Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Chika Watanabe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
June 16, 826 A.S. at an unknown location.

"Hajimemashite, Watanabe-san. Do not worry about Misaki, she is just trying to see how far she can push you. She is devoted, but young and inexperienced in the proper etiquette." She looked back at the patrol boat where Misaki just showed up with a new bottle. Misaki looked at the two for a moment, but then started chatting with another sister.

"Saitou Ryouichi and Yamakawa Rikka. They are names I am unfamiliar with. I would be interested in meeting them aswell." Kiri followed Chika while a yūrei sister followed closely behind her. "So tell me Chika, how long have you been a Golden Chrysanthemum. What is the drive that lead you on this path."

June 16, 826 A.S. Somewhere on New Tokyo

"Hai, I'm sure they would be happy to meet you. But some warning, they're Kusarian but they're not from Kusari." Chika lead the party to a staircase on the deck that stopped at a door. She went down, showing the party through the door. Ahead of them was a long hallway, another staircase at its end. "As for me, I think I joined...when the Tau war started? Hai, awhile ago. I used to be with the Dragons but we don't agree on a lot of things." At the bottom of the next staircase was a Kusarian girl with short frizzled hair. She sat on a crate reading a magazine with a handgun sitting on the ground next to her.

"Rikka, we're good to go" Chika piped up as they arrived at the door. "Ayy, Chika, it's about time. Is this the VIP?" Rikka stood up, throwing her hand out to Kiri for a handshake. "Rikka Yamakawa, Freelancer, smuggler, whatever you need, at your service."

Kiri listened while following Chika and studying her surroundings. "The Tau wars. The situation in the Tau sector has become more unstable again recently. It threatens our cardamine convoys. Do not worry about your associates. A Kusarian is a Kusarian, even when born outside our lands. One of our newest sisters, Emiko, was born on Gran Canaria, but her ancestry is Kusarian. It is always good to see when young women take pride in their heritage."

She shook the hand of Rikka. "General Kiri, Matriarch of the Chrysanthemums. I see the Libertonian life has granted you their customs. Got tired of their ale? I know Misaki made that unfortunate discovery." She looked at Chika when saying that.

"Heh, Libertonian life, I get it. Nah their booze isn't that bad, but the Brets do it better if you can stomach the smell of their planets." She turned to Chika. " But I don't think you brought your boss all the way down here to this shit heap to talk about alcohol, eh?" Chika seemed annoyed at the lack of manners on Rikka's part, though it would go unnoticed to someone not accusomed to Kusarian tones. "No, we should probably pay a visit to our guest. Have him meet his employer, discuss his contract, you know the deal." "Right, I'll introduce you" Rikka picked up her pistol and unlocked the door. She gave a quick yell to whoever was inside "You have about 2 seconds to get your pants on!" and threw it open full force before stepping in. Chika followed her "Dammit Rikka don't you have any tact at all?"

The man was huddled in the corner on the bed, scared by the sudden entrence. "What do you guys want? Come on I haven't done anything to you, let me go!" Chika put on a kind face. "Nakamura-san, relax, I told you that we have a job for you." She walked over and sat on the bed. "Now, I'm not going to lie, we did kidnap you and take you to some random place you don't know. But I had to do it for your own good, ne? What would your neighbors, clients, or even the police think if they saw people like us hanging around your store? You understand, right?" He only responded with a nod. "Perfect! Now let me introduce you to your favorite person in the galaxy at this present moment." She signals towards Kiri.

"I only refered to the shaking of hands, not the alcohol. The ale is something that broke Misaki." Kiri watched as Rikka threw open the door and stepped inside when Chika signalled her.

"Konbanwa, Nakamura-san. You don't know me and you never will, but I admire your work. This is why you are here. If you deliver what I want to my satisfaction, I will give you your life. If you don't, this will be the last project you will ever work on. Do not worry about escape. We are on the middle of an ocean, which is I must say a nice touch." She looked at Chika and back to Nakamura. "The tools of your trade are here with us, as are the materials to work on. You will be taken to them now, where I will explain in detail what you will be working on the coming days."

