Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Different ways to make trading more interesting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dynamic Economy:

I know this may have been discussed alot in the past and doing that for literally ALL commodities might be exhausting and will take alot of time (or maybe not). However, with Ores we could do that manually, just a Game Master or a Dev have to be asigned to update it on a weekly basis. Buff 2 - 3 different Ores every weekend and return the buffed ones to normal (this should apply for lawful and unlawful ore routes). Now I know this has been said alot "But you gotta provide background RP" well the thing is if we start from the VERY basic RP excuse (just like games like Avorion, Sins of a Solar Empire, Stellaris etc.) the "Our Depot has been depleted, we'll pay you twice if you bring us!" so kinda like filling up a depot for a week and ofc once they've enough they'd go back to regular prices. This could be the simplest RP explanation for each Ores price to rise. The fact that I brought up 2 - 3 Ores is just so you dont have 10 Factions on the same route but whichever Ore would give more profit based on which Bases they can actually dock and sell it on (specificly important for Unlawfuls).

Two different commodities higher profit:

I dont know if this can be implemented but what if we had sellpoints that say if you take Commodity A and C you get more profit than if you d just haul a single commodity like we have in the past decade. Like if you grab Food AND Water, you get higher profit. My personal view: it would make trading a lil bit more interesting, thoughts?

Code:
Combo List:

Luxury Food + VIPs
Water + Food + Oxygen (on bases)
Water + Food (on planets)
Black Market Light Arms + Black Market Munitions
Tobacco + Coffee
Light Arms + Munitions
Pearls + Pineal Amulets
Premium Scrap + Military Salvage
Wine + Vodka + Whiskey + Beer (Alcohol Combo)
Marines + Military Vehicles
This is weird. Makes sense for Food, Water and all that. If you can find enough logical combinations it might be worth thinking about it.
Probably hard to implement, would require scripting like during the trading events, with counters, silent registries, bonuses and such. The normal prices are just some muliplicators edited in the data files for each planet/starbase etc.
(06-16-2019, 04:28 PM)MasterL410 Wrote: [ -> ]This is weird. Makes sense for Food, Water and all that. If you can find enough logical combinations it might be worth thinking about it.

Indeed

(06-16-2019, 04:31 PM)Darkseid667 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably hard to implement

Yeah...
I think this idea is good. Combos may contain more than two elements, like: Oxygen + Food + Water, probably gives these useless commodities second life. Just write more combinations so we can look at them.
Luxury food and VIPs =)
(06-16-2019, 09:00 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Luxury food and VIPs =)

=)

Black Market Light Arms + Black Market Munitions

I m adding your ideas into the Combo List on my first post. KEEP COMING.
Light arms are from Detroit
Munitions are from the Ring

That would be weird.
It would make sense and could probably be used to make Luxury Liners viable (or liners in general...looking at you 'pilgrims')... if implemented of course.

Closest thing I can think of would be [modifying?] what is currently used for trade events and having that be capable of using multiple commodities instead of a single commodity. Possibly even having a ring-like route where you go to one location, "sell" the VIPs / Tourists / etc for one portion of the bonus, then you "buy" them back triggering a 2nd leg of the route and so on, eventually returning back to where you started for the remainder of the reward.
Nice idea,if it can be implemented , it wuld be very interesting.
Pages: 1 2 3