: 3Mjboss.gif]

Sender: Don Hernan Escudero
Recipient: Suzuki Hitomi of Golden Chrysanthemums
Subject: Inquiry

Buenos dias, Suzuki-san
Your opinion, although not asked for, is welcomed and duly noted.

Being but a single humble don, I cannot speak for the rest of Malta, but the harsh conditions and ecosystem in which we survived and even managed to flourish after a while made us hardier than it may seem. Most of our cities are domed from the old colonisation times so in case of a severe weather cataclysms we can raise them back and withstand the challenge of nature. Even in case one region is devastated by the weather that, truth be told, is partially controlled using general meteoroshaping tech, Malta is not that densely populated so we can migrate to other parts of the planet. As for the invasion - Malta is isolated from most systems with infrastructure that would allow a large scale invasion, while the notification system is advanced enough to warn us of any intrusion in the system by a sizeable fleet. Events of 817 in Omicron Tau are a vivid example of that. Even if hypothetical trespassers make it through, the planetary defence system is one of the best in Sirius and will unleash hell on those reckless enough to come close to the planet.

As for the genetics - it should be noted that genetic manipulation is not as easy as it might seem even given our advanced technologies. Moreover, it is not that widespread in the Houses, it would seem, probably because of the legislation. Malta uses genetic augmentations en masse, actually. At least it pertains to those who can afford that, My son is a fine specimen to illustrate what selective breeding enhanced by genetic engineering can do. Fight against mortality is an old challenge, we agree, and yet we despite our mortality, it is the Maltese society that is ahead in the race against death among the other contestants. While fatum has not yet surrendered to us, we are making quite a progress, with Cardamine effect enhanced by cybernetics and other forms of human uplifting.

As for the Cardamine, the experiments with cultivation in open space, primarily different types of hydroponics have without cessation continued for centuries, for now, without success. If it is to succeed, making Cardamine grow on other worlds would be a lesser problem, making Maltese expansion in the Omicrons inevitable. However, from talking to the other dons, I assume the common opinion is that Malta believes in "playing tall" rather than "playing wide". Before claiming some barren rocks far away from home, we would rather make the most of what we already have.

I thank you for your sophisticated input, Suzuki-san, yet I believe the revolution in Kusari requires quite different deliberations to raise the chances of success. Surely, as your allies we would contribute to your struggle, but after all we are merely helping - the fight is all yours. In this regard I would humbly advise you to concentrate on Kusarian, not Maltese matters, to maximise your readiness in fighting for what Matsuda-san preached.

Respetuosamente,
Hernan Luis Escudero Grijalva

End of Message