Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: IMG| From: Leeds Resistance Forces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>STANDARD ENCRYPTION<<<

[Image: 4hyMIZQ.jpg]

[To]: Independent Miners Guild IMG|
[From]: Jonas Hudson, Leeds Resistance Forces LRF|
[Subject]: Vessels in Leeds System
[Encryption]: HIGH

To representatives of the IMG|

This is Jonas Hudson of the Leeds Resistance Forces.

A short time ago I had an encounter with your vessel the IMG|Falling.Teardrop, a Shishapangma class transport, along the tradelane between Stokes Mining Station and the Planet Leeds. After intercepting the vessel and conducting a cargo inspection, I found the ship was carrying Deuterium, and claimed to be heading to Tau-23. After informing the vessel that it was both in violation of Bretonian Law for being in Bretonian space, it was also in violation of the Tau embargo. We have no set system, but for such things I insist a penalty be taken. Your ship refused, and fled the scene. I took it easy on them since they seemed somewhat out of the loop on the state of the war, and they sought the protection of a Royal Navy vessel.

Personally I have no 'beef' with the IMG. After Aland Shipyard, I doubt you want to do Bretonia any favors. But I'm going to have to make it clear from here on in, that organizations such as yours that traverse occupied Leeds, and use the occupied trade lane systems, some are now of Gallic construction, will be expected to pay what is demanded of you, or you'd best stay out of the Leeds system altogether.

I hate to say it, but although we are based in Leeds, we are comprised of former mercenaries and privateers that have reach well into the Taus. Unfortunately, my terms are simple, stay out of Leeds, or be prepared to pay big. If IMG| insists on utilizing the Leeds lanes without at least paying up, I'll have to pass orders to destroy any IMG vessels caught in Leeds. If you can assure me we'll get more cooperation in the future, I'm willing to let you pass. My only stipulation will be against hauling military supplies. Please remind your captains we don't think of ourselves as 'cheap pirates' and are very serious in our concern about the IMG's activities in Leeds.

Here is a transcript of the event:
SCANS

Also, an insult to our Queen was simply uncalled for. Please send 10 million Credits to LRF|Foxtrot-19 and I'll let that go as well.

Long Live the Queen! Long Live the Resistance!

[Image: p2k7YnX.jpg]

SIncerely,
Jonas Hudson, LRF

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<
[Image: qVA0gnr.jpg]

To: Jonas Hudson.
Origin: ERROR.
Encryption: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code.

Mr. Hudson.

With all due respect to your will to fight for your homes and do whatever it takes to kick the "Gallic invaders" out of your homes - i am sorry to inform you that we barely care about Bretonia and it's interstellar laws - ones which we once followed down to the last letter, respecting your sovereignty and authority.
Then your government - parliament, house of lords, or whatever else you call your imperialistic sidekick of legitimate authority - decide it is wise and prudent to tear down whatever fragile relations existed between The Guild and the Kingdom of Bretonia and lay their hands on what was constructed and maintained by the Guild and for the Guild, not for some random Imperialistic wretches with irrepressible ambitions.

The times we have obeyed Bretonia's laws have came to an end the day Bretonia's Armed Forces have fired first shots in the vicinity of Aland. Interfere with our operations any further, try to play a kind of authority in an attempt to apply your imperialistic restrictions to the Guildsmen - and i will make sure that The Guild will respond to Leeds Resistance Forces in full courtesy.

Make a right choice, Hudson. Preserve the lives of those who pledged their loyalty to you. Trust me, they have a better use than dying in a needless fight with my Guildsmen.
The choice is yours.

~Kirigiri Kyoko.

Attachments: None.

>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<

Very well IMG| representative,

We're not cops or the armed forces, but from here on in, you can expect a lot more attention from the LRF. You know since we see the Battleship Guillestre in the East Leeds Smog cloud now, that must mean that Java station no longer protected by the Royal Navy. I will be adjusting our SOP's to now include the Taus in our patrols, up to and including Tau-23. Since most of the goods coming from Gallia to Leeds comes through there anyways, we'll only be killing 2 birds with one stone that I've been meaning to hunt for some time now anyways.

