Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Sun Koken || From: Miss Kiwako
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
_--.<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>.--_

CommID: Kiku Kiwako
Recipient: Sun Koken, Theta

Encryption: Ame23 ~ Theta73-44-21-Helium15-42-Omega11-22-29
Subject: A simple question

Kon'nichiwa Koken-san

I don't believe you've heard of me, but I believe you've already heard about the flowers of Kusari, about women being tracked down, about Matsuda herself.

I represent a small circle of these flowers who sacrifice their lives, in order to better understand words and studies of Yuyu Matsuda and our religion.

Words about you, your beliefs and your shrine reached me few days ago. I believe we share something in common. We are here for people, I believe we are both trying to help people lost on their path through the life and I believe we are both trying to ease and reduce stress in these difficult times.

I was quite curious if there is any chance to find out more about your beliefs and your "religion"? If I can call it like that, I am not really sure if it is one or isn't.

~Kiku Kiwako, priestess of Amaterasu
[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: LeZKZpr.png]
To: Kiku Kiwako
Ship: N/A
Subject: Buddhism
Encryption: Hard

Indeed in my time growing up on Junyo I learned of the Flower girls and the teachings of Matsuda and I may have considered joining with your group before I found my current, faith.

I am a Buddhist, a former Bhikkhunī or nun. It is indeed a religion, a very ancient one within Kusari with not many members. Buddhism was founded long ago on Earth, by the enlightened Buddha who was said to be an extraordinary man. Unlike other religions we do not see Buddha as a supreme being or deity to worship, rather we focus on achieving enlightenment, a state of inner peace and wisdom. When a Buddhist reaches this spiritual echelon, they experience nirvana. To attain this we follow moral codes, use meditation and utmost wisdom. I often meditate on all major decisions before committing to a task. Within Buddhism itself there are many different philosophies and interpretations, because of this it is a very tolerant and evolving religion.

However, for many people they see Buddhism as a more spiritual tradition or a way of life rather than a Religion. All Buddhists embrace the concepts of Karma and reincarnation. Karma is the laws of cause and effect, everything we do gives us bad or good karma. Reincarnation is that we shall be rebirthed in a new form, or for those fortunate reaching nirvana as an enlightened being.

All Buddhists also follow the Four Noble Truths, teachings of Buddha. These are:
  • The truth of suffering
  • The truth of the cause of suffering
  • The truth of the end of suffering
  • The truth of the path that frees us from suffering
There is much more I can possibly say, but I am worried it will bore or upset you and bring bad karma. If you wish for me to go into more detail, please do respond"

-Administrator Sun

Message End

Kon'nichiwa Sun-san,

I sincerely thank you for your swift answer. I am also glad for your brief explanation of your "lifestyle", if you prefer this term instead of religion. I also practice an ancient way of Shinto, slightly mixed with studies and words of honorable Yuyu Matsuda. Our beliefs differ, however I am also able to see something in common. While we believe in the ancient creators and legends about them, we also praise Yuyu Matsuda. Maybe in similar way like you admire Buddha.

Do not get my interest in bad or harmful way. I am a person seeking knowledge and understanding of the universe and cultures. I'd call myself an Emissary. I am not here to set a shadow or curse upon others believes, but I am here for my sisters. When they are in need of help, blessing or if they need to satisfy their curiosity by knowledge, I am here for them.

However recent question about Buddhism remained unanswered. I also couldn't find anything in our library. It's something I'd like to fix, Sun-san. I am not here to try to change you or force my view, I am tolerant and I believe everyone has a right to believe in what they desire and makes them happy, safe and satisfied. I also believe more details about your style wouldn't really upset a well minded person like me, but I would like to hear more about it, if you agree however. Beliefs and religions were in conflict for many centuries, I do not desire to continue in doing so.

I am not sure however, if a personal meeting wouldn't a bit better than sharing informations like that. I will leave this up to you however.

If you would be interested, I am willing to invite you to one of our shrines, where you can find out more about our style. Obviously if it isn't against your inner rules and if you desire to know more about us.

With love,

[Incoming Transmission]

A personal meeting would not be unwelcomed, if you do indeed wish to learn more from me. However my duties as Administrator of Freeport 9 means I am quite busy and don't venture out of the Omicrons much but I may make an exception in this case. As for some more detail I shall explain the four noble truths.

The first noble truth is suffering, that life is full of suffering. To say this in a different, in life, there is sickness, poverty, old age, and death. People can not keep what they want. People can not avoid what they do not want. If that is all a person learns, they suffer. This is a fact of life for all

The second noble truth is the reason that this suffering exists in Sirius. The main reason that people aspire to want things and become ignorant because of this. People do wrong actions because they want things and because they do not see what is real. It is the desire to have and control things, such as craving for alcohol or drugs. For example, if you desire fame and fortune, you will surely suffer disappointment and perhaps even cause suffering for others. Attachment to material things creates suffering because attachments are transient and loss is inevitable. Thus suffering will necessarily follow. I live in a very spartan environment because of this. I myself do have friendships and perhaps more but, it is fleeting and I often do not let myself become too attached.

