Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Empire of Kusari. From: Bret-Gov
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: L99I3xs.png]

Greetings representatives of the Empire of Kusari,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Benedict Callahan, Secretary to the Cabinet of Bretonia. Civil servant and diplomat.

While the Tau war is still fresh in the memories of some, we, looking to the future, desire to re-engage with your Empire economically, to the benefit of all.

While we are engaged in a desperate struggle with Gallia, who so violently assaulted both our houses, causing much loss of life, we are confident that tyranny will not succeed in the end, and we must look to rebuilding one day. In this aim, I have contacted you on this day.

Bretonia wishes to trade - as difficult as it may be logistically - and Bretonia wishes to cooperate like never before, to prevent war from ever breaking out again. Aside from the reopening of trade corridors and encouraging trade through Liberty's border, and eventual reopening of the Bretonia border, we wish to discuss potential joint projects within Bretonia and Kusari, utilizing both our strengths.

As you may be aware, Bretonia recently annexed the Omega-49 system for security reasons, and to provide safe haven for refugees as Gallia encroaches on our capital. While many may have criticized this move, we are we are. This system, once lawless to the extreme, must be developed, for a stable future of its residence. The planet itself, while not the unique source of Deuterium, is a perfect fit for its production, and we hope to provide jobs for decades to come for residents by developing this industry.

As part of our cooperation initiative, we hope to secure the support of Kusari cooperation, particularly Samura - who has expertise in fuel production directly tied to Deuterium, and likely the largest market for the end product, to come to Omega 49 and help develop the burgeoning industry. Such a task is no mean feat, and in this we hope to secure the blessing and support of the Kusari government.

Ideally, we would in return, like to take part in a Kusari economic initiative, and as you are aware, our expertise lays in mining, heavy industry, and terraforming. Far be it from me to make assumptions, but as an example, while Samura has considerable experience with Hydrocarbons in Tau-29, our own mining efforts in Douglas station within Omega-3 has been very successful, and that expertise could well be applied in Kusari - particularly if a terraforming effort materializes.

Again, the goal, it is hoped, is to create a system where we both have direct impact on each others internal economic situation, creating a considerable disincentive for conflict between our houses.

Best regards,
Benedict Callahan, Secretary to the Cabinet