Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: BAF| || From: 5th Fleet, Navy Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ZCMtxeR.png]
Communication channel opened...
Encryption: Unbreakable
Origin: Battleship Wisconsin, New London
ID: Admiral Miles Prower
Subject: Operation: Eagle Claw

Bretonian Admiralty,

Following the success of Operation Vanguard, reinforcements and supplies have reached the frontline and Navy Command has approved to propose Operation: Eagle Claw to our allies. In order to build upon the rush of supplies and reinforcements coming in through the Cortez corridor, we wish to mount an assault to break the Gallic push and force the enemy to end the siege of Planet New London. Battlegroups Concord and Alma have arrived with reinforcements to Kensington and the next stage is to commence an assault on the Gallic/Corsair rearguard.

In order to commence Operation Eagle Claw, we would enact the following plan: Battlegroup Alma takes the front lead, flanked by MacDuff and Ottawa, left and right, respectively, with Concord commanding the spearhead from behind Alma. Our remnant forces from the Yukon battlegroup will flank the enemy formation around Planet Dover and strike at the Corsair battlegroup. Intelligence has confirmed the Gallic fleets are battlecarriers and lack heavy weaponry necessary to take on a direct assault, necessitating the destruction of the Athos battlegroup by the strikeforce.

We will reorganize the strikeforce into a force of battlecruisers, cruisers and bombers, allocating our fighters to tangle with the enemies strikecraft. However without Bretonian assistance in the offensive we cannot guarantee a victory, as we've allocated all possible reinforcements available at this time to the Kensington flank. Once the attack begins, the strikeforce will flank the enemy and concentrate their fire on the Athos battlegroup to reduce their heavy weapons power to a minimum. From there, we'll advance to the wreck of Southampton and choke out the Gallic siege or bear down on them, such would be decided in the future.

Questions, concerns and suggestions are welcome.

Admiral Miles Prower
5th Fleet, Liberty Navy
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Gin & Tonic

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

Admiral Miles Prowler, 5th fleet

Good day to you. I must apologies for the delay in responding to this, the operation ongoing in the Tau-31 system has occupied my attention somewhat, rallying what little surplus we have in nearby systems to ramp up the pressure on their supply lines. I am also at a loss, truly, as to the solidification of imperialistic takeover of our sovereign territory in Edinburgh, I am sure you will spare a little solidarity for that much, whatever your views of us as a whole may be.

Operation Vanguard was a success, as unfortunate as the loss of the Yukon was, the operation allowed us to be in the position of strength that we find ourselves now. Your next step is a logical one, one we can agree to in principle. However many of my colleagues have taken offense - do forgive them - at the manner of this plans formulation. No attempt was made to jointly create the details of the plan, and despite the operation taking place in our capital system, your plan can be perceived not so much a suggestion as it is an order. At least, that is what some of my colleagues say, again, do forgive them.

Please, do me this service, recognize that we are fighting together, joint partners in this struggle for the freedom of Sirius, and show us the respect we have earned through the sacrifices of our men and women. Let us formulate the plan together, our insight I assure you will prove valuable.

And yes, I recognize that the Liberty navy forms the lion-share of the forces at Kensington, and Bretonia will not forget the sacrifices of your forces, not just for Bretonia, but for all who desire to live in a sector with no hegemonic power baring down on it.

I propose a meeting, I see you are already in New London, so there should be little logistical challenge to this.

Let us do this together, from start to finish.

Regards,

Commodore John Redmond
Carrier Venerable, Stirling Battlegroup
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated
[Image: ZCMtxeR.png]
Communication channel opened...
Encryption: Unbreakable
Origin: Battleship Wisconsin, New London
ID: Admiral Miles Prower
Subject: Re: Operational planning

Commodore Redmond,

My apologies if the proposal felt more of an order than the offer presented by Navy Command. This was merely our next predictable step and wished to bring it to the attention of the Armed Forces Admiralty for suggestions, ideas or perhaps better strategy. We're of course open to discussion on the matter, and I am free for immediate meeting to discuss the next course of action. Name a time and location and I'll be there.

Regards.

Admiral Miles Prower
5th Fleet, Liberty Navy