Also since you refused repaying the insult to our Queen, don't expect our encounters to be cheap. Its obvious to me now that the IMG are stubborn fools, and it you could be called traitors, I'd do that. But, its not like the IMG had any loyalties in the first place anyways, right?

When you refused handing over Aland, I was...sympathetic. But, I was also ready to knock down the doors myself if it meant ending our war any sooner. For now though, when it comes to Leeds, stay out of the system, or you will be targeted for interdiction, ships caught breaking the embargo more than once will have Sirius wide bounties issued against them. Please, do not interfere in our operations, since you seem to have enough trouble yourself to deal with, it would probably not be wise that you encourage me to add to that.

SIncerely,
Jonas Hudson, LRF

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<

Origin: Madeira Base, Omega-47, Omega Indepedent Worlds.

Mr. Hudson.

After a moment of reconsideration and consulting with the Guildmasters it was decided to change the course of action. On behalf of the Guild i, Guildmaster Kirigiri Kyoko, formally apology for the caused inconvenience and the insults my employees have deemed necessary to voice about your Majesty.
While i am reluctant to provide any monetary compensation - as have mentioned before, we no longer consider ourselves to be the subject to the laws of Bretonia - the mutual respect we've once had is now gone.

However, there is still a way we consider it to be possible to extend our apology: please, provide me with a list of goods that are in highest demand on the Resistance Base - and i will personally oversee them being delivered on a freighter that is currently being arranged specifically for this sake.

I hope to hear from you soon, Mr. Hudson.

~Kirigiri Kyoko.

>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<

Ok Ms Kyoko,

I'm glad you've decided to take us more seriously. I have no desire to work any harder than necessary to accomplish a goal, and so I have no desire to go out of my way to trouble the IMG.

I accept your apology, and I appreciate your offer for aid as recompense. However the Resistance Base is still governed by the BAF and so you may no long be able to directly access it. But, if you can have your ship rendezvous with one of my freighters in orbit of Leeds, or relay your supplies through a 3rd party, such as a Freelancer or Liberty corporation, we'll still accept your offer.

There will be no need to send credits in that case. But a fair warning, IMG vessels won't be exempt from regular search and siezure operations, and may be stopped in search of military supplies. Vessels landing on Leeds via the Gallic controlled mooring fixture will also be open to cargo interdiction. We won't be enforcing laws, but we will destroy any military supplies such as arms, munitions, military vehicles, marines, any ores, salvage or scrap bound for occupied Leeds, and may exact a small 'toll' on behalf of our Resistance for regular commodities traversing the system. As long as your vessels cooperate they will be treated peacefully.

Our situation dictates we must continue to encourage all civilian traffic to avoid the Leeds system, and screen as much traffic as possible for potential enemy supply. As long as your vessels are not suppling occupied Leeds with such commodities or are just passing through, we'll treat you the same as any civilian traders. As to your presence in Bretonian space, its not technically our jurisdiction, but that toll I mentioned keeps you square on our end.

I hope that clears up the matter, and clarifies that we are not simple pirates. Everything we do, is for the freedom of Leeds!

SIncerely,
Jonas Hudson, LRF

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<

Origin: ERROR.

Mr. Hudson.

The Guild's stance with the Armed Forces have been...anything but pleasant as of late, that would be yet another reason for transports under our colors would be unable to directly access the resistance base; with this in mind - we have already relayed the request to a trusted third party - a Dromedary freighter under the callsing Rebellious will be trusted with this responsible mission.

All we need to know is what supplies are in the highest demand on surface of Leeds, aside from obvious choices.

I am looking forward to your reply.

~Kirigiri Kyoko.