Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My first story.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Samantha opened the door into the hallway of the large hovercraft. The last 24 hours had been very busy for her, meeting her father and apologizing to everyone including the bounty hunter who had survived. She was exhausted and still couldn't sleep because of her reoccuring nightmare which she had no clue whether it was a memory or just a dream. She headed down the luxury hallway passing by several open doors with mercenaries and bounty hunters. Her father must still be uneasy about her since they were still hanging around even if the number of them had decreased. Eventually she came into an open room with that was very odd to look at. Aside from the walkway and railing in the middle from one end to the other, the rest of the room was made of glass and she could see the world below her and the clouds to the sides of them. Her gaze left the beauty and stopped upon the boy from before. She quickly descended the staircase in the middle to the lower platform and walked quietly up to him as he slept on the couch. She sat down in front of him and curled into a ball, pressing slightly into him hoping that the comfort of someone nearby would drown out the nightmares.

"Hey, Luna won't be happy if she see's you took her spot when she comes back." Samantha looked up at the boy who was looking down at her.

"I'm sorry Frozen, I wasn't aware you were waiting for her." She started to get up but the boy grabbed her and pulled her onto his lap.

"What wrong?" He started to scratch behind her ears which she quickly showed appreciation for by purring.

"Well, I keep having nightmares. Is it my blood that's doing it?" He seemed as though he was thinking very hard before he responded.

"I'm pretty sure that your blood isn't causing the nightmares, you're probably just scared by something is all."

"If my blood isn't causing the nightmares, why am I having a transfusion?" She politely set her hands into her lap awaiting the answer.

"Well, there's a long definition and a short definition, and since you might not understand the long definition, i'll give you the short one." Samantha nodded and accepted that she was young still and might not understand even the short definition. "Your blood has become so cold and Frozen that it causes problems with your cells and the whole division process. In other words, not only can you not heal wounds without aid of some medical equipment, but you cannot age."

"Oh, well that does make sense then." Samantha could see where staying seven years old had it's disadvantages. "So I could basically live forever?"

"Sort of, so long as you had heart transplants or special heart surgery." He lifted his shirt and showed a scar across his chest that was almost healed. "I used to have the same blood as you, but I was lucky the concentration in my blood was very small." He lowered his shirt. "I am worried that the concentration in your blood may make it impossible to have a permanent transfusion. Your body may already have adapted to making the new type of blood." He carefully turned her towards him and removed the bandage on her arm. "These scars should heal quickly when you have your blood removed. Our family is full of quick healers as you may remember my dislocated arm."

Samantha looked down at her terribly scarred arm and felt that if she did have the scars removed that she might find something under them. As far as she knew it would be plain skin underneath. She felt the ground shake as the hovercraft began to lower itself down and she watched as the ground rose up towards the glass. When they finnally touched down, Samantha replaced the bandage on her arm and hopped down off of Frozen's lap. "Well, thank you for telling me, it makes me feel better."

"Do you want me to carry you inside? I know that not much oxygen goes through that blood of yours." He held out his hands.

"No thank you, i'm sure I can handle myself." She looked around for a moment in confusion. "But, how about you lead the way." She smiled and waited for him to pass by her as he snickered before following him out of the ship.

The ground was full of gravel and the ocean that the hovercraft had landed on was very gentle at the moment. A storm was approaching but it would take some time before it got to them. Samantha looked around the coastline before looking up the hill towards a large white building with a medical cross on it. Around the building there were a few mercenaries and bounty hunters talking and relaxing, among them there was Jason who was showing off his new weapon. Angel Eyes was relaxing next to him when he spotted Samantha and waved over at her. She was happy to wave back as she continued to follow Frozen up the path to the medical facility. He opened the door and let her go in first like the gentleman he was. She bowed to him and smiled, giggling a bit before entering inside the white halls.

------------

"Looks like rain." Jason pointed up towards the approaching thundercloud.

"Yeah, it's coming a bit fast don't you think?" Angel Eyes responded to him and stood up walking toward the edge of the shore.

"Well, it is the coastline." Jason walked forward as well, his heavy boots making him sink slightly in the gravel.

"It is....so where's the wind?" Angel Eyes looked closely at the thundercloud, having quite a bad feeling about it.

-To be countinued