Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sealing the deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 20tu4qS.png]
Sealing the deal

Renzu Shipyards. The Jewel of Kusari as far as it's employees are concerned, although it is somewhat lacking the traditional Kusarian features. Where most of the stations in Kusari focus of great works of art and architecture Renzu shipyards has followed it's Libertonian investors with a clean cut professional look.

From the moment ships arrive the passengers are greeted with glistening white corridors leading into the central reception. If you'd never seen the production areas you would never know that it was a shipyard at all. On this particular day the station is bustling with life, workers changing shifts and many customers that are docked for repairs or supplies awaiting their orders to be completed.

At the main desk they are waiting for an important guest, Professor Regis is expected to arrive at any moment and they have been instructed to make a good impression and inform Mr Renzu as soon as his ship arrives.

After some time the message comes in Professor Regis's Sutinga has just touched down in docking bay two. The receptionist grabs the phone,

Receptionist - Mr Renzu, you guest has just arrived.

Kuma Renzu - Send him to board room one.

The Board Room

The board room was similarly furnished like the rest of the station with the exception of a few artifacts on display. The table in the centre of the room had several holographic displays allowing information to be seen without obstructing peoples view or cluttering the limited space.

Kuma enters and takes a seat at the head of the table and waits for the Professor to join him.

Near Planet Junyo

Nerva was reading about Renzu's history, Well, everything here looks pretty clean. ... Family owned company specializing in watercraft and maintenance... purchased an used Samura factory on Planet Honshu, and officially changed it's name to Renzu Aerospace in 452 A.S. Well that is an interesting piece of information, funny how Samura unknowingly help a future competor.

Nerva continued reading ...In 516 AS, Investors from New Tokyo and Kyushu stepped in, emboldened by Renzu's aerospace and ground vehicles' popularity on Honshu, offering to transport and begin advertizing and opening dealerships on Kyushu and New Tokyo. Offers from Planet Junyo eventually followed once the terraforming projects began there....

Renzu Shipyards

Nerva's Sutinga was waiting to be cleared for docking. As expected, the traffic here is insane. But, weirdly enough, everyone respects each other thus there are no incidents.
Renzu Shipyards - Sumimasen for the making you wait. Welcome to Renzu Shipyard, Professor.
Nerva - No worries, arigatou gozaimashita.

Nerva lands his Sutingan and follows the indicators to the main reception. Once there is waits in line and he introduces himself when his turn comes.
Nerva - Sumimasen, I am here to meet with Mr. Renzu. My name is Regis Nerva.
Receptionist - Welcome, Profesor. If you would be so king to follow me.
As Nerva was being lead to the room where the meeting was going to happen, he noticed several old ship models being put on display. Oh, I recognize some of these from the documents I read en-route here. They look far better in person.
Receptionist - We have arrived, Professor. Mr.Renzu is waiting you inside this room
Nerva - Domo and then he bowed. He entered the room without any second guess Right, let's see what we can accomplish here.

The Contract

Kuma smiles sensing that the Professor is keen to make this work. He leans forward presses a a few buttons on the desk, a contract appears in front of the professor.

Kuma Renzu - You seem like a man who doesn't have time to waste so I have taken the liberty of drawing up your contract prior to your arrival.

I expect you'll want to read it in detail but ill give you the brief overview; You will take over as head of research and development, you will be given a several science teams, be given access to state of the art laboratories, nearly unlimited funds for research purposes as well as a generous salary of 500 million Sirius credits. You will also be helping us shape a better Kusari and a better Sirius for all.

I'm sure it won't come as a surprise but you will have access to every file, every blueprint, everything the company has ever developed while working here, so there is also a non disclosure clause within the contract and your work here remains the property of Renzu even if you should decide to leave the company.

Kuma rests both hands on the table, takes a deep breath and awaits the professors response.

After a few seconds, a contract appeared in front of Nerva. Ohoh, R&D leads do seem to get a really nice paycheck around here. He continues reading the contract for couple of minutes. Right then, everything seem in order. Non-disclosure... seems fair.
Nerva: Seems like a fair contract. he thought after he finished reading it. With this I should manage to save even more credits on research. That salary will come in handy when building a new orphanages.
Mr. Renzu seemed like an honest man, so Nerva decide to go with the flow. Nerva: So, when do I meet the teams?

Final words

Kuma Renzu - Perfect, I will get you security passes and all the necessary documents you will need ready by tomorrow. Your team will be waiting for you in main research lab first thing in the morning.

Kuma stands up and prepares to leave.

Kuma Renzu - I look forward to working with you, should you need anything let me know and ill be in touch with your first assignment.

Kuma walks over to Nerva and extends his hand.

Kuma Renzu - Welcome aboard.