Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Gallic Royal Chancellery. FROM: Everett Fontaine, MRG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: a9PMu0D.png]

--CONTRE-AMIRAL EVERETT FONTAINE, RNS ALGERIE--

*The screen flashes with Fontaine's comm-sig momentarily, then reveals the man himself.

Bonjour.

In accordance with the Chancellery's addendum to Marine Royale operational update 184.742 A.G.S. I am formally submitting my demand for parlance with the necessary officers to handle the alleged dispensation of title verified within.

I expect a prompt response from such officers. Or a thorough slapping, if this has been in error.

Honneur et Patrie. Valeur et Discipline.
[Image: 1534448728-1312276-philippe-de-champaign...rivant.jpg]

Chancellerie royale

Adressed to : monsieur le contre-amiral Everett Fontaine, chambellan de la Marine Royale Gauloise, chevalier du Soleil au service de sa Majesté

The transmission opens with a radiant, golden Fleur de lys on a royal blue background. Henri-François de Suffren appears on the screen, and he is JUST AS RADIANT.

Monsieur,

It would be no exaggeration to say that I am absolutely transfigured by the veritable honneur it is to finally address a man of your calibre. The news of your exploits are as indispensable to our wellbeing, my peers and I, as fresh bread in the morning, and the taunts you so frequently and profusely employ are usually the highlight of our day. But let me digress no further, monsieur l'amiral ; there shall be no dispensing of slaps today, but rather a selection of somptuous baronies for you to peruse. Please reply to this transmission with your decision, and all shall be arranged.

The chancellery is prepared to bequeath you one of the following properties :
- The vallée du Grésivaudan, at the bottom of a mountaineous range on planet Quillan. It was named thus because of its resemblance with its old France namesake. While the soil is unsuited for extensive agriculture, the area is teeming with lakes, rivers and forests, and much of the land is constructible. Several mining villages dot the valley, all of which would pay you a tax in exchange for your administering of their lands. Tourism could flourish in the area should you choose to develop it so.

- The parc du Pas du Loup, in one of the equatorial, temperate bands of planet Metz. Much like the surrounding regions of the planet, the Pas du Loup is teeming with exceptional wildlife and carefully maintained by the Office Royal des Eaux et Forêts, so as to provide the best hunting experience. The land and its inhabitants are wealthy, and tourism generates considerable income. However, the Pas du Loup, like the rest of Metz, is not self-sustainable agriculturally speaking.

Both of these properties hold significant advantages and potential, but they both pose certain challenges, though nothing a man of your stature can't overcome.
We await your decision with utter febrility.

Très respectueusement,
Henri-François Maximilien René de Suffren, comte du Loiret, Chancelier de Gaule
Chancellerie Royale
[Image: a9PMu0D.png]

--CONTRE-AMIRAL EVERETT FONTAINE, RNS ALGERIE--

*The screen flashes with Fontaine's comm-sig momentarily, then reveals the man himself.

Ah, lovely.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that His Majesty sent word through someone of your eminence, monsieur Suffren. I haven't been very eminent myself as of late, I have the burden of a full-time flag commission in the Marine as you know, and therefore a lot of field and close-to-field work, unlike yourself and your undoubtedly well-fortified retreat within the Core Worlds.

It hasn't done wonders for giving me time to ponder the offer you have lodged before me, not to mention delays in this dispatch reaching you all the way from the occupation authority. Nonetheless, I have not been deterred, nor have I forgotten this administering of royal grace.

I henceforth declare my interest in the holding on Planet Metz. My time in the oil business has given me a bit of a soft spot for the cold, I suppose, and, besides, there are few pastimes more noble than that of the hunt, just as the Marine hunts down its enemies in Sirius.

It's almost ironic. Almost.

Honneur et Patrie. Valeur et Discipline.
[Image: 1534448728-1312276-philippe-de-champaign...rivant.jpg]

Chancellerie royale

Adressed to : monsieur le contre-amiral Everett Fontaine, chambellan de la Marine Royale Gauloise, chevalier du Soleil au service de sa Majesté

The transmission opens with a radiant, golden Fleur de lys on a royal blue background.

Monsieur,

I am truthfully elated to hear word from you. The parc du Pas du Loup was already a rather radiant retreat, but under your supervision, there is no doubt that it shall be elevated into a true beacon of sophistication, the likes of which mere mortals such as Sirians and peasants aren't allowed to even dream of. I hereby, and with a solemn nod of agreement from his Majesty, confer you the barony of the Pas du Loup.

Kneel, and then rise again, as contre-amiral Everett Fontaine, chambellan de la Marine Royale Gauloise, commandant de l'Algérie, chevalier du Soleil et baron du Pas du Loup.

Très respectueusement,
Henri-François Maximilien René de Suffren, comte du Loiret, Chancelier de Gaule
Chancellerie Royale