The third noble truth is that suffering ceases when attachment to desire ceases. This is called nirodha. It is achieving Nirvana, where the final liberation of suffering can be found. The mind experiences complete freedom, liberation and non-attachment. It lets go of any desire or craving. It is attaining dispassionate viewpoint. I realise this may make me callous or uncaring but, no I am often friendly with all everyone is equal in my eyes.

The fourth noble truth is the Eightfold Path, a path that all Buddhists follow in order to achieve liberation from suffering also known as enlightenment. The Eightfold path is very intricate and difficult to follow as well. Even one such as I have found it difficult to follow completely.

The first step of the path is known as the Right view. Meaning that you should see and understand things as they really are and accept the Four Noble Truths. You need to accept that all beings are subject to suffering and realize the impermanence and imperfect nature of worldly objects and ideas. This eventually shall lead to a complete understanding of the true nature of things.

Right view is about wisdom and understanding, the second step tells you of the mental energy that controls your actions. Known as right intention, it is a commitment to mental and ethical self-improvement. A resistance to the pull of desire for material things, alcohol, narcotics and yes sensual things. Good will and resistance to feelings of anger and aversion with any person or being within Sirius. Harmlessness and not thinking or acting cruelly, violently or aggressively, but instead developing compassion for all people. I realise as an Administrator my non-violence may be taken advantage of, but I have found that my kindness has resolved many confrontations.

The third step known as Right Speech is very important to Buddhists. As your words can harm or help others, as well as contribute to making enemies or friends. I am always honest as this step tells us. I am never malicious as this step tells us. I never use derogatory language, as this step tells us. The step also tells us to avoid idle chatter but I have found it to be restrictive.

The fourth step is Right Action. All your actions should be in a wholesome manner. This includes harming others intentionally or unintentionally, as it would bring you bad karma and a bad state of mind. It includes stealing from others and general other evil things humans can do to one another. I am very compassionate because of this step.

The fifth step is Right Livelihood meaning that you should seek activities or livelihoods that harm other beings. For instance, I was a Freelancer but I never traded in slaves, weaponry or even animals. I did however for a time trade in intoxicants, such as alcohol and that was a mistake of mine. My current occupation allows me to keep my speech and actions correct and right.

The sixth step is Right Effort, which is working to achieve what is right. Without this, nothing can be achieved. Any efforts that are misguided can distract your mind from its task, often resulting in disorientation for the mind. Your mental energy and effort can be either healthy or unhealthy. This path leads to greater commitment to self-discipline, honesty, benevolence and above all kindness.

The seventh step is Right mindfulness and it means controlled and developed thinking and reasoning. It is your mental ability to see things with clarity. When you have right mindfulness, you are aware and you can control where your thoughts go. You become a master of your own thought process.

The eight and final step is Right concentration. This concerns the development of mental energy that occurs within your natural consciousness. all your mental faculties shall become unified and directed onto one particular thought. Right concentration means meditation on wholesome thoughts and actions. It is the way of meditation, and I practice it every morning and every evening. I practice it before and after every decision.

These steps are interdependent principles that are seen in relationship with each other and I hope you have listened well. Any more detail, I would very much like in person with you. You seem a curious type Kiwako-san and I of course shall utmost respect your belief.

-Administrator Sun

Message End

Kon'nichiwa Sun-san,

The four noble truths you explained seem to be reasonable, more so I wouldn't be surprised if everyone found himself in violation of either of these elements. People in this era prefer wealth, blood or materials, while inner mentality is slowly going to die. Pretty much what you described, I agree with your sharings, Sun-san.

Administration of the Ninth Freeport must be extreme with the ways you described. Living in the neighborhood of the always aggressive Corsairs isn't something one would desire nor want, if it comes to power.

I admire your stance however. I will send the precise location of my shrine, if you would love to have a talk between four eyes. I believe none of these procedures before proceeding to the entrance should contradict with your ways, Sun-san. If it is however, I will more than gladly find another solution.

The last question however remains unanswered, do you have any sort of "sacred" place where you attend your meditations?

With love,

[Incoming Transmission]

The sacred places that I have seen have been on New Tokyo, Junyo, Miura and of course Kyushu. I do have a Shrine myself on Pygar. I will broadcast the location to you as for your procedures I must insist to wear my Buddhist robes, I'm sure you understand.

Thankyou for listening.
"

-Administrator Sun

Message End

Kon'nichiwa Sun-san,

Wearing your traditional robe during cleanse shouldn't be a big problem. You don't seem to be in possession of the wrong spirits, so take it that you are allowed to wear your robe during your stay. We are looking forward to your visit, Sun-san

With love,