The man just stares at Kiri in terror, giving small nods as she talks. "Hai, I'll do it, just please don't kill me." Chika grabs him by the arm, leading him off of the bed. "Let's go then Nakamura-san, the sooner you start the sooner we all can go home." Chika pulls him out the door followed by Rikka and the rest of the party. Across the hall is another locked door. Chika opens it and pushes Nakamura inside. Strewn across the room are various metalworking and jewelry tools, a workbench, small furnace, and a pile of gold in the corner. "This is where you'll be working." Chika sits Nakamura on the stool next to the workbench before turning to Kiri. "Kiri-sama, dozo. I'm sure he is excited to learn his instructions." Chika gives a small bow and signals towards him.

"Arigatō Chika-san." She turned to Nakamura. "Well then Nakamura-san. You first project will be to create a statue of our founder, Matsuda Yuyu." She placed a set of pictures on the workbench infront of him. "These are historical photographs taken of her. I am sure you can use these to make a lifelike representation. The statue itself will be solid gold. I want her to wear a kimono with chrysanthemums edged into it and in her hands will be a book with the title 'Golden Chrysanthemum in Bloom' on the cover. The statue should be around one meter in hight. The second project I want done is to make a solid gold version of this." She placed her usual silver mask with the gold floral pathern on the workbench next to the photographs. "It will be for the more formal occasions."

She gestured around her. "I am sure you have everything you need right here. The deadline is 5 days starting now."

"A...statue and a mask? I'm sorry but I'm a jeweler, not a sculpt-" He was cut off my Rikka stepping in. "Hey buddy remember that whole 'work or you die' schtick that we gave earlier?" she waggled her gun at her side. "I suggest you get to work" she finished with a smirk. "Right." He looked around the room, "I think I can do this. Five days? I think I can do this." He started to look around franticly. "Yea but speed it up a bit because Ryo and I are your guards this week and watching you play with metal doesn't sound too fun." Chika turned to Kiri, letting Rikka drill into Nakamura. "Jaa, Kiri-sama, I think he knows what to do. Unless you wish to add anything."

"He should know what he is doing. He made a beautiful sculpture for some high ranked Samura executive before. We will leave him to his new projects now and check on his progress later." Kiri stepped out of the room and made her way back to the deck.

June 18, 826 A.S. Somewhere on New Tokyo

"Alright buddy, I'll be right back, you be good." Nakamura was still working in his prison. The past few days have been endless metalworking. Cast after cast, he could never seem to get one right. But finally, one looked almost perfect. He stuck it in the furnace as Rikka stood up. "Try and have that out when I get back, kay?" Rikka walked out of the room. I have to get out of here Nakamura thought. This week has been hell, not knowing if it was day or night, constantly dealing with his guard's snarky comments, being worked to the bone under the threat of death. He decided this was his chance. Waiting for a few minutes after Rikka left, he grabbed the red hot tongs from the furnace. He had been purposefully heating them every attempt as casting a statue just in case he had an opportunity. The time was now. He hid in the doorway, peering out into the hall. At the bottom of the staircase he could see Rikka talking to some guy. Nakamura heard that there was someone else on board, but he had never seen them. A few minutes pass before Rikka turns to walk back to the workroom. Nakamura ducks his head in, hiding around the corner, waiting for Rkka to get closer. As Rikka steps into the room, Nakamura lets out a yell and swings at her. Rikka sidesteps him, Nakamura falling forward onto the ground, his right leg landing on the red hot tongs. Nakamura let out a scream as Rikka laughed. "Come on you think I'm that stupid? Jesus you're a sad sight." Rikka pulled him up, looking at his wound. "Oh yea, that's gonna scar. You learn anything from that?" She beamed at him as he held back tears. Rikka's smile dropped, realizing that he must have been hurt. "Alright, alright, I'll fix you up. Take the rest of the day off I guess. I mean, once that statue is done in the furnace."

Pages: 1 2 3 4