Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: On stranger waves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On stranger waves

Uncharted Kusari, Pioneer Freeport

____
Nerva: Prepare for hyperspace jump to Chugoku.

Unity: Coordinates have been set. Jumpdrive status: Charging

I wonder if everything is going well there, it has been pretty silent in the past months. Nevertheless, if something major would have happened, I would surely have been informed by someone from Sendai or Usa Jingu.

Unity: 90%.....91%.....

I should check if the last alteration performed on the jumpdrive caused a change in our jumpdrive signature. Fortunately, once we arrive in Chugoku, I can cross reference the records from Mito and Kyoto and see if our signature has really changed that much. They should still have the a backlog of all the gravitational waves that have passed through Chugoku in past month.

Unity: 100%, jump initiated.

A bright flash of light and several seconds of dizziness caused by the sudden environment change.

Kusari, Chugoku

Unity: Kusari, Chugoku , C3 10k under the plane.

Not bad , considering we used 8-month-old coordinates, did the accuracy of the jumpdrive increase?

Nerva: Send a message to Mito an tell them that we will arrive in about 40 min. And inform the telemetry scientist on duty that I would like to take a look at the past month'subspace scans.

Unity: Message sent.

Alright, what's next Nerva? Take the data from Mito, compare it with what we have and see if the jump drive is messed up.

Nerva: Once we arrive in close proximity to Mito, I will take the Sutinga. You will potition yourself at 5k distance near Mito and wait for the data to arrive. After which you can jump back to Baffin and wait there until you get a message from me.

Oh, right. I almost forgot, since we are back in Kusari, Yatoji-san asked me to retrieve his personal ship from Mito. Apparently, it has been lying around here ever since the Augus Revolution.

Chugoku, between Mito and Kyoto

____
Right, this should do, now just land the ship gently.
Unity: Yatoji Augus-san's ship is secured in docking bay 2.
Nerva: Alright, once you the data finishes copying to the main database, execute the jump back to Baffin.
Time to put some distance between me and Unity, I wouldn't want to be jumped back. As always, I am amazed how something that is so massive can just slip through the fabric of time-space. It will take some time to arrive to Kyoto, by the time we are there I should have already analyzed some of the hyperjump data.

[Image: 8U0so2s.png]
Unity's Exit Signature

As expected, the initial subspace shock-wave caused by powering up the jump drive does not seem to have changed a lot. It is interesting to see the new one is but slightly shifted.
Well, I'll take this a good sign that the alteration have been successful. I wouldn't want to be around when the alterations are not alright.

[Image: o7OLAZc.png]
Unity's Entrance Signature

Oh, that looks about right. It's a bit too high, I wonder if that is related to the fact that we switched to the new power-grid and that gave it a bit more power. This is something that should looked at a bit closer. Fortunately, once I'm done here, I can go back to Baffin and check the readings there.

[Image: EXIuwgh.png]
Chugoku Background Noise

Nerva continued looking over the data that he was give from Mito. The ship was still about 20 minutes from arriving at Kyoto, so he thought he would have time to take a look at the entire data set.

Chugoku Background Noise

[Image: sXRrykW.png]
Suspicious Energy Signature #1

Chugoku Background Noise

Chugoku Background Noise

[Image: 1zGCFFH.png]
Suspicious Energy Signature #2

Chugoku Background Noise

Then, suddenly he stumbles over what seem to be jump signatures. Alright, this seems interesting. Did the Clans started to use Jump Drive technology? Nerva starts comparing the signature with his a standard Neph jump signature. Since the Neph is one of the biggest ships around, any space-time ripple should be less or equal to one created by it. But then he realized that there are more pressing matters, first he had to see if it was a Togo that used a jump drive. There are no mentions of any jump capable Togos in the Sendai archives from what I recall. If a Togo had a jump drive installed it should have been done at Sendai, thus there should have been some records of it.

[Image: Pu1oSs6.gif]

/:~ ssdp Minamoto@ドラゴンの爪 -s 2000
Minamoto@ドラゴンの爪 password:
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~ access Secure Relay
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay:~ Open Secure Connection ~ Sendai-Research-Complex
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Status: Encrypted

SENDAI RESEARCH COMPLEX
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Database
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Database Password:
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Database Status: Open
../:-Database/:~ Togo

[Image: D4W7mpw.gif]
Togo Schematics

UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Database Status: Open
../:-Database/:~ lstRecentUpgrades
../:-Database/:~ Data nonexistent

Just as I thought, there is no record of any Jump Drive installation on any of our Togos. Nevertheless, I should be able to create a simulation and check the exact amount of displacement a Togo would create. By using the information gathered from that simulation I could then calculate the gravitational wave created by the sudden disappearance of the Togo. When the Togo is jumped away, the fabric of space-time will come back to its original form. The difference between the two states of the space-time fabric will create a gravitational wave that could then be measured and compared with the one that was recorded several weeks ago.

UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Run Displacement Simulation
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Displacement Simulation: Started
-
-
-
-
-
-
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Generate/:~Visualization

[Image: Zr5jiVc.gif]
Space-time displacement generated by the mass of a Togo.

...~/:...~/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Generate/:~Visualization/;~Export
...~/:...~/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Password
...~/:...~/:...~/:-Export Path = Remote://Unity://SecureRelay2 : Auth | jX5u98LW24zL5MkR
...~/:...~/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Export Started
...~/:...~/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Export Finished : Close Connection? [Y][N]
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Close All
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Sendai-Research-Complex/:~Disconnected
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Secure-Relay/:~Shutting Down
UsaJingu-RelayNetwork-/:~Closing All Connections
Signal Lost...