Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Representatives of The Order,

My name is Sabrina Iltzmann, Secretary of Foreign Affairs for the Republic of Malta. In the past, I know Mr. Santiago has made contact with you before, to significant effect, though under a different banner. The 72nd Fleet, of which you may be more familiar with than us, is what you may see as the precursor to the Republic, and as such many of their motives are now our own. Contact and cooperation with the Order in the past has been fruitful, and with the Republic's expansion into the political theatre of Sirius once more, we are looking to reestablish diplomatic relations with you once more.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please relay them here and I will do my best to clarify. Until then, I will await a response in this channel in the hopes of reigniting old relations.

Farewell.

[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]

LOCATION SCRAMBLED
⧫ 18/07/826
⧫ FROM: The Order Overwatch
⧫ TO: Secretary S. Iltzman

Relations

It should come to no surprise to you but the general point of view among many of The Order officers, particularly those high profile that call the shots in The Overwatch do view Outcasts as deceitful entity. It is in no small thanks to Nomad conformists such as Don Contari and various far-right demagogues that chose The Order as convenient target to rally their weak-willed population behind rather than address the real issues. As both of those mentioned parties had not been displaced from power, The Order will remain in a state of perpetual war against Malta until time comes that someone willing to bring war to the Nomads is entrusted with absolute power on Malta.

Our goal, as representative of The Order Overwatch can tell you, is complete and thorough extermination of every non-human threat in Sirius and beyond as well as ensuring that internally, the humanity will not step into oblivion itself. While I myself do not believe that genetically altered subtype of human genome you represent can be interpreted as ‘non-human’, you have to admit that seeing your compatriots siding with our enemies blurs this line dangerously to those involved.

Malta had refused our aid in extermination of this element from their society during the one year truce I had personally signed, nor had they done anything within their power to reduce their influence within the timescale provided. Consider this our official statement to know where we both thread. While your transmission will be discussed in higher detail by me and my peers within our own circle, you would be best to make an offer… or a request if you will concerning what exactly you seek with us.

You cannot expect that every single operative within The Order will be able with one hundred percent certainty to properly identify and act adequately towards vessels identifying with “Republic of Malta”, therefore I recommend to not approach contested territory within Omicron Beta, or dare to proceed any further into our space without a diplomatic immunity issued by one of the Overwatch members.

Grand Admiral Michal Golanski
Black Fleet, 1st Battlegroup "Wargods"

Grand Admiral Golanski,

I understand where the Order comes from, as does the rest of the Republic's people. Since the founding of the 72nd in the days of old, we've been ever wary of the Nomads, as well as their ever-continuing plot to control Malta. The absorption of the Crimson Cross by the National Council marked a turning point to where we could no longer trust in the integrity of the up-and-coming, and as such is commonly seen as when we were forced into our conflict with them. Though new groups rise from Malta seemingly monthly, the latest being the so-called 'Maltese Legion', the Republic's goals have never stemmed from cleaning Malta of its corruption.

I believe this is part of the reason why Mr. Santiago saw it fit to contact the Order over any other, as your directive is the preservation of Humanity at any and all cost. Malta is undoubtedly wrought with infestation and all other manner of deception. This much is not being denied. However, if Malta is plagued with corruption and infection, then it is only logical to seek cooperation with like-minded groups, such as the Order.
We do not expect this to be an overnight change, cleansing Malta or gaining the Order as a friend. The latter did not happen immediately with Crayter, nor with the Commonwealth. The Republic is still in its infancy, but through understanding and cooperation we move forward.

The Armed Forces mostly sticks to the Tau Sector, though occasionally takes skirmish strikes into Core territory. I will leave military matters to Mr. Santiago, as that is his department, but as it stands I doubt the Order and the Republic will be meeting too often militarily.
On the business of civilian traffic, should the Order be willing, Ms. La Huerta and the Department of Commerce have expressed large interest in working with the Order.

I look forward to hearing your reply.

Farewell.

[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]

LOCATION SCRAMBLED
⧫ 18/07/826
⧫ FROM: The Order Overwatch
⧫ TO: Secretary S. Iltzman

Relations

I know of Santiago, though I do not think I met him in person as he preferred the safety of his vessel’s bridge. We are unable to process trade requests until time comes that the Republic of Malta holds IFF separate from the current official regime of Malta, or you win the war outright. The Order as a whole does not authorize Outcast vessels to dock with our installations for obvious security reasons. Mind you, it is the IFF system that is banned, not the technology built by any Maltese shipyards unless it is alien in origin. However should the situation change, trade and passage concessions may be granted in the future.

Grand Admiral Michal Golanski
Black Fleet, 1st Battlegroup "Wargods"

[Image: VVv4uRp.png]

Dr. Stephen Callahan : [Comm-ID]
|O|- The Order ~
Secretary : [Receiver-ID]
Republic of Malta ~

Relations : [Subject]

A pleasure,

I am Dr. Stephen Callahan, Colonel, Legacy of Orillion. For reasons irrelevant Patricia Becker is not available and I will be your go to per say regarding Legacy of Orillion. I am open to the fact of starting some diplomatic talks between our organizations but I must stress that we have tried this before and while it was not with your organization directly it still ended in failure. it is my belief that actions speak louder then words and so far the Outcasts as a whole have a bad track record for saying one thing and doing something different. What assurances can be given that this time might be different?

[Image: qFPqXsG.png]

Dr. Stephen Callahan,

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. The Republic was aware of a second primary cell operating within the Order, but until today I don't believe we've had any contact. As with the Overwatch and all other Order cells, I'm sure the Armed Forces will be looking forward to mutual cooperation, especially against the existential alien threat we all know too well.

Indeed, much of Malta's history is marred by hypocrisy masquerading as neutrality. There is much that spells Malta's politics as untrustworthy, which the Republic aims to repair by force, as it seems that the homeworld will not do themselves. Recently, the Armed Forces has reported efforts by the homeworld to strike deals with the Core, which could be troubling for both of our efforts, especially in the Edge systems, if they prove true.

However, as you have said, words are nothing without action. The Republic's civilian news service recently posted a small article on the public domain declaring our intent to move on the homeworld soon. While the Armed Forces is drafting battle plans to see this effort through, these I believe are in their infancy. Once we are able to, I expect Mr. Santiago will be looking to the groups that equally resent the homeworld for support. However, again, this is expected to be a fair distance off. In the meantime, it is my duty to see that the groups that the Republic has in the past worked with closely, Crayter and the Commonwealth being prime examples, be aware of our intentions.

I look forward to your response, and wish you a pleasant day.

Farewell.